Avowed - What We Know, Speculation & Lore

Is it 10 minutes of him just saying "nothing" over and over? ;)
Well, it depends, maybe a few times ;) If you've already read or watched what is known about Avowed, you probably won't get much from this video. Otherwise, it's a fair summary.

I haven't watched the lore part, there were other videos dedicated to that not long ago.

EDIT: by "it depends", I mean there's some speculation so...

That doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

If Avowed is not another Dark Souls-like then it's already something to look out for.

I have to say - this can't come soon enough for me. I can alway accept more Skyrim-esque gameplay. Good Luck to the developers. Keep up the good work.

I'm starting to be happy I don't have to care - for me it would be actually better if it wouldn't be like Skyrim. Yay, I don't have to care about all the RPG fans arguing about it aswell.

Looks like there was drama behind the scenes according to the Codex amateur sleuths.

Link - https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...-eternity-setting.134122/page-38#post-7133981
- Chris Parker and Feargus Slam Dunkulus got into a huge falling out over Avowed, guess it wasn't going great
- …in front of the studio so everyone got to see it…
- …after this, Parker gets yanked off Avowed (!).
- Bobby Null (lead designer?) also gets yanked off Avowed.
- Art Directors switch to someone else, not sure who.
- Not sure who new art, lead designer, and project director except the new project director and lead designer is "not Sawyer."
What do think @Redglyph?

As for me find this to partial plausible given Feargus's past.

Looks like there was drama behind the scenes according to the Codex amateur sleuths.

Link - https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...-eternity-setting.134122/page-38#post-7133981
What do think @Redglyph?

As for me find this to partial plausible given Feargus's past.

Looks like loose talk over rumours, the poster never cared to share any of his "multiple citations". Someone else who is allegedly a dev at Obsidian posted a reply further down, but I could find his name linked to the company anywhere.

I won't be losing any sleep over Codex rants. ;) There's probably some truth in it but it's just people moving around, so no big deal.

Either way there is always drama behind the scenes at Obsidian. So nothing new.

Just ask Chris Avellone he spilled the beans a few years back.:lol:

Either way there is always drama behind the scenes at Obsidian. So nothing new.

Just ask Chris Avellone he spilled the beans a few years back.:lol:

His word at least must be trustworthy. Oh, and doesn't he have a law suit to attend to? :lol:

Sorry, just bad humour. I suppose that there must have been drama indeed, hopefully for the best - not like a key person leaving the company.

Anyway, we both still need to play the previous games till the end. ;)

EDIT: good find, though, we'll see if anything official comes in the next days!

Who'd a thought making an old-school nostalgia baiting retro Skyrim-like game would generate so much desire for controversy!

His word at least must be trustworthy. Oh, and doesn't he have a law suit to attend to? :lol:

Sorry, just bad humour. I suppose that there must have been drama indeed, hopefully for the best - not like a key person leaving the company.

Anyway, we both still need to play the previous games till the end. ;)

EDIT: good find, though, we'll see if anything official comes in the next days!
Yeah his defamation Lawsuit given the evidence he should win. As it ruined his reputation and career. Still I wonder when we'll get info and game-play for Avowed?

As early leaks said Obsidian was targeting 2023 for release.

Yeah his defamation Lawsuit given the evidence he should win. As it ruined his reputation and career. Still I wonder when we'll get info and game-play for Avowed?

As early leaks said Obsidian was targeting 2023 for release.

I wonder too, they're not giving much info. Perhaps at E3, Gamescon or another festival?

Back
Top Bottom