Fallout 76 - B.E.T.A. and an Intro

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
There will be a beta for Fallout 76 in which you can participate, although Bethesda have gone so far and thought of how they could use the same letters of the word beta and make it an abbreviation.

Fallout 76 officially releases on November 14th, but the first chance to experience the game can begin much earlier than that. We're excited to announce that our B.E.T.A. (Break-It Early Test Application) will arrive first on Xbox One on Tuesday, October 23rd and one week later for PlayStation 4 and PC players on Tuesday, October 30th.

For more information, including how to access the B.E.T.A., what to expect, where to submit feedback, and much more, please see our updated B.E.T.A. FAQ.

While players ultimately will experience unique adventures, stories, and exciting moments along their Fallout 76 journey, they'll all begin the same: within the safe confines of Vault 76 on Reclamation Day. For the very first time, we're excited to share the first step players will take into beautiful, untamed Appalachia...

During the B.E.T.A period, we will provide regular updates on when the servers will be live through @Fallout on Twitter, the Bethesda.net forums and our Bethesda.net Status Page. Servers will not be live 24/7 as the team works to troubleshoot issues, stress the servers, and optimize player concurrency.

As you wait for B.E.T.A. to begin, we will be showcasing much more of the game in the next few weeks, including tips for multiplayer, wasteland survival, character builds & customization and more! Keep an eye on the Fallout website and social channels for news and updates about Fallout 76.
here is the official in-game intro.

More information.

You know what would actually make sense in FOO76? If newbs who login for the first time come out of their vault into the real world, only to find Player Characters waiting for them to kill them and take their stuff.

Did any fans even want them to make this kind of Fallout game? I know a multiplayer Fallout has been asked for quite a few times, but more in line with the previous games but with some co-op options. The weird perk system they've come up with, the lack of human NPCs to give you quests and stories don't really help either. Really think they've dropped the ball with this one. =/

Did any fans even want them to make this kind of Fallout game? =/

Aside from Drithius, no, not really.:)

Kind of odd intro though. Anyone even give a damn, about the yada yada love&unity, let's rebuild 'Murica? Fallout IV intro was sort of direct and funny, player running around and blowing shit up with nukes, I'm a wanderer playin' on radio.

Yawn... I'm actually a little bit sad that I stopped caring about Fallout a long time ago. This will be its future. A stream-lined online-shooter with a weird card system so they can sell you loot boxes. Brave new world!

If the goal of that video was to get me interested, they failed.

I'm sad that resources are spent on something like this when they could instead spend it on a proper single-player experience :(.

Not sad as this game seems to have a market, and the owners of Bethesda seem to think single-player games without some type of MP will not sell well anymore.

I'm not blowing hot air either as Dishonored 2, Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider, and Prey were not big sellers. Arkane Studios is also having a few internal problems.

So back to this game I'm personally not interested but it will make a profit.

Back
Top Bottom