S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Official In-Engine Teaser - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Official In-Engine Teaser

Default S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Official In-Engine Teaser

January 1st, 2021, 00:03
A brief teaser video for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2.

loading…

Get your first in-engine look at the first-person sequel S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 and its Zone through the eyes of its main protagonist, Skif. As developer GSC Game World puts it, this teaser represents "how the game actually feels: fast-paced change of scenery, ominous landscapes and the ever-present feeling of an inevitable danger accompanied by a barely-distinguishable guitar soundtrack." S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is due for release at some point in 2021 on Xbox Series X|S (day one on Xbox Game Pass) and PC.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

January 1st, 2021, 00:04
Considering the brevity of this video and the time in development, I remain supremely sceptical.

DArtReturns

Mentioned: Post(s)

January 1st, 2021, 03:31
The stalker games are just like the metro games to me. Both developed in Ukraine and many on this site praise them, but in the end I just don't enjoy playing them.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)

January 1st, 2021, 05:37
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The stalker games are just like the metro games to me. Both developed in Ukraine and many on this site praise them, but in the end I just don't enjoy playing them.
I tried one of each game and didn't enjoy either of them enough to play after the first hour or two, which is very rare for me for a game I purchased.

I only somewhat enjoyed Witcher 1 and only enjoyed Witcher 2 for the first several hours then gave up on it. So I pretty much resolved to not buy Witcher 3 … until the reviews were so glowing that I broke down and purchased it. Witcher 3 was great, of course, so I'm hopeful when some other game franchise which didn't quite do it for me comes out with a new game many years later (hopeful but not enthusiastic).

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 1st, 2021, 06:18
The games really creeped me out and I found them quite depressing to play, to be honest.

Zephyr

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

January 1st, 2021, 10:40
For me the third one, Call of Pripyat, was the best one. Truly atmospheric and horrifying and felt like a true RPG. I hope this turns out well.

There was a mod out there called Misery that overhauled the whole game. I played with it and it was very good

Giovanni1983

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 1st, 2021, 11:43
I played the first one and really like it, the AI was quite interesting. Skipped Clear Sky, and when I saw the early critics of Call of Pripyat I skipped it too but I don't remember why, I think the stealth and AI didn't go well with each other and it ended up more a shoot-em-up game, which is not my cup of tea anymore. Perhaps it did well after all?

The atmosphere was indeed a bit dark and oppressing, but it was well rendered through graphics and dialogs. And then you got to see Pripyat and what was left of Chernobyl, which left a special mark in the memory of Eurasian people who went through the '86 events, they exploited that connection pretty well.

Curious to see what a new game from them would be like after all this time.

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

January 1st, 2021, 12:09
stalker series is my favorite shooters but i dont have many hopes for this, almost none of the old team is working there anymore, plus it will be on derpsoles as well.
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Official In-Engine Teaser