Realms Beyond - Coming to Kickstarter in October

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Realms Beyond will be coming to Kickstarter this October according to this forum post.

Which brings us to the final part of this post, our grand announcement:

Realms Beyond will be launching a Kickstarter campaign in October 2018!

We will reveal more information about the campaign once Gamescom is over and we've had a chance to catch our breaths. Stay tuned!

And before closing this post, we'd like to offer a heartfelt thank you to all the visitors to our booth who showed interest and asked questions about our game. There were hundreds of you, and it was a joy to show our game to each and every one of you. We're ready to receive hundreds more in the coming days, so don't hesitate - pay us a visit and let us guide you through the Realms Beyond!
Thanks daveyd!

More information.

Unless something bad happens, this game is gonna be a good one.
It's on my golden list with Red Dead 2, Cyberpunk 2077, The New World, and whatever the devs of Battle Brothers will do next.

Take all my money, Ceres Games.

EDIT: something bad happened.

Last edited:
Yep, unless something bad happens, I'll back this campaign.

Looks good, I will be backing. The title font is definitely reminiscent of Dragonlance.

I'm in!
Also Guido Henkel is one of the writers (chief writer?), so I guess it will be good.

Codex? That's... concerning. I'm not sure I want to listen to a steady stream of foul language.

I don't understand the hype. The only thing we know is that it's DnD-like and turnbased. The developers have barely any reputation. What am I missing?

Codex? That's… concerning. I'm not sure I want to listen to a steady stream of foul language.

Codex is regularly visited by a bunch of developers, and some Codexers released successful games , like Age of Decadence.

I don't understand the hype. The only thing we know is that it's DnD-like and turnbased.
Is that not enough? :)
And it's not "DnD-like", it's actual DnD 3.5.

The developers have barely any reputation. What am I missing?
Guido worked on Fallout 1, NWN, and Planescape:Torment.

Also, sometimes even unknown developers give us excellent games. Remember The Witcher 1?

Last edited:
Is that not enough? :)

Not for me. D&D is overrated and oversaturated in the CRPG genre.

At any rate, this level of hype is never warranted for a low budget game made by amateur, unproven developers. Especially considering there's barely any details available.

At any rate, this level of hype is never warranted for a low budget game made by amateur, unproven developers. Especially considering there's barely any details available.

What hype are you talking about? I've only seen this game discussed here and the codex. If anything these guys could use MORE hype.

Not for me. D&D is overrated and oversaturated in the CRPG genre.
I don't know in what universe you live but I would like to move there.
Can you tell me the last DnD licensed CRPG released? I think the last one was NWN2, released in 2006…

There have probably been at least 40 D&D licensed or D&D clone RPGs since the 80s. Recent D&D esque RPGs include Sword Coast Legends, Low Magic Age, Knights of the Chalice. You also have upcoming games heavily inspired by D&D like Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Knights of the Chalice 2, and now Realms Beyond. D&D has also had a major influence on the systems of RPGs like KOTOR, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin, ect.

That wasn't my question but okay...

You're not hyped by this game, it's duly noted.
Have a good night.

Back
Top Bottom