Skyrim New Land Mods on the Nexus

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
So I took a break from playing Skyrim and finally decided to check the Nexus for new mods. I found a few interesting ones that add more lands to the game.

So I will probably list a few you might of already played.

Falskaar - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37994/?
Falskaar is a new lands mod that adds an entirely new worldspace to the world. It's accessed by a dungeon the first time, then by boat from then on out. Falskaar's goal was to sharpen my skills in almost all areas around the board, with a focus in level and dungeon design. The result is that there is at least a little bit of everything. There is a new land, places, people, quests, dungeons and more for the player to experience. It adds roughly 20+ hours of content, and favors all types of characters.
Wyrmstooth - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25704/?
The East Empire Company commissions the Dragonborn to slay a dragon that is interrupting trade routes throughout Skyrim. But is the dragon stirring up trouble with a particular reason and is there something more sinister behind it? An immersive new quest that takes you to the large island of Wyrmstooth. Battle across new landscapes and through new dungeons in this unofficial expansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Beyond Reach - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48467/?
The reach, a land of grey skies with no respite beneath them. Where the soil is drenched with the tears of Kynareth and the love of Mara has little haven.

Where a pox ravages the lands to the west, and threatens to spill further to endanger the whole of Tamriel.

Take your adventures beyond Markarth to encounter a new spiteful realm, full with danger and the shelter you find isn't free from the horrors outside.

Is this despair caused by the people? Or by some force that lurks beyond the ether? Do the Witchmen act on their own behalf? Or are they the puppets of something much more sinister?

These questions will be found out as you trek your way across quagmires, cliff faces, dense valleys and the bitter cold.

Beyond Reach is a DLC sized mod that takes place in the east of High Rock, commonly known as The Reach. You will experience a story of intrigue, conspiracies sowed by both men and gods, and the struggles of those in the most squalid situations.

Exploration is a key feature of this mod, with multiple shortcuts and unlikely routes making your trek across the region more exhilarating, yet more dangerous.

Quality voice acting and an engrossing Main Quest will have you immersed in the harrowing story of a downtrodden land and people.
BlackLand - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38635/?
Adds a new island called BlackLand with a new village, you will meet new NPC's that need your help to solve some of their problems. You will find new unique dungeons in your adventures presenting new challenges.
The Redguard Expansion - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68382/?
RGX - The Redguard Expansion is a very ambitious project. The mod author is practically a one man army. He literally hand placed every single object in Dibella's Island. This mod did not take one week, no it didn't even take 3 months, it took the author, as a full time College student and work in between, a full year to create this mod. This mod has plenty to offer. It takes the style of Grand Theft Auto 5, actually it feels like if your playing Grand Theft Auto 7 but for medieval times.

It gives you turf wars, drug wars, unique quests, detective quests, treasure hunt quest. New Girlfriends, new house, boat houses, new exotic clubs, new exotic beaches, new jungle, new animals, new npcs, new voice actors, new large tropical Island, new custom soundtrack, new raids, new painting's, new buildings, new weapons and armor, the list goes on. There is much replay ability as well. As some mods you finish them, and that's that.

Not with RGX The Redguard Expansion, it's an open ended sand box mod. You can expect to go back to Dibella's Island. Depending on what faction you join, it will have a major effect over the citizens of Dibella's Island and the destiny and safety of Dibella's Island depend on you. Your choices make a difference in RGX!

One of the biggest aims in this mod is to make the player feel in control, wanted, loved, and respected. Rise and become King Of Dibella's Island, see what the factions has to offer, join them, kill them, or stand neutral and start your own. RGX will continue to be expanded, and as the updates increase so does the immersion, overall quality and fun. Your in for a treat with RGX The Redguard Expansion.
Orsinium:Land of the Orcs - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54326/?
Travel beyond the borders of Skyrim and venture into the harsh mountain kingdom of Orsinium, that the Orcs call their home. Orsinium is nothing like Skyrim. Where the Nords live in snowy pine forests, the Orcs dwell in a desert-like valley, surrounded by jagged mountains and the occasional tropical oasis.
Frostmaarch - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64978/?
An all new landmass to explore, separate from the lands of Skyrim yet just as wild, harsh and primitive.

