The Majesti - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Adventure-RPG The Majesti has been released today:

The Majesti

Explore a new world without boring fetch quests and random encounters with identical enemies. Experience their saga without brain-crunching puzzles or grinding through random battles. Play as different animals from the three Majesti factions; herbivore, carnivore, and scavenger.

There is no profanity, blood/gore, sexual content...or lame dialogue and cheap endings!

Hard-core RPG gamers should note that there is no inventory management or traits/abilities/skill point management. There are items that will help win battles, but no equpiment or other character management.
More information.

I haven't looked at this game - and maybe it's a good game - but that description makes the game sound boring and unappealing - at least to me.

Count me as another that knows nothing about this game, yet the idea of playing as various animals sounds really fun to me. I'll be keeping an eye here to see if any of our members take a gamble and then share their thoughts with the class!

Looks to me rather like a kind of visual novel ?

Never even heard about this game. Looks to be about animals at least.

Hmmm... I don't like the way they sell their product. I'm happy with having alternative games that have different values, but the could have dispensed with the "holier than thou" phrasing.

Hopefully for them, that message will appeal the audience they intend to, to me it just killed any interest I could have.

Ehhh, if that's the case, should it simply turn out to be some kind of visual novel, that'll likely close the book for me.

There's a demo you can download. I tried it for a few minutes. Calling it a visual novel might be misleading. Visual novels let you make some dialogue choices. This does not. You press spacebar to engage in prescripted coversations with NPCs. Reminds me of "To the Moon", another RPGMaker game with no actual gameplay.

From the Steam page, it looks more like a picture book plus some animations done in a video game.

Trying to sell a product based on the things it doesn't have seems to be a strange marketing concept. Imagine someone wanting to sell you a care without wheels... That might be an awesome car, for example if it could fly, instead, but then the selling point would be the flying and not that it doesn't have wheels like all the other boring cars. But this marketing doesn't make me think of "flying car" more like "stationary car".

I dont like the lack of equipment, but the other design choices are not too bad.

Edit: nvm, I saw the graphics.

Back
Top Bottom