Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Spoke to soon more was released later at night.

Medieval Dynasty Release Date Trailer - Future Games Show Gamescom

An open-world survival game, like a first-person GTA set in medieval times, but with crops and lute, not cops and loot. Till your way to sustainable soil rotation when it launches on Sep 17.
Basically another Kingdom Come Deliverance but you make your own story.

RUNE II Gameplay Presentation – Future Games show

Viking action RPG Rune 2 has a dramatic history, with the whole development teaving shortly after launch. The game is now back on track with a host of new updates, and here's Studio 369 with an exclusive teaser of what's to come.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Mythical Beasts Gameplay - Future Games Show

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is steeped in real-world English myths and fables.Here's just a few, including the black shuck (a giant wolf) and a cute reference to Shakespeare, in this new developer walkthrough.
Lord of the Rings: Gollum Developer Presentation - Future Games Show

Lord of the Rings: Gollum by Daedelic is due in 2021, where you play as the conflicted former-hobbit wrestling with his past identity as Smeagol. Stealth, charm and parkour are your allies, not brute strength or combat.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'd forgotten about Lord of the Rings: Gollum. Strange concept, but I'm curious about how it will turn out - might be interesting.

Not to many RPG's today at Gamescom it seems.:(

Though I did find this you guys might be interested in.

Bethesda Provides Disappointing Update on The Elder Scrolls 6 - ComicBook
Over on Twitter, Bethesda's Pete Hines confirmed that, more than two years later, the game is still very far away. When asked by a fan about release information for the upcoming Elder Scrolls game, Hines not only confirmed Bethesda has nothing to share, but that it won't have anything to share for a "long time." In other words, two years after its reveal, it doesn't seem like we are all that much closer to seeing more of the next mainline installment in the series.

It gets worse for Bethesda fans though. In addition to The Elder Scrolls 6, Bethesda Game Studios is also working on Starfield, which is expected to arrive before TES6. In fact, there's been some rumors and speculation suggesting the space-faring RPG will be revealed this year. All of this has apparently been nonsense though.

Also on Twitter, Hines confirmed we won't be seeing anything about Starfield this year, however, he did seemingly confirm we will see the game next year, 2021.

The Riftbreaker Gamescom 2020 Gameplay Trailer

Riftbreaker is a base-building survival game with action RPG elements. Play as an elite scientist inside a Mecha-Suit capable of dimensional rift travel, tasked with surviving.
The Riftbreaker Gamescom 2020 Dev Gameplay Walkthrough

Riftbreaker developer goes in-depth on the moment-to-moment gameplay of this base building survival game with action RPG elements.

ATOM RPG: Trudograd New Content Update Available - Early Access

Trudograd new battle improvements

Trudograd Content Update

Greetings, friends!

It’s time to publish ATOM RPG: Trudograd’s newest content update!

This version of Early Access features a lot of additions inspired by your amazing feedback. We added new characters, new weapons, items, animations, locations, quests and random encounter maps.

The combat system was reworked thanks to your suggestions, though some changes are not final. We have reworked large parts of the skill system, too!

We also added effective finishing moves with brutal animations. The traders in the game now have their unique preferences. Two faction based weapon traders were also added.

A lot of work is still ahead of us, but as long as you continue helping us out with your ideas and critique, we’ll push through.

As always, a content patch is soon to follow, and the next big update will come out this Autumn. We will announce everything closer to the release date.

Thank you for your continued support, and let there be ATOM!
Sacred Fire: Psychological RPG - New Release, Trailer, Team and Steam Page

Dear backers, I hope this message finds you well. I'm very happy to share with you, that we secured the funding to finish the game we originally envisioned in the quality you've seen in the last couple of updates.

After talking to a dozen publishers, looking for someone who respects our creative vision, we partnered up with a privately owned small and indie-friendly label with 10 years of experience, Iceberg Interactive. We took our time and reached out to other developers who worked with them and they come highly recommended. They enable us to make the best possible game and leave us in full creative control.

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon Gamescom 2020 DLC Gameplay

Carrie Patel, Peril on Gorgon's game director, walks us through a side quest from The Outer World's first DLC expansion in this gameplay video.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Gamescom 2020 Fatalis Trailer

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne's final, free update will being back Fatalis, a fan-favorite dragon that will test even the mightiest hunters.
8-Bit Adventures 2 Gamescom 2020 Trailer

Return to a time of strategic turn-based battles, deep party customization, and a large fantastical world traversed by airship in the latest trailer for Critical Games' ode to NES, SNES, and PS1-era JRPGs.
6 Minutes of 8-Bit Adventures 2 Gamescom 2020 Gameplay

Check out fights against massive monsters in this new love letter to classic JRPGs from Critical Games.

