WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter launched!

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
P

purpleblob

Kickstarter is live and already half way through the goal of $300k!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/description

I'm on the way to work so can't make a long post but here are some info:

Planned release date - June 2021
Class archtypes - increased to 5 from 3
5 new classes - Arcanist, Bloodrager, Shaman, Oracle and Witch
1 new race - Dhampir
6 Mythic paths - Angel, Trickster, Lich, Demon, Azata and Aeon
10 companions - with romance options
360 degree rotating camera

Social goals include:
New prestige class - Winter Witch
Traits and background
More music tracks
Mod support
Cameo appearance from Kingmaker
Romance with Queen Galfrey

Anyone excited?? I am!!!

Here's the pitch video.:)

Lots of tiers. $10K - like wow - have to be a big fan. I saw two folks already got the $4999 pledge (2 of 3).

Copying Purpleblob as $99 sounds like the best deal (since I don't do tabletop anymore) - great package plus beta access.

Now to twiddle my thumbs impatiently for almost a year and a half :p

Anyone excited?? I am!!!
Well, yes and no.

Yes, I'm looking forward to a new Pathfinder and have as much faith as you do in Owlcat.

But they're coming off the back of a successful game which made plenty of money and they're published by Deep Silver.

My vision for crowdfunding would be to get people to chip in to make free, open source games that the crowd actually owns. Not use it as a marketing tool for pre-orders.

There's really nothing "exciting" about another unnecessary kickstarter from an established and successful developer with a publisher. It's very typical. We fund the game and then own none of it? Oh, you get your name in the credits? :/

I don't even think i'll bother backing this one. I'll just buy it after a year or so when the bugs are mostly squashed.

But I'm sure it will be a fantastic game. :)

edit:
Also, yes, there will be less bugs because the engine with the Pathfinder rules are all already built. They pretty much just have to make some new maps, couple of new assets. I really don't think it calls for a kickstarter. But I'll shut up about my open source freeware non-sense. I'm such a dreamer.

Last edited:
I am glad you are posting news bits. I made the mistake of starting to read comments posted on announcements. Doing so was a bad idea. Won't wade into that mess again.

New companion unlocked! Winter witch prestige class also unlocked via social goal.

Next stretch goal: Mounted combat + cavalier class at $575k.

I wonder if we can ride Owlbear…

I still don't understand people paying for Beta access!! Once upon a time I used to regularly Beta test games and was then given a FREE copy of the final product for doing so!! It just seems wrong to me to PAY to be a Beta tester!!!!

I still don't understand people paying for Beta access!! Once upon a time I used to regularly Beta test games and was then given a FREE copy of the final product for doing so!! It just seems wrong to me to PAY to be a Beta tester!!!!

I hear you but Pathfinder games are exceptions for me - I'm too impatient to wait till full release!!! :)

I've been following RPGWATCH for years, and I'm finally diving in...

Anyhow, getting close to "mounted combat," and I'm looking forward to what comes next. I've never supported a Kickstarter before but will definitely support this game, considering Kingmaker was my obsession of 2019 (I was late to the game).

With the state most games are released in nowadays, if you buy a game within 6 months of its release you're beta testing. :biggrin:

Once upon a time gaming wasn't mainstream and it was actually work to find someone to beta test a game and now, Well you know how it is now. :)

Mounted combat unlocked and next stretch goal is… dismemberment at 615k... Oo;

Also, more social goals are unlocked and now we have haircut and beard style pack!

I've kicked in and then realized I've STILL not finished my first play-through on the first game, so I really intend to knock that out perhaps next month. I like the stretch goals they've established for this project, especially the turn-based option one.

I liked the Tavern trailer that came after it as well.

Looks like they just crossed one meeelion dollars. They are trending toward just under four million, so they are doing relatively well. Not quite Shenmue III or Exploding Kittens well, but decent enough.

Back
Top Bottom