Beyond Good & Evil 2 - Still in Development

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
IGN reports on a Q1 earnings report question about Beyond Good & Evil 2 which confirms it is still being worked on and also suggests it will be quite some time before release.

The prequel/sequel to the 2003 title got a rare mention today in Ubisoft's Q1 earnings, with Ubisoft simply listing it as part of its plans for "expanding premium offering over the coming years." This went almost entirely unremarked upon during the subsequent earnings call, until a Jefferies spokesperson asked to be permitted a "final fanboy question," asking if the mention of the game meant it might be appearing over the horizon, maybe for fiscal 2024."That's a good try, Ken," replied CFO Frederick Duguet. "We've progressed well with Beyond Good & Evil 2, but it's too early to tell you at this stage."

[...]
More information.

Ten years in development.. Will this game still be relevant by the time it arrives (2024)?

I remember some excitement when this was announced because the first game had somewhat of a cult following. Almost hard to believe it's still in development.

Not quite sure what to think. The original, while not being earth-shattering, was most certainly interesting (guess I am spoiled with quality Zelda games BG&E was so desperate to imitate)

BG&E2's reveal trailer (with those infamous f-bombs)was such a slap in the face for me, I lost any interest whatsoever in the game.
Good luck to Ubi's marketing team to salvage this train wreck.

Back
Top Bottom