The Witcher 2 - EE Interview @ 2nd Impact

Dhruin

SasqWatch
French site 2nd Impact has interviewed CDPR artist Lucjan Więcek about The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition. The conversation covers a little history on the studio and, of course, the console version coming soon. A bit on the PC stuff, as a reminder:
2i: What are the major new features compared to version Pc?
Lucjan: First of all PC users will receive the new content too – as a free update. So what is the most interesting for players is the new gameplay. We added 4 hours of gameplay, making the final act of the game longer. Players can now explore new locations, and face new characters.
We also added over 30 minutes of new cinematics and animations. These include the CG intro we presented earlier. It shows the main antagonist, so you know what Geralt is up against. Apart from that we added the final borads – you know, our game is about choice. Geralt’s decisions change the world state while you play. The final boards summarize what you did during the game and how it influenced the gameworld.
Console players will receive a new user interface and camera system, designed for the 360 gamepad. We think that this will allow the player to feel like a real sword master and make the great combat of The Witcher 2 even better.
More information.

Does the new interface apply to the PC version as well? Or just the 360 version? Because I played the PC version with a 360 controller, and would benefit from the controller-friendly interface. Sacrilege I know, but what can I say - I usually play any game I can with a controller. The interface was horrendous though.

So like Bioware the dlc will actually explain that Cliff hanger at the end. At least it's free. I sometimes wonder what happens to the development of the end game content and the endings we get.

So like Bioware the dlc will actually explain that Cliff hanger at the end. At least it's free. I sometimes wonder what happens to the development of the end game content and the endings we get.

There was not cliffhanger. There was a setup for events of Witcher 3 (invasion by Nilfgaard) but that is not cliffhanger. Cliffhanger would be if the game ended just as you were to meet Letho for the last time, for example.
No, everything that should have been resolved in RW2 WAS resolved. You get all the answers you could want and you can decide what to do about Letho. The fact that they are adding ending slides Fallout 1 style is just icing on the cake.

Argh, don't have to play TW2 anymore. I know the ending now :-(

Still waiting for the ps3 version (TW2 EEE: Extra Enhanced Edition ?)

Despite the interface (which I was kind of hoping would receive a bit of an upgrade) and the more pointless QTE's (I found the Kayran QTE sequence to be rather fun and found that it preserved the notion that this creature was simply too big/powerful to defeat by "conventional gameplay" quite well, but the QTEs where you were aiming an arbalest? Pointless), TW2 is simply one of the best story-driven RPGs I've had the opportunity to play in the last decade or two.

Playing it again to see what's been changed/added/tweaked won't be any sort of chore for me.

There was not cliffhanger. There was a setup for events of Witcher 3 (invasion by Nilfgaard) but that is not cliffhanger. Cliffhanger would be if the game ended just as you were to meet Letho for the last time, for example.
No, everything that should have been resolved in RW2 WAS resolved. You get all the answers you could want and you can decide what to do about Letho. The fact that they are adding ending slides Fallout 1 style is just icing on the cake.

I call that a cliffhanger its called stay tuned in for more. Ever watch a show or read a book. Not a good way to end a game as you have to wait 3-4 years for the next game.

Its not the worst way to end a game but its not the best way either. I can name worse endings. Whatever I still enjoyed the game and that's all that matters.

So for some cheap money when I preordered it at GOG, got the game, enjoyed it and replayed, and now I'm getting even more freebies?
Um, can I preorder The Witcher 3 already? Just name the price, I'm in!

Eat yourself EA.

Back
Top Bottom