The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

What are the current games you're playing now?

What technologies are you using? Teamspeak did you say?

Well, in Fridays are playing in groups. I don't plan things, so I'll never know what quests are being played.

You can read here https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44833 that if you are using a code within the in-game shop, all quests & raids are free currently until the end of august.
Plus, the quests of two of the three expansions are available at heavily reduced prices there currerrently.

@Everyone : There seemed to be a few connection issues, as reported in the forums. But things seem to be resolved right now.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/516611-DDO-Server-Issues-Thursday-July-16th

Yes Lucky, we use TS to communicate and we run most of the DDO content which has expanded greatly in the last few years during our Friday night Guild runs. Many play throughout the week as well on an ad hoc basis. Anyone from here is welcome to join in at any time; just let us know your in game name(s) on the Khyber server and you'll be sent an invite!!

That sucks rocks. Sleep well. :)

strange times

Attachments

• ScreenShot_2020-07-17_201602_0.jpg
    ScreenShot_2020-07-17_201602_0.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 38
Stepped thru gate to Harbor, dot showed in Harbor, but my toon was in a completely empty Marketplace (and not even shown as a special instance). All portals were dead, had to log out and back in which then put me in the harbor. Running around an empty Marketplace was a little freaky.

Attachments

• ScreenShot_2020-07-17_201325_0.jpg
    ScreenShot_2020-07-17_201325_0.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 36
  • ScreenShot_2020-07-17_201506_0.jpg
    ScreenShot_2020-07-17_201506_0.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 39
Anyway, we ran the alts thru Sharn Syndicate, Irestone, the Depths chain, and the lvl5 House K quests. That got everyone including Corwin to level 7, which everyone either took or will take in the near future. JM even ran everything after Irestone on reaper and didn't die!

Thank you for the screenshhots. I suspect that this has something to do with the occational network hiccups SSG encountered since Thursday. I had "connection to chat server lost" 2 or 3 times before running with you all.

I enjoyed the run very, very much. This is what I like most . Running short quests which I already know with you. I had lots of fun, even although I was slow again sometimes. ;)

Plus, this was my very first group run with my Swashbuckling Bard. More meant to be a fighter than a buffer, but then, it was lots of fun with both roles ! :)
Sound-based spells were a lot of fun as well, as Soundburst often dazed enemies (which meant they were better to defeat, then).
I just need to look at the health bars more often … mine and yours …

One great problem I've noticed with me that I very often just can't play and listen at the same time. I just can't do multitasking that much.

My guess is that listening consumed too much computing power in my brain. Seriously, a few years I read a break-up into what a person with a hearing handicap has actually to do :

- This is a sound.
- Decoding :
- Is it a word ?
- Is it a word known from my language ?
- Is it a word from another language (English here) ?
- Is it a word fitting into a sentence ?
- Is it a word fitting into the context ?
- Is it a word that makes sense in the context of a spoken sentence fitting into the current situation ?

For people without hearing handicaps, everything goes so faster, within fragments of seconds. Because your brain is adapted to good listening and to decoding what is spoken. It's your own language - English - even if it has an accent or is distorted by input/output devices.

I noticed that when someone said "stay away from that mushroom !" I went towards it - but a second or two I realized what was spoken. It appeared in my consciousness seconds after it was spoken - probably because of the long decoding task line - and after I had decided to take a look at that mushroom - and I just stopped before the trap could hit me.

Then I realized it, and waited until the trap was disarmed.

So, if I don't react immediately to your words, please keep in mind that I sometimes can't do multitasking, and am "immersed" in doing another task already.

No worries, Alrik. I get similar "lag" if I listen to music with German lyrics. I know enough bits and pieces of German that my mind spends all its time trying (and usually failing) to fill in the gaps rather than paying attention to the music.

Keep in mind that we've been playing the game for 10 years now. For some of that older content, we know exactly where every trap, trap box, and monster spawn is located because we've run the quests dozens and dozens of times. For some of us, many quests will have been run over two hundred times. It makes it easy for us to forget that everyone doesn't have that same level of experience. Even with 10 years under my belt, when I run with certain people, it's all I can do to not get lost if I don't completely focus on just keeping up with the rest of the party. At the end of those sessions, I'm exhausted. :)

Keep in mind that we've been playing the game for 10 years now.

Yeah, I often forget that.
Compared to you, I'm still a "youngling". ;)

I am back. So who am I taking a level on? lol No seriously who is my Alt? :)

Yes Lucky, we use TS to communicate and we run most of the DDO content which has expanded greatly in the last few years during our Friday night Guild runs. Many play throughout the week as well on an ad hoc basis. Anyone from here is welcome to join in at any time; just let us know your in game name(s) on the Khyber server and you'll be sent an invite!!

I was looking for a Teamspeak plugin for Discord but alas...

I am back. So who am I taking a level on? lol No seriously who is my Alt? :)
Paecus, and you've already taken the level. Other than missing the coin lords favor, you be good.

I was looking for a Teamspeak plugin for Discord but alas…

We actually tried Discord once (I like it), but everyone else preferred to stick with TS which is still free. If you want to join in, we can PM you the details and TS PW>

In my SWTOR guild we have fully switched over to Discord ... Someone seriously told me that he wasn't going to use TS anymore because it would collect data ...

Any plans ? Which levels ?

Should be on the mains. Level 12. If we can cover all the requirements, we'll start with the VON raid. If we cannot, we'll start with a Tempest Spine raid. That allows us to all run in a single party for a bit. Beyond those, we have Restless Isles, the Dragonborne pair, and Borovia1.

Thanks. Now I know which inventories to clean up ;)

I like Discord too. It has more options if we learn how to setup chat rooms etc. An easy way to post questions and get answers. We can have different game groups like in Teamspeak too.

I think the owner of the Teamspeak DDO account has to pay for the account. I guess we moved to Discord for awhile because the Teamspeak DDO account owner hadn't renewed the subscription.

The main reason we're still on Teamspeak is probably because quite a few guild friends are logging into the TS DDO account almost every day.

The best for me with Discord is that the sound quality is better than Teamspeak. It's in a way good that TS is last on the list for PC resource use, but it is at the expense of sound quality. Skype used to grab resources first at the expense of DDO. Discord seems to be somewhere in the middle. I have never had any problems with it interfering any games.

Back
Top Bottom