Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Blazing Deserts Devopler Preview #2

Welcome to the second part of our preview video series on the upcoming ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC. We continue with a look at the new retinue feature and the ‘Manhunters’ origin, and fight a few nomads at one of their desert camps.

Bethesda: They Are Coming For You!

Avowed's first trailer, in first-person, a sword in one hand and magic in the other, can't be a coincidence. Obsidian are taking on an absolute behemoth… or will they peacefully co-exist?
Fallout Miami Is Changing Fallout And It's Awesome

Fallout Miami is a new piece of the franchise that is unofficially moving in the opposite direction of Bethesdas fallout 76. It's doing this in more ways than just gameplay and story, and doing it with a team of just over a dozen people. Fallout Miami is a new mod looking to place the series in a new context. While all the hype may be on fallout 76 right now, its not the only game worthy of attention.
Ubi NEEDLESSLY Cancelled Dragon Age Creator’s Game!

A great sounding game, among others, ended by one guy who just didn't like it. Respawn's working conditions are a complex discussion, EA might have ruined a game by pushing the price too high and Gaben takes a side in the console market!
Grounded - The Spiders From Arse (Jimpressions)

Grounded is yet another survival game, but the shrunken conceit it hangs itself on carries the otherwise generic formula surprisingly well. At least when there aren't any spiders around. Seriously, forget about arachnophobia. Scary or not, these spiders might be some of the worst things to be found in a videogame. In fact, every creature this game boasts is a complete jerk. Don't get me started on the ants!
Anthem Development Update - Loot & Equipment Goals
I hope this finds you well and I appreciate everyone’s patience as we work through the right timing for new information. We’re excited to share with you our next blog, but we also want to be respectful of the larger conversations happening in the world.

Recently I started answering questions on Twitter and asked all of you to name some of the changes you would be most interested in hearing about – the response was pretty awesome. Lots of good topics and themes and an excitement to know more about where we are going. So, to kick this off we thought a good starting place would be to go over our high level goals and changes we are exploring with loot and equipment.
Torchlight III State of the Game - Relic Subclass Update Preview
We initially launched Early Access on June 13th; it’s now July 30th. Just 47 days into this process and we have already launched the third act (Echonok Mountains,) Fazeer’s Dun’djinn, an awesome new end game experience, and are already preparing for our next big update - Relic Subclasses. Our next big patch, which is previewed below, will be our final large update prior to launch. While initially scheduled for August 4th, the Relic Subclass update and account wipe has now been delayed a week to August 11th. The decision to delay is partly due to early player feedback and we agree that it will be a better update with another week of bug fixing and refinement. After this update is released, the remaining time in Early Access will be used to polish our current features and resolve outstanding issues and bugs.
Starpoint Gemini 3 - Summer News and Price Change
Hello everyone!

Amidst the summer heat and all of the grim news on pandemic, we wanted to quickly update you on progress we're making. July temperatures still didn't kill us, and evasive maneuvers against outbreak of COVID-19 are still working well. That only means development process on Starpoint Gemini 3 continues pretty much as planned.

We're currently working on several fronts - improving all possible issues and gameplay experience based on everyday testing as well as your feedback. Second major „area of operation“ is completing all remaining story missions and we really can't wait to reveal this to all of you. Lastly, we're preparing player owned capital ships update along with all the changes this requires. These incoming „Big guns“ are coming to life nicely and we're quite anxious to unlock them to public.

Dragon Age 4 won't be coming until April 2022 - GamesRadar
In a fiscal yearly earnings call for EA's Q2 2020 report, chief operating and financial officer Blake Jorgensen said Dragon Age 4 will "probably" release after the studio's fiscal year of 2022. What this means is the most likely release date window won't be until April 2022 at the earliest. Yes, we're still in for quite a wait for our return to Thedas, but hey, at least it's coming.
Dragon Age 4 release date & all the latest details - PCGamesN
Dragon Age 4 is real and in production at BioWare, we know that much. But what when is the Dragon Age 4 release date? Where will the story go next? And which of our favourite characters will return? While BioWare may be tight-lipped about the sequel to Inquisition, a few pieces of the jigsaw puzzle that is their next fantasy RPG are already floating around the internet.
Dragon Age 4 news, rumors and trailers - Techradar
What we do know, though, is that Dragon Age is definitely coming so we think it’s only appropriate to keep an eye on the latest news and begin piecing together a picture of what the game might look like when it finally takes flight. As such, we’ve put together this this hub of news and rumors to keep you on top of the latest happenings from the land of Thedas.

Major Details Around Obsidian's Massive RPG Avowed May Have Just LEAKED

Today we take a look at some new leaked information around Obsidian's major upcoming AAA RPG, Avowed. This new leak reveals major new details around avowed such as: mod support, setting, release date, and even features.
The First 14 Minutes of Remnant: From the Ashes – Subject 2923 DLC

Take a look at the opening minutes from the upcoming Subject 2923 expansion for the hit co-op action-RPG, Remnant: From the Ashes. Subject 2923 will be released on August 20 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Gamedec Update #39 Backer Build and Special Deal - Kickstarter
Hello There!

Less than a week to the release of the Backer's Build! Are you excited? Here's some info on how we will distribute access and what you need to do to play on day one.

Prepare yourselves! Backer's Build is just around the corner!

As we've mentioned in the update about the Backer's Build status (you can read about it here!) you will be able to play it on 3rd of August.
Path of Exile Developer Interview - Website Interview
This week we took a moment to chat with Jeff, our Console Producer, to discuss his work with us. If you're playing on Xbox One or PS4, you may already know him as he's the person behind all the patches and communication on consoles. Check out his interview in this news post!

I'd love to but all quiet on the news front. Just opinion videos.:(
That's pretty much newsworthy right there. Elex is a couple of months shy of its 3rd birthday. Looking down through history, they seem to be releasing every 2 or 3 years but there's no hype for anything new showing up at all. Could they be hiding from Cyberpunk??

That's pretty much newsworthy right there. Elex is a couple of months shy of its 3rd birthday. Looking down through history, they seem to be releasing every 2 or 3 years but there's no hype for anything new showing up at all. Could they be hiding from Cyberpunk??

It would be funny if they were about to announce a September release, then a November release, and now they're just like fuck it, we'll wait until you put the damn thing out.

@JFarrell71; - it would be awesome if they set the release day to "100 days after Cyberpunk comes out!"

First Look: GameDec (Backer Build)

I play the newly released backer build of one of my most anticipated games.
Grim Dawn Grim Misadventure #172 - Celestial Portents
Hello again with a Grim Misadventure! Last time, we gave you a preview of some of the new areas you’ll be exploring when V1.1.8.0 is released later this year. You may also recall a certain new form of Monster Totem for you to contend with.
World of Darkness and the Digital Future of Tabletop RPGs - VentureBeat
“World of Darkness has rapidly evolved and adopted new ways to engage with our fans. Our live-play shows like ‘L.A. By Night’ and games like Bloodlines 2 are just some examples of how we are embracing the future and welcoming new players to our world. We have big plans to continue this expansion and drive discovery that we can’t wait to share with you when the time is right.”

World of Darkness’ approach to being “media-agnostic” is laudable, especially given White Wolf’s roots in print media and old school tabletop RPG culture. Paradox’s levelled leadership, both from CEO Ebba Ljungerud and from the team at World of Darkness, has rebirthed a World of Darkness that exists in all realities at once. We often talk about companies needing to “evolve or die” in the chaos of the game industry, but to find that evolution in death is the sweetest victory of all.

Bloodlines 2 Reveals Why Romance Isn’t a Top Priority - JstationX
On Twitter, a fan asked the Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 team what players can expect from the game’s romance gameplay. The fan wanted to know if the romance would be “wholesome” like in BioWare games, more casual hookups like in the first Bloodlines, or if only flirt and seduction options would be available.

The response played it coy, saying that Kindred (a term used to describe vampires in the series) are “more aware that all their actions are in order to keep ‘The Beast’ at bay,” with “The Beast” being their unbridled bloodlust. The Beast means that romance isn’t a vampire’s “top priority” but they can be found “using flirts and seduction to get their way and further their own agenda”.
Bloodlines 2 everything you need to know -FinanceRewind
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2: This returned very nearly 14 years. It was extraordinary compared to other RPG games around then. Despite the fact that it had a few bugs, yet at the same time, individuals wanted to play it. Since 14 years has gone from its release, nobody expected that they will make its continuation again in the market. Be that as it may, later in 2019, the organization declared about the game Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodline 2. In the long run, after it’s the open presentation in the market, fand are amped up for it. In this way, we are likewise here with all the essential subtleties that we know in regards to this game.
How Vampire Swansong Is Different From Bloodlines 2 - ScreenaRant
Both are games about vampires, set in the same gothic-punk "World of Darkness" setting, but Vampire the Masquerade: Swansong and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 are shaping up to be different "beasts" entirely. While Bloodlines 2 will be an open-world RPG revolving around a single vampire protagonist exploring the supernatural underbelly of Seattle, Swansong will be a smaller and more intimate RPG set in Boston, with social/mystery-solving RPG mechanics similar in shape to The Council, the previous game from French developer Big Bad Wolf.

Thanks for all the work Couch! We appreciate you :)

P.S. You should add me as a friend on Steam. I buy the occasional wish-listed game for my fellow cronies.

Thanks for all the work Couch! We appreciate you :)
Your welcome as others don't.:bow:

Some more late news for today.

Pixel Art Timelapse: Medieval Knight (The Iron Oath)
Gamedec: First Hands-On Impressions - IGN
It felt like Gamedec was trying really hard to prove itself as “a mature game with mature themes”, but much of that felt imprudent and - for the most part - like it was included more for titillation or spectacle than anything else. I realize that darker, morally grey subject matter is pretty much inherent to the cyberpunk genre, and can definitely provide a window for a thoughtful exploration of societal issues when done right, but this demo felt decidedly lacking on that end; at least for me.

