Skyrim What enchanted items have you created?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
D

Deleted User

I've created a bunch, but the ones I'm actually using are:

Walks-With-Fire's Orcish Armor (flawless Orcish armor with 20 points to health. This was the first named piece of gear I made, and I'm very proud of it :) )

The Burning Blade (exquisite Ebony blade with a base damage of 67, that adds 14 points of fire damage. I just made this and it's better than Dawnbreaker which I have been using for hours upon hours. I'm also proud of this one :) )

And I have a ring that fortifies my carrying weight by 15 points, just for those times where I'm barely over-encumbered and I'm in the middle of a dungeon or something.

So what have you created?

I've done a fair bit of enchanting (only to use, not to grind), but haven't really made anything very interesting. Mostly I just boost magicka regen or lower spellcasting costs. No Mystical Pants of Levitation. No Spoon of Fireballs. No Hammer of Strength Stealing.

Hopefully someone will mod in some more interesting spell effects. The restricted enchantment slots system's quite limiting, too, and what's up with only being able to wear one ring now?

I usually make items with two enchants: One that increases allowed weight, and one that enhances my primary skill. For example my mage had a lot of items with:
- Increase allowed weight
- Decrease Destruction mana cost

My archer used a series of items with:
- Increase allowed weight
- Increase bow damage

And so on and so forth. Basically, I don't like running around with anything less that 400 allowed weight. It fills up too fast, since I'm greedy whenever I'm dungeons.

Carry Weight potions are a mainstay for me. When I explore a dungeon, I'll generally store loot just outside the entrance. Once I'm done exploring, I'll grab all the loot use a strength potion and a carryweight potion (they stack) and fast travel back to Whiterun for storage/selling. Whiterun has gobs of merchants, so it's the best place I've found to sell, so far. My house is there too, for storing of ingredients and dis/enchantable items.

If I have too much for even that, then I throw the excess on the ground and have Lydia pick them up one at a time. Companions can carry unlimited weight, but you can't give them more than their stamina amount through conversation.

Carry Weight potions are a mainstay for me. When I explore a dungeon, I'll generally store loot just outside the entrance. Once I'm done exploring, I'll grab all the loot use a strength potion and a carryweight potion (they stack) and fast travel back to Whiterun for storage/selling. Whiterun has gobs of merchants, so it's the best place I've found to sell, so far. My house is there too, for storing of ingredients and dis/enchantable items.

If I have too much for even that, then I throw the excess on the ground and have Lydia pick them up one at a time. Companions can carry unlimited weight, but you can't give them more than their stamina amount through conversation.

The best place to sell is actually:
The thieves guild after you've fully upgraded it - five different merchants, one of which has 4000 gold and is willing to buy anything regardless of category, even stolen goods.

I aggroed a certain underground area near Riften and anyone that could be dead...is. I guess you're not to explore before meeting a certain person in an outdoor sales area, but oh well. They might respawn eventually.

With potions I enchanted some crafting gear that added 29% smithing and +29% alchemy on each piece. Together with +Two handed and +Block enchantments I ended up reaching the armor cap and over 500 damage on lv20 which made combat trivial so I reverted to an earlier save.

Decided not to use potions that enhance smithing and enchanting and not to enchant my gear with skill increasing effects, only attribute increases and other kinds of effects.

I aggroed a certain underground area near Riften and anyone that could be dead…is. I guess you're not to explore before meeting a certain person in an outdoor sales area, but oh well. They might respawn eventually.

You know, that area should be locked off until one get's a quest to clear it or talk with said certain person. Bad design Bethesda!

I'm not sure that I messed anything up though, Thrasher. I went in there and two folks started attacking me. I killed them and anyone else in the area who went hostile. I haven't tried to join the relevant group, because I've got enough on my plate, just wandering around. I probably won't join them, unless it's fairly easy to get the merchants. I haven't picked up any of the quest items that are of interest to them, items I learned about in earlier builds.
Pink gems, and the candle mold...

You killed off the quest givers and you don't think you messed anything up? Have you seen quest givers respawn anywhere else? If they are dead, they could be killed permanently and the quest line permanently closed off.

Someone should not be able to do that, or they should be given sufficient warning that they are about to close off a quest line.

Last edited:
The two people you meet in the underground prior to getting to the bar are not quest givers. They're always hostile. No, nothing was ruined, don't worry.

Well if you ONLY killed off the first 2 people that's one thing. But if you FULLY explored all (or just a couple) of the connected underground areas and killed everything, then I assume you killed off the quest givers.

But if you FULLY explored all (or just a couple) of the connected underground areas and killed everything, then I assume you killed off the quest givers.
I´m pretty sure these dudes are all essential, aka unkillable.

I always stick to a maximum of 1 +skill enchantment. Anything more than that I think is just being el cheapo. I crafted a full set of enchant daedric armour which is my pride and joy.

The system might be more balanced if multiple enchantments of the same type didn't stack(+188% damage anyone?).

Back
Top Bottom