The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Sound quality is not great, but he's one of the best guitarists I've ever seen live.

The Four Chord Song

Chris Cornell - Ave Maria

Yesterday I mellowed out to about four hours of Frank Zappa and the Mothers. Joe's Garage has to be one of the best albums of all time, although all of Zappa's works could be labeled as such.

Yesterday I mellowed out to about four hours of Frank Zappa and the Mothers. Joe's Garage has to be one of the best albums of all time, although all of Zappa's works could be labeled as such.

And I am literally RIGHT NOW listening to Joe's Garage! (the song itself as well!). Love that album, as well as much of his stuff. He was an incredible composer and bandleader and guitarist ... awesome stuff.

Pibbur, on the day Hawkings passed, I spent a few hours listening to Radiohead and I must have listened to "Fitter, Happier" about ten times that day, wishing it were actually his voice on that song, instead of Yorke's. I then made my way over to Pulse, and really enjoyed that entire album, having not listened to it for several years.

@dteowner;
I think you'll like this one
Sorry to be so late, SirJames, I just don't log in very often. I do like that one a good bit. Her multiple loops demonstrate the gazer "layers upon layers" approach quite nicely.

Sorry to be so late, SirJames, I just don't log in very often. I do like that one a good bit. Her multiple loops demonstrate the gazer "layers upon layers" approach quite nicely.

That is cool - makes me think back to doing recordings in college with a basic delay which could be turned into a simple ‘sample & hold’ ... fun stuff, I had an awesome bass loop I captured in my room and was like ‘oh crap, how do I get this into the studio! Ended up doing a direct-in to my tape deck, then bringing that to the studio - not optimal but it worked.

Back
Top Bottom