Perhaps there’s more context in the larger story to assuage those concerns, though, or maybe there’ll be another pass on the English translation that refines some of its language to be less problematic. I certainly hope so, because I’m definitely curious to see more of Gamedec’s world, and how it ends up using its unique premise – hopefully to great effect, but only time will tell.
Josh Sawyer Q&A on his website
Do you have any involvement on Avowed? I was already interested in Obsidian making a first person fantasy game, but hearing it was set in the PoE universe made me immediately :allears:

No, sorry. I just give feedback as the studio design director.

Hello, I don't play many games. I never played Baldur's Gate or any of those kinds of RPGs. I played PoE while on quarantine and am immediately hooked. The story and world building is so fantastic. I bought all the DLCs and, much to my wife's chagrin, spent the whole quarantine lost in that world. I immediately jumped into PoE 2 and am loving it. I've read there may not be a 3rd- any chance of a kickstarter or something to prove that us PoE fans are legion? Thanks!

Thanks. I don’t think the fans need to convince me/Obsidian/MS of anything. Your support is always heard and appreciated. I think that we need to believe that if we try to make a game in this style again, the existing fans will enjoy it, new players will enjoy it, and ex-fans who were disappointed by Pillars 1 and/or 2 will come back to it. On top of all that, we need to be excited about making it.

Even devs who really enjoy working in the Pillars universe were burned out after the end of Deadfire, especially if they went on to work on the DLCs. To put in all of that work and have the game limp over the finish line, sales-wise, doesn’t get people jazzed up about rolling on to a sequel.

Ultimately I think this is a matter if internal will and belief rather than something that requires external validation.

Last edited:
Path of Exile on PS4 Pro is basically unplayable. Yes, I game on a console because of wrist/M&K tendonitis problems. But the game is so poorly optimized with screen tearing and frame rate drops that I'm surprised so many people play it. I've tried it three times (free to play) and I just can't do it past a couple hours. I guess the game is really about character builds so people give the performance a pass. I've even heard it's pretty unoptimized on PC.

Looks like such a great game though.

Fallout Games and the Trouble with Speech Skills

Fallout has had a complicated relationship with the speech skill for over two decades at this point, but how did this come to be? Let's dive into the history of the franchise, and try to figure out whether this problem can ever be solved…
Horizon Zero Dawn: 21 Minutes of PC Gameplay at Max settings

Check out 21 gorgeous minutes of Horizon Zero Dawn running on a high-end PC with max graphics settings enabled.
Mortal Shell: Release Date Trailer

Seek and possess. Mortal Shell coming August 18 to PC / PS4 / Xbox One.

Last edited:
Necromunda: Underhive Wars - Release Date Announcement Trailer

Deep below the nightmarish, polluted hive cities of Necromunda, in the twisted, vertiginous, dark tunnels of the Underhive, rival gangs fight to the bitter end for personal power, wealth, survival and the honour of their House. Get a first look at Necromunda: Underhive Wars' gameplay in today's trailer, coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on September 8, 2020.
GWENT: The Witcher Card Game | Journey #2 Launch Trailer

Every victory matters. Each round you play and win across GWENT’s standard, seasonal and Arena game modes will earn you Journey progress.

Receive a boost every day. Come back every day to receive a “Well Rested” bonus that will speed up your progression.

No boundaries. Continue your Journey progression beyond level 100 and receive extra rewards along the way!
Diablo: Immortal 2020 Mid-year Update - Blizzard
It’s been a little while since you’ve heard from us, so we wanted check in and share an update on how development has been progressing for Diablo Immortal. We have seen many burning questions about the status of development on Diablo Immortal and rest assured, the team has been hard at work.

We have transitioned to working from home, the team is still making good progress, and we are delighted to be marching toward key development milestones. One of the most important milestones for every new game at Blizzard is the internal company playtest. Blizzard is full of passionate gamers with a diverse range of playstyles and gaming tastes—the internal company playtest allows the development team to access that deep well of feedback.
The Iron Oath Update #54 Company Renown and Upgrades - Kickstarter
Hey everyone, we hope you're all doing well! In today's update we're going to be talking about the specifics of how you go about upgrading your company, and what type of options are available.
Gamedec Backer Build Impression - RPG Site
Gamedec is an interesting mix of highly interactive dialogue trees and ridiculously dated writing. Taking on a TTRPG style of character origin and offering direct consequences to the type of character you play is a good move. With those two features, I can only imagine the finished product being a robust game with high replay value. I’m simply on the fence about how the story evolves, or devolves. The lack of interesting characters and the insistence that sex dominates each conversation is concerning. The surface-level aesthetic or design of the world was a bit disappointing. While I spent most of my time in one world, I am curious as to how the rest of the game will play out, and if the narrative grows and matures throughout. There’s space for this game to become something big, but major changes need to happen.
Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition PC Reviews

Back
Top Bottom