NOTHING - Announced

Is Nothing something ?

A very interesting question, and one that troubles both philosophy and physics.

[*]It's a non existing settlement in Arizona (or if you want, a settlement has-been).

I knew nothing about Nothing, so thanks for that. Here's a little more:

Yeah, just a bit of fun with a title that conjures up images of French chain-smoking intellectuals in turtlenecks. :p

Yeah, the replies around here seem particularly idiotic today.

I guess it turned into too much off topic. And I guess that's to a large degree my fault. Sorry about that. I'll stop now.

pibbur

Yeah, just a bit of fun with a title that conjures up images of French chain-smoking intellectuals in turtlenecks. :p
satre.jpg

I guess it turned into too much off topic. And I guess that's to a large degree my fault. Sorry about that. I'll stop now.

Nah, not your fault. I just happen to think it's a project that shows a lot of potential so I didn't quite get all the silly bashing from everyone over a name.

The Nothing? Neverending Story! (Definitely sounds better.)

Nah, not your fault. I just happen to think it's a project that shows a lot of potential so I didn't quite get all the silly bashing from everyone over a name.

Ok. We had a bit of (innocent) fun with the name. But it did sort of take over the thread, drowning discussions about the game itself. That was unfortunate. A separate making-fun-of-the-name-of-the-game-named-nothing thread would have been better, methinks.

pibbur who try to think about that in the future..

Last edited:

Nobody's trashing nothing. Never did, never will.

Well, Divine Divinity IS also quite a stupid name isn't it? Its like saying cheesy cheese, or multicoloured rainbow, or savage savage.

On topic, I've always enjoyed the Cuberpunk setting, and the pitch of this game has certainly gotten me interested in Nothing. The hardest part will be avoiding all the puns regarding the name, but on the other it might even be a smart thing since this thread has already gotten more posts than it probably would have otherwise.

If they deliver something close to what they promise, I'll certainly buy it even if it's called Nothing.

The guy does seem to be a bit prickly about the name:

"I don't like the name 'NOTHING' or 'THE NOTHING' that's stupid! You should change it!"

Don't buy my game. Seriously. It's clearly not for you.

If you like what you read, support us via kickstarter, tell your friends, buy the game.

If you don't like it, please take to forums and complain, there are lots of people there to comfort you while you cry.

TBH, I don't find that sort of thing smacks of professionalism, and the project does seem extremely ambitious in scope for a KS.

The guy does seem to be a bit prickly about the name:

TBH, I don't find that sort of thing smacks of professionalism, and the project does seem extremely ambitious in scope for a KS.

That's unprofessional and then some. He could have said "I respect you have a different opinion but I like the name and I'm sticking with it". Instead he mentions crying in forums and alienates at least one possible buyer because of one complaint?

The odds of me backing this one just went down.

Wait is this the next Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness kickstarter debacle? Should I pick a side again and start the same argument, and debate over, and over again?:lol:

Wait is this the next Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness kickstarter debacle? Should I pick a side again and start the same argument, and debate over, and over again?:lol:

No, don't panic, Couch. It's just a couple of things that raise an eyebrow. I'm not about to call bullshit on the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom