Baldur's Gate 3 Random News - Page 8 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Larian Studios » Baldur's Gate III » Baldur's Gate 3 Random News

Default Baldur's Gate 3 Random News

November 21st, 2020, 18:53
Baldur's Gate 3 Developers React to Under 6 Minute Speedrun

loading…
Even in Early Access, Baldur's Gate 3 is an incredibly long game. So, of course, we were surprised to see that speedrunner Professor Palmer can finish the game in under six minutes. With a playthrough this quick, we knew we had to show Larian Studios what was possible in their game. So ride along with Alexandre Barrette (QA Lead), Farhang Namdar (World Building Director), and Nick Pechenin (Lead Systems Designer) as they watch and react to years of their hard work getting crushed in a matter of minutes.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)

November 27th, 2020, 23:48
Baldur's Gate 3 News (Important Patch Announcement, Save Files, Story)

loading…
This video will be about a recent patch announcement for Baldur's Gate 3 early access. It will talk about the upcoming patch and how you can go about continuing to play your current save files. More BG3 videos on the way, subscribe.
Baldur's Gate 3 Factions - The Emerald Enclave

loading…
In this Baldur's Gate 3 Lore video I will go over the Emerald Enclave faction that we come across in early access. I will talk about the factions goals, inner workings, and more, which should help you understand things better in BG3! There will be no spoilers in this video however there is some gameplay footage. More BG3 videos on the way, subscribe.
Baldur's Gate 3 Factions - The Zhentarim

loading…
In this Baldur's Gate 3 lore video I will go over the Zhentarim faction that we come across in early access. I will talk about the factions goals, inner workings, and more, which should help you understand things better in BG3! There will be no spoilers in this video however there is some gameplay footage. More BG3 videos on the way, subscribe.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

December 2nd, 2020, 21:51
Baldur's Gate 3 Community Update #11 - Inspiration, Freedom & Pacifism

loading…
How are you? It's been a little while. We've been very busy both reading feedback since launch, and implementing some pretty major tweaks & changes that represent your ideas. Today's patch, which we're calling ‘Inspiration, Freedom & Pacifism for reasons you'll soon find out, is perhaps the first time you'll see a lot of major changes to design and gameplay, inspired by your feedback and discussion.

Last week, we announced the fact that this patch would render prior save games incompatible once the update is applied, and you can read more on that here. There's time both before and after the patch rolls out to set yourself up to continue your adventures on Patch 2, rather than today's Patch 3.

For why all the hullabaloo you ask? Eagle-eyed readers may have spotted Swenâ's chat with IGN where he openly reflected on a lot of the feedback from players since the release, October 6th. (Doesn't it feel like such a long time ago?). That interview was conducted very much in the midst of the aforementioned design changes we're going to talk about today. Fresh on the mind then, and fresh into the game today. Delicious!
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

January 13th, 2021, 00:32
Why Larian can justify calling Baldur's Gate 3…Baldur's Gate 3

loading…
I've played Baldur's Gate since the vanilla versions and the original games are immersive, absorbing and have fantastic story lines… but they are over 20 years old. Baldur's Gate 3 is different, but from what I've seen so far, it deserves to be called Baldur's Gate 3.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

January 13th, 2021, 01:43
The Most Interesting NPC in Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access

loading…
In this video I talk about one of the most interesting NPC character's that we meet in Baldur's Gate 3's early access… the hooded skeleton. There's a good theory behind who he might be, which brings some good lore to the video as well.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

January 13th, 2021, 10:52
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Why Larian can justify calling Baldur's Gate 3…Baldur's Gate 3
Are people still debating about this? It's time they stopped, this is so ridiculous. Especially the "style is different" argument or even better, the "it's not RTwP" argument (I don't think the fact it's a different company was really put forward by many people). As for the plot, who cares, it's the name of the city they're ending up at, and it should play an important role, it's fine.

I personally don't care that it's named BG3. When I first saw someone would make a BG3, I was excited, then I realized it would be Larian and was a bit "meh", and finally I settled with the idea they make good games and that it would be fine, nevermind the name association with BG 1 & 2.

But the marketing argument from Larian (allegedly) that it would increase its success and renown seems to be a big miscalculation if it's true, since this choice is more a source of discontent than success, and it was so predictable. This also made them adopt (or adapt?) the D&D ruleset, which really doesn't suit their style.

Being Larian's ultimate RPG, it would have been a success whatever the name anyway, but they wanted more. The question is, what other setting / name could they have chosen for their glory quest? In order to enter the hall of fame, does one have to imitate someone famous, or make one's own fame?

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

January 13th, 2021, 11:14
They should have named it…Drum roll…are you ready?

"How I Stopped Worrying And Learned To Love The Tadpole".
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

January 22nd, 2021, 11:54
Two videos on races that we may see later in Baldur's Gate 3.

Exotic Races Coming to Baldur's Gate 3?

loading…
WolfheartFPS found a book in the game, that suggests possible exotic races in the final version.

The Missing Races in Baldur's Gate 3

loading…
WolfheartFPS presents the missing races of the Player's Handbook that are very likely to be added in the final release.

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

January 22nd, 2021, 15:56
Thanks for the videos Redglyph as official updates have slowed down.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

January 22nd, 2021, 16:14
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Thanks for the videos Redglyph as official updates have slowed down.
Yeah, it's quiet at the moment, which means it's speculation time!
I'm a bit skeptical about the tortoise race though, it's looking so awkward And I really doubt they'd introduce a flyable race, that would completely break the game by making every place too easily accessible.

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

February 22nd, 2021, 05:12
Baldur's Gate 3 - Panel From Hell 2

loading…
In the chaotic return of The Panel From Hell, Jeremy Crawford, Swen Vincke and guests Nick Pechenin and David Walgrave were joined by Stephanie the cow to unveil the contents of Larian's heftiest patch yet. We also announced that you will be able to harness the power of nature and unleash your wild side, with Druids coming as a playable class in Patch 4.
Baldur's Gate 3: Nature's Power - The Druids

loading…
Druids are coming to Baldur's Gate 3! Harness the power of nature with over 30 new spells and abilities, and unleash your wild side by transforming into strategically unique and powerful beasts - from dire wolves and polar bears through to stealthy cats and giant badgers. Check out this versatile new class when Patch #4: Nature's Power goes live.
Baldur's Gate 3 DRUID GAMEPLAY

loading…
Baldur's Gate 3 Update 4: DRUID CLASS and New Changes for BG3 Early Access Gameplay from their Panel From Hell 2 Twitch Stream and Patch 4. We talk about the new Druid Class and its transformation capabilities and impact on the game, the changes to the game's UI, and improvements promised by larian during the Panel from Hell. Patch Notes video and Druid Class video will be up next!
Larian opens UK studio to work on Baldur's Gate 3 - Gamasutra
Baldur's Gate 3 developer Larian Studios has opened a new studio in Guildford, UK, to assist with production on the long-awaited sequel.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

February 23rd, 2021, 06:32
Baldur's Gate 3 Druid Class (Character Creation, Class Features)

loading…
In this video I am going to go over the druid class which is coming to Baldur's Gate 3 Early access with the upcoming Patch 4. This video will help you prepare for the druid and go over character creation, class features, wildshape & more.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

February 23rd, 2021, 06:33
At this pace, we'll only need (checks math) 78 more patches to reach 1.0

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

February 25th, 2021, 20:18
Baldur's Gate 3 - Community Update #12 - Nature's Power
It’s been a busy few weeks here at Larian HQ. In between finalizing our transmogrification spells, sourcing cows for experimentation, and training them to sign extensive liability waivers with their hooves, we’ve been hard at work putting the finishing touches on Patch 4.

After much anticipation, today we awoke to the holy noise of bells chiming. It was our QA team in the hallowed Larian belfry, each of them clutching a bell rope in their face-tentacles to ring in the good news: Patch 4 ready to go live!

Before we get into it, a quick shoutout to everyone who helped Divinity: Original Sin 2 reach 100,000 reviews on Steam, where it sits with a 95% positive rating. What better way to celebrate that, than with a hefty patch for Baldur’s Gate 3!
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

February 25th, 2021, 20:20
They published that update 8 minutes ago on Twitter and you already found it! Impressive

largh

Sentinel

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:

February 25th, 2021, 20:53
A 55 GB update

That's a long list of changes, there's probably enough time to read it while it downloads the update

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

February 25th, 2021, 23:02
Had a look at the patch list - I must admit that I didn't notice (or barely noticed) most of the issues they fixed. The druid is the big star of course, they seem to be the only class with new spells in the game? I was mostly interested in balancing issues, some mentioned:

* Allowed Dash to double stack. (Huh? Dash dash? As far as I know dash is an action and you only have an action and a bonus action - rogues can dash dash with cunning action
* Removed cooldown from Dash and Disengage. (not sure what this means?)
* Witch Bolt now electrifies any surfaces the target is standing in. (sigh. I hope it doesn't leave the surface electrified … I have flashbacks to DOS and your characters jiggling about because they stepped on an electrified pixel)

Anyway, maybe the next patch will have some more goodies for existing classes - I hope that they will up the level to 5, but that seems like it's not going to happen in EA :/

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

February 26th, 2021, 19:56
And the Fextralife's class video to complement WolfheartFPS' - now druids should be pretty much covered

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

February 27th, 2021, 01:57
I played a bit with the new patch. Is it my imagination or does it look better? The lighting seems better. Things looks more crisp (and I had textures and models set to medium b/c when last I played, my performance wasn't very good)

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

February 27th, 2021, 02:59
I am sooooo excited! I love this game so far, played it 3 times already, and the patch is huge. Besides the druid class there are a lot of visual improvements to lighting which I always like. More speak with dead stuff.

This is shaping up to be one freaking amazing game! Can hardly wait till its finished and published.

Here is a list I copied from Steam:

Spoiler
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Larian Studios » Baldur's Gate III » Baldur's Gate 3 Random News