What games are you playing now?

wait, are you saying I have inferior hardware? :(

I'm in the middle of moving house, job, and country at the minute, so I really haven't had much time for gaming over the last three or four months sadly. What time I've had I've put into the Aielund Saga, a NWN module. I'm now 40+ hrs in and coming to the end of part 2 of Act IV, the final act in the module. I'm playing the EE version on Steam. The module is a great experience - the difficulty has been about right, generally not too challenging although a couple of the battles have been fist-gnawingly difficult and taken many attempts to get right. I've gone with a straight fighter build, currently level 25. Definitely recommended for anyone with a NWN itch.

I'm not sure where I'll go after this… my backlog has soared in the last few months! I still haven't played Bards Tale 4, Pillars 2 or Pathfinder. Aeons of Sand also looks great. And I'm also feeling quite up for another NWN module (maybe Darkness over Daggerford) playing a mage or thief for a change. Choices choices…. At least I can forget about Elex and Kingdom Come until I have a PC powerful enough to play them. :)

@Pongo; Did you like the plot twist at the beginning of chap 4? :)

Where you lose all everything you've worked for? I loved that part so much

You still got 1 more part to enjoy with The Aielund Saga, enjoy! :D

Well, I'd say try out Kingmaker once you finish Aielund ;)

@purpleblob; ha yeah that bit was great - very unexpected! I'm also bumping into old friends in a slightly dark and unexpected way… :)

@JDR13; yeah it's had some coverage, eg:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41440
I haven't seen much feedback from watchers playing it yet, but it definitely looks like my kind of game. And the art is fantastic!

I completely agree, Wizardry eight got a lot of things right. That game is a true classic, if you've not played it and enjoy that genre, you should really treat yourself one day and dive in!

I’ve been back on Battle Brothers ever since the DLC dropped. I would like to try out some of the new games I picked up during last Steam sale...but every time i sit down for a gaming session I just click on BB again. I might have a problem! :)

Still playing Grimrock 2 and Dragon's Dogma. Both are still pretty good. The dungeons and quests in DD are way better than I expected.

Had a bit of a dip into Elite Dangerous. Tried out some solo play, which was a pleasant surprise as I thought this game was MMO-only. Flying was a bitch until I remapped a couple of keys, and now I'm a spaceship parking expert :).

I couldn't help myself, the completionist in me insisted on exploring every possible map/character in Disgaea five, so I'm working on unlocking the carnage zones probably later this week. Right now I'm finishing on getting all of the extra content characters, then appraising everyone and determining who all will make it into the final squad of vengeance!

Been playing a bit of Tower of Time and Shieldwall Chronicles.
-
I'm not sure how far I am in Shieldwall Chronicles - i just freed the prisoners from the lizards - but overall I don't really care for the game and can't recommend it. There are a lot of funky stuff that doens't make sense (like missing an 85% shot 6 times in a roll - which should have at least one hit 0.999989% of the time.
-
There are other issues with the interface that drives me batty as well as the campaign being a bit dull.
-
Tower of Time on the other hand is so far much more interesting. I'm in the middle of level 2 - the story isn't what I would call fantastic nor the combat and it is annoying you can't rotate the map but overall it is so far enjoyable.

If you played Wizardry you must be familiarized with tedious random combats, right ? ;)

Very familiar. The Wizardry style is perhaps my favorite style of RPG. However, even Wizardry's combats weren't quite as frequent, nor as tedious. BoF1's happen literally every 2-3 seconds of walking, with little to no challenge inherent in them at all. At most, I'll have to burn a few herbs after 20 or so combats. Classic Wizardries kept you at the end of your seat, and were IMO fairly well balanced to the games' mechanics.

Most games with random combats struggle to get the balance perfect. Wizardry and the various Gold Box games were the best, hands down IMO.

Also, I highly recommend playing Breath of Fire on PS2 / PCSX2 emulation.
Absolutely different than the previous BoFs, but still one of the best tactical RPGs out there, EVER (yes, I've said it).

I'll look around for it and check it out, thanks.

I still have to finish Pathfinder: Kingmaker but I've started playing some ATOM RPG. It's really good, basically a 1:1 clone of Fallout 1 but Russian style. Very polished and smooth so far, it's nice.

Fallout 4 with the Horizon mod.

I always wanted to try this, and I have to say it's incredibly well done. It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Fallout 4 Survival - but this takes it to the next level.

Amazing mod and experience. It's like the combination of both the old Fallouts and the new Fallouts - only with even more complexity and intricate mechanics.

Highly recommended!

Almost forgot that I also GREATLY enjoyed Vaporum until I was distracted by FO4-Horizon.

Vaporum is very, very close to the perfect dungeon crawler. Considering it's an indie game by a very small team - it's incredibly well done.

Back
Top Bottom