Visit a bitter cold land, explore the port city of Winters Cradle and take in it's sights and sounds, breathe the crisp clear air and enjoy the comforts of the high walled mountainsides keeping out the more dangerous creatures. Visit the inn, the library, the motel, or take up learning to use the nearby mill.

If your ventures to Frostmaarch are more towards testing your mettle head inland to battle the fierce mammoths, ice creatures, big cats or worse the ancient dragons stalking the skies. Yet even these creatures pale in comparison to the deadly priests and undead dwelling in the deep reaches…

It is one of the worst winters on record and most of the interiors have been swallowed up, time will tell if the snow melts.. revealing the true terror of Frostmaarch!
Well happy gaming as these mods provide many hours of new gamepaly.

Awesome, couch! I haven't played most of the newer ones. Falskaar and Wyrmstooth are both very well done.

Epic post, Couch! Those are all new to me and sound fantastic. Finding the time to play them is the hard part! :)

Nice list, do u know if it is possible to play with all installed in one playthrough?

For those keen on expanding Skyrim with mods, take a look at this guide on the STEP wiki. I've used it, and the results are excellent.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide

Also, their forum thread for this pack is an excellent place to discuss which new lands mods are good quality and problem-free.

Nice list, do u know if it is possible to play with all installed in one playthrough?
You can as I have no problems with them all installed. As most of them are separate lands that do not alter Skyrim, and are not dependent on other mods.
For those keen on expanding Skyrim with mods, take a look at this guide on the STEP wiki. I've used it, and the results are excellent.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide

Also, their forum thread for this pack is an excellent place to discuss which new lands mods are good quality and problem-free.
Good link Ripper but it's missing most of the links I shared above.:)

Last edited:
Good link Ripper but it's missing most of the links I shared above.:)

That's true - the benefit with that project is that all those mods have been tested together, and any conflicts resolved or patched. I wouldn't expect too many problems from mods that add completely new lands, though.

I know Falskaar and Wyrmstooth are very solid. Are these lesser known ones of good quality, too? I notice that some of them haven't been updated in a long time.

I know Falskaar and Wyrmstooth are very solid. Are these lesser known ones of good quality, too? I notice that some of them haven't been updated in a long time.
Well Falskaar and Wyrmstooth have not been updated in months either. Anyway Some of the last last few I posted where updated in the last three months on the Nexus site.

The only mod not complete is Orsinium:Land of the Orcs. Also while some add a lot of content they are not as good as Falskaar. That mod plays like an commercial expansion.

Only Shards of Enderal will probably be better.

Last edited:
Sure, I just saw this on Orsinium:

This is a BETA release. You will encounter many bugs and/or problems.

And it's at version 0.5, and has been for a year. I'm just wondering if some of these smaller land mods are solid and well-tested.

Sure, I just saw this on Orsinium:

And it's at version 0.5, and has been for a year. I'm just wondering if some of these smaller land mods are solid and well-tested.
Read the rest of my post above as I wasn't finished when I hit reply.:blush:

Also Ripper you will have to try them yourself as taste vary.

Also Ripper you will have to try them yourself as taste vary.

Sure - I'm just wondering if there's any experience from other members before I put them in my next playthrough. I've tried a few world-altering mods that were quite poor, and kind of killed the immersion. ;)

Two more mods I found enjoyable but are of average quality.

Summerset Isle
- http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68406/?
Summerset Isle, a Skyrim expansion mod of DLC proportion, continues the story of the Arch-Mage of Winterhold when they are summoned to the land of the Altmer. Mystery and Heroic Fantasy with quest openness to explore, make choices, and mistakes. Your actions will have consequences. In time, learning what went wrong, and those whose lives you have touched or tainted along the way. Summerset Isles uses a lot of references from previous Elder Scrolls titles such as Oblivion, Morrowind and Daggerfall. If you are familiar with those titles than you will find many nostalgic references.
MIDDLE-EARTH - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51319/?

Name says it all a mod in skyrim based on Lord of the Rings.:)

I wonder if Shards will ever see the light of day. It has been over 4 years....

I wonder if Shards will ever see the light of day. It has been over 4 years….

Nehrim took SureAI 4 years and Bethesda took 4 years with over 50 people in development for another Fallout game - so I'm not seeing the problem :)

Enderal will be released this year - maybe even in the first quarter of 2016.

Back
Top Bottom