Urban Strife - Live Stream at Steam Next Fest

Redglyph

SasqWatch
White Pond Games posted an update on Urban Strife.

Urban Strife is coming to Steam Next Fest!

Come watch the prologue demo played & streamed live by our guest host, BoxMacLeod @ 3 PM PDT (22 GMT), OCT 1

Urban Strife brings together a complete package for the strategy fan: turn-based combat, RPG with character development and post-apocalypse survival. A true "Jagged Alliance meets The Walking Dead" of the modern era.

Built on Unreal Engine, Urban Strife brings turn-based strategy onto a solid platform and makes full use of it with advanced AI systems, realistic ballistics calculations, cover based on material penetration and spectacular scenery with dynamic day/time cycles. But while under the hood everything is brand new, Urban Strife comes with a user interface and battle controls that are trusted and familiar to the old-school gamer and easy to pick up by the new generations.

In Urban Strife you will command a group of quirky, slightly deranged militia and try to ensure the survival of the Urban Shelter, a small community somewhere at the foothills of the Appalachians. While on the field you will have full control over your group's actions and engage them in exploring, trading, making allies and most important, fighting to stay alive. At home, you will manage supply and logistics, upgrade the base, heal, and train your fighters. It is up to you to organize supply runs to kickstart your shelter industry, upgrade your weapons, deal with the inevitable emergencies, and prepare for the inevitable re-emergence of the undead horde that almost wiped off civilization two years before.

Check out BoxMacLeod's channels here: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoxMacLeod
More information.

Been waiting on this one a long time. Nice to see they landed a publisher.
Demo's quite good. Combat is better than Wasteland 2 (not a high bar, I know).

Last edited:
Don't forget you can also play the prologue demo this week.:)
Steam Next Fest is right around the corner. From October 1st you will have one week to try out the Prologue for Urban Strife.

Been waiting on this one a long time. Nice to see they landed a publisher.
Demo's quite good. Combat is better than Wasteland 2 (not a high bar, I know).

Just saw it mentioned in another thread. Not sure how I missed that one. Downloading it now…

The publisher was announced last year. It's MicroProse under one of the original founders who bought the brand, and it's various IP's. You can check steam for the new games being released and published by MicroProse. A couple of good games actually.

I just finished playing the demo for a couple of hours. I liked it quite a bit, and there's a lot of content for a demo. I couldn't finish it because combat encounters kept hanging up on the third map for some reason, but I played enough to see the potential.

The survival aspects aren't showcased in the demo, but I really liked the combat and the environments that I saw. If I had to nitpick, I'd say I wish we could zoom in a little further. When not in combat, I'd like to be able to get closer to the characters sometimes.

I've been quite busy this week. Has anyone mentioned the Steam Tabletop Fest? Might be of interest to folks.

It was mentioned for a couple of demos. If you see any interesting stuff worth putting in the news for everyone, don't hesitate to ping the newsposters. ;)

Will do. Might be worth a newsbit. I've actually forgotten where we're supposed to submit news suggestions. :p

Loved playing the demo can't wait to play the full release.

Hopefully it doesn't go the Early Access route.:)

Two recorded videos of an average player playing the demo.

Please keep complaints to yourself as there are no written articles.

I've been quite busy this week. Has anyone mentioned the Steam Tabletop Fest? Might be of interest to folks.

I did mention it, yesterday. Here.

It will run from Oct 21st to 25th. I just don't know if that's still too far for our newsposters (@HiddenX;, @Redglyph;, @Silver;) to make a newsbit out of it.

I did mention it, yesterday. Here.

It will run from Oct 21st to 25th. I just don't know if that's still too far for our newsposters to make a newsbit out of it.
Some of those streams look very interesting. Hopefully they get archived on YouTube.

I've played it a little bit, and I'm really enjoying this. The atmosphere is just right, and the exploration and combat are well done. The areas are not too big but they're packed.

The fights take time, they're turn-based with AP, so you've got to like this style. The map is not linear at all, you can take a couple of characters to surprise the enemy from behind, for example. You can also assign any character to watch an area, if there is enough AP left, and shoot if something gets in, so you can force an enemy to flee the house they're hiding in, and assign people on the other side to shoot them when they come out.

It's rewarding when those little tactics works. :)

The controls are convenient to use and there is little to reproach. Maybe I'd like to see the cost of movement and actions more clearly. I would also appreciate to zoom in a little bit more, but it's quite easy to see and to click on items so it's just a personal visual preference.

Conversations are not long, but not too short either, they seem realistic and participate to the setting by giving immersive elements. I didn't really see branches, C&C or anything non-linear so far but it's just a demo.

PS: Another good point, they're using Unreal Engine and sure enough, no issue :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom