Skyrim Elder dragons

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Yeah. They started to appear once I hit level 35 or so.

I can quite easily dispatch the ones with fire breath, because I play a dunmer (50% innate fire resistance) and have gear which can add another 50% on top of that so the breath is not an issue, but I need good terrain and a distraction (companion or other helpers) to manage the ones who breathe frost, otherwise I run away fast.
I´m pretty sure I killed one elder frost-y dragon in The Winterhold College´s courtyard (btw, dragons spawn there way to often, I think I killed at least 5 of them there already) - those pillars there are very helpful.

If you don´t use companions, I think having good resistances, terrain conditions and/or a really good ranged skill (archery, magic) may be a must.

Last edited:
Coincidentally enough, I just started a session and got into an elder dragon encounter almost immediatedly :).
Also, a blood dragon joined the fray:
35i7tjk.jpg

Even more coincidentally, they both…

…had fire breath.
4rp02a.jpg

Resistances do make a difference :).

Last edited:
Yeah. They started to appear once I hit level 35 or so.
...I´m pretty sure I killed one elder frost-y dragon in The Winterhold College´s courtyard (btw, dragons spawn there way to often, I think I killed at least 5 of them there already) - those pillars there are very helpful.
Luckily I'm not level 35 yet, hehe... And yes, I've posted in another thread that dragons for some reason attack mage's guild like there is no other place in the game they could spawn. After you kill a few there it really becomes annoying to meet yet another dragon there. That should get patched ASAP.

They're just beefed up versions of regular dragons with more hp and damage. Killed several so far. I used destruction spells that had a stagger effect (it's a perk).

Didn't meet one on my fighter, but I assume I'd pop orc rage or whatever it's called once the dragon landed. The rage ability is flat out overpowered, so it usually worked wonders no matter what I bumped into.

Back
Top Bottom