Interesting article on game development

Ripper

Зичу Вам успіхів
Interesting article from the devs of the Godot engine. Godot is worth a look, and I'd say it could be a good choice for indie RPG projects that want to go a bit deeper than RPGmaker et al. Uses the MIT license, which means you're free to do as you like with it.

https://godotengine.org/article/how-actually-make-your-dream-game

Thanks for the article. My brother has a crazy idea to try and make a MMO. I have been trying to talk him out of it. I sent him this article.

Bookmarked!

I was waiting for Godot, too. ;)

Really enjoyed reading this. Author highlights and sorts numerous steps for making a successful game. Identifies and analyses many of the common off-ramps found on the game making road.

Worth a read for anyone with video game interests IMO.

Many thanks to Ripper for this.

__

I'm glad you guys found it helpful. Most of these articles are cookie-cutter clickbait, but I thought this guy had something to say.

The Godot engine has been fully revamped with a new 3d renderer, and I'm pretty impressed. Here's a vid of a demo level, to give an idea of its quality.

It's fully open under the MIT license, so you can do whatever you like with it without any royalties, and no restrictions on releasing your custom tools for modders, etc. The community and the resources are growing rapidly.

Amazing engine. I've been following its development since late 2015. I like how it is picking up steam. It has huge potential, and I can see it compete with Unity in the future.

Seems the 3D render has gotten better since last year. I know the engine isn't complete yet but I need to see a few RPG games made before I approve this engine.

As for members saying it can compete with unity I cant agree yet.

Back
Top Bottom