Gamedec Gamescom 2020 Trailer

Gamedec puts you in the shoes of a 22nd century detective who solves crimes in the vast virtual worlds of the future. There's no combat, but every choice you make matters.
Ostranauts Gamescom 2020 Trailer

Earth is unlivable, so your only option is to take to outer space. Ostranauts is a sim that has you build and manage your very own space ship. You'll have to hire and manage a crew, while keeping an eye on the many interdependent systems, like supplies, finances, security, and your crew's mental well-being.

Matt Chat 456: Wasteland III Game-play Review

This episode features a look at the Collector's Edition of Wasteland 3, followed by a review/play-through of the first chunk of the game. Mini-review: Best CRPG since Fallout: New Vegas.

Gamedec Gamescom 2020 Developer Stream

Cyberpunk 2077 wins Most Wanted Game at Gamescom Awards 2020

Copying Couch's stuff from above:

Over on Twitter, Bethesda's Pete Hines confirmed that, more than two years later, the game is still very far away. When asked by a fan about release information for the upcoming Elder Scrolls game, Hines not only confirmed Bethesda has nothing to share, but that it won't have anything to share for a "long time." In other words, two years after its reveal, it doesn't seem like we are all that much closer to seeing more of the next mainline installment in the series.

It gets worse for Bethesda fans though. In addition to The Elder Scrolls 6, Bethesda Game Studios is also working on Starfield, which is expected to arrive before TES6. In fact, there's been some rumors and speculation suggesting the space-faring RPG will be revealed this year. All of this has apparently been nonsense though.

Also on Twitter, Hines confirmed we won't be seeing anything about Starfield this year, however, he did seemingly confirm we will see the game next year, 2021.

Is Bethesda even a game company at this point? I don't find them to be relevant at all anymore. When was the last time they made anything worth playing, 2015? That's like 50 years ago in computer age.

I'm personally hoping Starfield tanks super hard and that ESO and F76 die too :D Maybe then, we'll get TES a little quicker ;)

Ostranauts is the Neo Scavenger folks, I think.

Is Bethesda even a game company at this point? I don't find them to be relevant at all anymore. When was the last time they made anything worth playing, 2015? That's like 50 years ago in computer age.

I'm personally hoping Starfield tanks super hard and that ESO and F76 die too :D Maybe then, we'll get TES a little quicker.
While I'm not part of the lets hate Bethesda fan-club, I agree about them being similar to Bio-Ware nowadays. Basically plenty of other games to play from other developers.

Gone are the day those two were king of the genre. - My opinion not fact.
Ostranauts is the Neo Scavenger folks, I think.
Yep just with better graphics then Neo Scavenger.:nod:

Last edited:
I'm a part of let's hate bugs club, so in this case I have to actually defend Bethesda.
The last product they made has more bugs than everything they've done previously combined. Of course they can't share anything on new games when they're doing bugfixing 24/7 - this time tens of thousands of modders can't help them.

The Bioware point is valid, both RPG developers once, decided mmos are their thing, screw the fanbase.

Lastly, I'll continue to never hear about Ostranauts so I can act surprised when it becomes codex goty. :D

Riftbreaker, the game with promise... but ruined by its Windows 8/10 requirement :( At least for me. I just have no desire to upgrade from Windows 7.

I'm personally hoping Starfield tanks super hard and that ESO and F76 die too :D Maybe then, we'll get TES a little quicker ;)
I've no interest in FO76 or ESO, but I'm hoping Starfield is good. A big budget sci fi RPG(ish) with Bethesda style exploration sounds good to me in principle. Depends what it actually looks like if course.

Riftbreaker, the game with promise… but ruined by its Windows 8/10 requirement :( At least for me. I just have no desire to upgrade from Windows 7.
Yep and it's not going to go away with most newer releases especially for Game Pass games. Sometimes a hack or mod can bypass that requirement but not always.
I've no interest in FO76 or ESO, but I'm hoping Starfield is good. A big budget sci fi RPG(ish) with Bethesda style exploration would be great. Depends what it actually looks like if course.
New info should be released next year. So fingers crossed.:fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
New info and should be released next year. So fingers crossed.:fingerscrossed:

Yeah feels like we've been waiting a long time for it with very little information. Looking forward to the reveal.... hopefully it won't disappoint.

I'm hoping Starfield is good. A big budget sci fi RPG(ish) with Bethesda style exploration sounds good to me in principle.

Agreed. That's what I was hoping to get from The Outer Worlds, but the maps were much too small to provide the same kind of exploration you get from a Bethesda game.

Form Outer Worlds I was hoping to get humor, humor and tons of humor.
It delivered.
Everything else was a nice bonus and it got my goty vote.

Didn't know at that point my #1 should have been VC4.
Not only because it's a wits needed to find out what's overpowered, abuse it then the game shows you middlefinger and counters it crazyness. No.
That game announced DLC right away, and then basically gave all of it's DLC for free.

Outer Worlds decided to spam DLC long after it's release making me feel like shit. Betrayed.

Back
Top Bottom