Skyrim Enderal - The Shards of Order

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Caleb,

Does SureAI still maintain the Q1-2016 release date for Enderal ? Could you be more specific in terms of releasing date (day/month) ? :biggrin:

Thanks

Last edited:
Caleb,

Does SureAI still maintain the Q1-2016 release date for Enderal ? Could you be more specific in terms of releasing date (day/month) ? :biggrin:

Thanks

Well right now, yes they do. Problem is that this can change any minute while bugfixing - sometimes fixing a bug results in new bugs in other parts, hence it is impossible to give a specific ETA.

This also means that it is possible that SureAI announces a release date just 2 weeks (or shorter) before release.

I looked at Enderal a bit lately. I'm now quite interested in this I guess.

SureAI has awesome environment designers.

Any reasons to start installing Skyrim again yet?

Well 3 days ago SureAI announced that they currently have fixed more than 6500 bugs with around 700 bug reports remaining - though the 700 is also just a current number and can go up any day.

In the translation team there are currently more than 10 people helping and our progress is steady :)

My personal estimate puts the end of March as earliest and the end of Q2 of 2016 as the latest release date.

Remind me, will this mod have English VO? Because as darn good as it all sounds, I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach playing a game in a language I don't understand.

Remind me, will this mod have English VO? Because as darn good as it all sounds, I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach playing a game in a language I don't understand.

Yeah, though that version most likely will take the longest to complete - first one to be finished will be the german one, shortly thereafter the german version with english subtitles and textes und lastly the english voiced one.
Reason being that SureAI wants to release each version whenever it is ready and not hold back any of them ;-)

The timeframe between the 2 german versions should be quite short, maybe they can even come out at the same time, depending on how long the bugfixing and polishing still takes.
The english voiced version is currently being voiced but it still takes some time till everything is recorded (as there are often retakes needed ;-)) and after that SureAI has to cut and implement it which also takes much time (especially the cutting) hence it will be finished last, barring some kind of setback with the release of the german version.

I'm often quite happy with original language and subs. When the English VO is weak, I think the subtitled experience is much better. I end up skipping loads of VO work anyway, as I read a lot faster than they talk.

I'm often quite happy with original language and subs. When the English VO is weak, I think the subtitled experience is much better. I end up skipping loads of VO work anyway, as I read a lot faster than they talk.

To be fair, SureAI aims for a as-high-as-possible quality with their english version - while they don't think they can trump the german version (that one uses actually some famous german dubbers) they want to put at least talented and experienced hobby VAs with good equipment as their base for the aimed quality. ;-)

Well, that's nice to hear. I honestly wasn't expect full English VO, so that's a nice surprise. I don't mind waiting a little longer for that. :)

Caleb,

a) Will the game have some kind of in-game achievements, much like Nehrim had ?

b) Can Enderal accept mods ?

Thanks!

I'd love to see something in a kickstarter from SureAI.

Not sure it will need mods like Bethesda games do to make them playable…

Celtic, I don't intend to use mods to make it playable. But maybe some graphics/textures mods, or gameplay ones, who knows?

Last edited:
Hey everyone, sorry for the late answer - currently Enderal (translation + testing) eats up most of my free time :)

I'd love to see something in a kickstarter from SureAI.

The future of SureAI is currently undecided, after Enderal release there will be obviously patches, some of which also have additional content.

What happens afterwards entirely depends on how much people are willing to donate for Enderal - first there will be a (quite long) break for SureAI, especially so that the team members can finish current work projects (the team leader of SureAI e. g. works in the german studio which currently develops Spellforce 3 ;-))

After that break, who knows. They want to go Indie but as I said much of that depends on their income from donations.

Caleb,

a) Will the game have some kind of in-game achievements, much like Nehrim had ?

b) Can Enderal accept mods ?

Thanks!

a) Unfortunately no.

b) What do you mean by accept mods ^^

Basically all mods work which do not refer to anything in Skyrim's Skyrim.esm.

These are: Texture mods, other graphic mods (but pls carefully test each of them) and some gameplay mods (again there are some which work, and some which will either break your game or the balance).

Quest mods and follower obviously won't work, as well as any mod which adds armors, weapons, dungeons, settlements, etc. to the game as Enderal has its own worldspace ;-)

Enderal already has both SKSE as well as SKYUI included, too.

SureAI replied to my question on twiter about release date

"The German version will be activated on july 1-3rd. The English version will be released one or two weeks later"

So we are only 3 weeks away! Yay :)

Back
Top Bottom