Wolfstride - Released

Redglyph

SasqWatch
OTA IMON Studios have announced that Wolfstride was available on Steam and GOG. This is one of today's releases.

Wolfstride is Available NOW!

Brace yourself for laughs, tears, and big bot battles

The day has finally arrived, and Wolfstride is now available on PC!

A quick refresher on the game:

Wolfstride is a role-playing game about three former partners-in-crime coming to a turning point in their lives. When they inherit a junkyard mecha called Cowboy, they reunite to enter the planet's most elite mecha competition: the Ultimate Golden God Tournament.

Each member of the team lends their unique experience as they prepare to outwit the best mecha opponents from around the world. Between dog-mechanic Duque, mecha pilot Knife Leopard, and jack-of-all-trades Dominique Shade, the core crew's got just about everything covered.

That is... until their simple mission to make money unfolds into a deep, slow-burning exploration of their complex lives, the dark choices of their past, and their inevitable fate.

[...]Watch the Launch Trailer:

There have been a few reviews:

• PC Invasion: 7/10, Wolfstride is an enjoyable anime-like mech fighting adventure with an interesting cast of characters. Other than the slow start, it's easy to ignore the parts that fall short.
  • Noisy Pixel: 9/10, Wolfstride is a stylish RPG for people who love the atmosphere from old-school anime such as Cowboy Bebop, Ashita no Joe, and its recent-ish spin-off Megalobox. Its story goes from unabashedly comedic to dramatic in a heartbeat and manages to remain consistently compelling. While the gameplay could have offered further variety, this is one title where the story and atmosphere are enough to make it resonate with practically any audience.
  • TechRaptor: 7.5/10, Wolfstride is a stylish RPG from OTA IMON Studios and Raw Fury that features turn-based mech battles, quirky humor, and gorgeous art. Characters have a penchant for dragging, melancholic, over-the-top dialogue, which may not be everyone's cup of tea.
More information.

Lol... I don't really know the this game is about but that trailer demanded a second watch - and so they've got my attention. I'll check this out some more - and if any Watchers play it, will be curious to hear their thoughts.

I'll be another person curious as to what any folks here think of this game, as this is the first I'm hearing about it. Or at least the first time I recall hearing about it!

Have it on my wishlist but can't commit!

Back
Top Bottom