Witcher 3 - Gets Cross Saves with Switch - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - Gets Cross Saves with Switch

Default Witcher 3 - Gets Cross Saves with Switch

February 20th, 2020, 16:17
[removed]

@Eye feel free to delete this or move to a new thread as you see fit.

[comment moderator: Diy. ]

[removed]
Last edited by Eye; February 20th, 2020 at 17:17. Reason: Removed off-topic content

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

February 21st, 2020, 14:10
[removed, off-topic]
Last edited by Eye; February 21st, 2020 at 14:47. Reason: Removed off-topic content

Andrew23

Sentinel

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

February 21st, 2020, 15:03
I must say I am tempted to double the penalty

STAY-ON-TOPIC.
See thread title and first post (from Silver).

Also, please, for anyone wishing to help me by pointing out to people that their content is off-topic and should be posted elsewhere: just hit the report button to the right of every post and leave it to a moderator or administrator.
Your text is also polluting the thread and has also nothing to do with the topic.

Consider me strict and stern.
--
1. It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'

2. Getting a YouTube video loaded and other BB codes, see this post
Last edited by Eye; February 21st, 2020 at 15:55. Reason: Infraction -> penalty

Eye

Eye Watch
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

February 21st, 2020, 15:05
It got lost in my massive post above - but I felt that the game already looked pretty good on the Switch (remember I only play as a handheld, never as a console) … so I was happy that they have tweaked the graphics so you get better looking stuff everywhere with no performance penalty. No - it is still not as good looking as on my PC, but it is stunning for a Switch game!
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

February 21st, 2020, 16:54
Looks are one thing (nice-to-have) but what about controls? Do the Switch controls work well for Witcher 3, rather than Mouse + Keyboard?

Cacheperl

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

February 21st, 2020, 18:07
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
Looks are one thing (nice-to-have) but what about controls? Do the Switch controls work well for Witcher 3, rather than Mouse + Keyboard?
While I have always managed to play on handhelds and tablets without a huge issue … nothing will ever compare to keyboard and mouse for me. That has been a problem with some games on the Switch, particularly fast paced shooters - depending on the control scheme, of course. Wolfenstein worked well, Jedi Knight II did not.

But two things about this:
- I am playing it as a handheld, which always means a trade-off, but for me the Switch is the best handheld controller by far.
- The Witcher 3 was enormously successful on XBOne and PS4 as well as PC, and was praised for the controls. The Switch has essentially the same controller layout and number of buttons as an XBOne controller, so it is similar in that regard.
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 21st, 2020, 18:20
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
I'm playing it on PC with a controller and it's really good, except for the worse menu navigation which really benefits from the mouse, and some keyboard shortcuts (inventory, quest log) which are missing. For gameplay you don't really need a mouse since there is not a lot of aiming. You do have a crossbow but if you target-lock the enemy it will auto aim.

Ivanwah

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - Gets Cross Saves with Switch