C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
No its not were abandoning the game just check my link above. It just sounds like the MP version is cancelled, and focusing more on DLC and new games in the future.

Good thing they are not EA as EA would have abandoned ship already like ME:A.

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not suggesting they're abandoning the game. That seems very unlikely. I just mean that now they've actually finished development, perhaps to the standard in which it should have been released. Probably major work has been done.

I really really hope one of the games they are working on is a single player follow-up of Cyberpunk! But I guess it is not very likely :(

That would be great, if they improve the gameplay which has a huge potential and keep the great story and characters, it'd be a truly fantastic game!

I won this thing during the RPGWatch giveaway and I'm patiently waiting till they stop patching for a few months before delving into it again. I was having some horrible screen tear when behind the wheel of the car, so I bailed for a while.

I won this thing during the RPGWatch giveaway and I'm patiently waiting till they stop patching for a few months before delving into it again. I was having some horrible screen tear when behind the wheel of the car, so I bailed for a while.

That's ironic considering that you get screen tear from having a super high frame rate and a lot of people were complaining about low frame rates.

Just turn on vsync if you're having screen tearing. I almost never play anything without having vsnc on for that very reason.

CD Projekt has no plans to shelve Cyberpunk 2077

Link - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-04-13-cd-projekt-has-no-plans-to-shelve-cyberpunk-2077
Developer CD Projekt is dedicated to fixing Cyberpunk 2077 so it can continue to sell "for years to come," despite a rocky launch late last year.

That's according to joint chief executive Adam Kicinski, who told Reuters that the studio is committed to rectifying ongoing issues with the game.

"I don't see an option to shelve Cyberpunk 2077. We are convinced that we can bring the game to such a state that we can be proud of it and therefore successfully sell it for years to come," Kicinski told Reuters.
CD Projekt's 2020 sales trounce previous full-year record

Link - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-2020-sales-trounce-previous-full-year-record
CD Projekt today announced two preliminary numbers from its upcoming annual earnings report to give an idea of just how big its 2020 and the December debut of Cyberpunk 2077 really were.

For the full year, CD Projekt brought in a record PLN 2.14 billion ($562 million) in consolidated sales revenues. That number is more than four times what it reported for 2019, and more than two-and-a-half times the company's previous record of PLN 798 million ($210 million), set in 2015 with the launch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

The company set a bottom-line record as well, reporting a net profit of PLN 1.15 billion ($303 million). That more than triples the company's previous profit record of PLN 342 million ($89.8 million), also set in 2015.

That's ironic considering that you get screen tear from having a super high frame rate and a lot of people were complaining about low frame rates.

It’s not dependent on how high the frame rate is. It’s the synchronization between the GPU and monitor.

For instance you could get screen tearing on a 240hz monitor if your gpu is on pushing 135 FPS and vice versa.

So in cyberpunk people could be pushing 35fps on a 60 hz monitor and experience tearing.

Using Vsync will introduce input lag but to be honest I’ve never noticed. ( maybe I’m too old) gsync and freesync are probably the best solutions if you can afford it. I’ve not had any problems with screen tearing since getting my gsync enabled tv.

It’s not dependent on how high the frame rate is. It’s the synchronization between the GPU and monitor.

For instance you could get screen tearing on a 240hz monitor if your gpu is on pushing 135 FPS and vice versa.

So in cyberpunk people could be pushing 35fps on a 60 hz monitor and experience tearing.

Using Vsync will introduce input lag but to be honest I’ve never noticed. ( maybe I’m too old) gsync and freesync are probably the best solutions if you can afford it. I’ve not had any problems with screen tearing since getting my gsync enabled tv.

That's still related to frame rate. You get screen tearing when the FPS exceeds the refresh rate. And it's still an ironic complaint about a game that supposedly has crap frame rates. You're never going to get screen tearing with an FPS in the sub 20 frames range people have complained about.

That's still related to frame rate. You get screen tearing when the FPS exceeds the refresh rate. And it's still an ironic complaint about a game that supposedly has crap frame rates. You're never going to get screen tearing with an FPS in the sub 20 frames range people have complained about.

You’ll get stuttering. The frame rate doesn’t need to exceed the monitors refresh rate. It can be lower than the monitors refresh rate as well.

So the game could have crap frame rates and still tear. Crap frame rate is all relative I have no problem with 30 FPS but know people who won’t even play at 60fps.

I’m not looking for an argument. It’s just that people getting screen tearing is not proof of high frame rates they could also be low.

Attachments

• CP2077-sales-1.jpg
    CP2077-sales-1.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 79
  • CP2077-sales-2.jpg
    CP2077-sales-2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 78
Time for a more funny post and remember this is joke.:lol:

CD Projekt Red Announces Cyberpunk 2077: A Game of the Year Edition

Link - https://hard-drive.net/cd-projekt-red-announces-cyberpunk-2077-a-game-of-the-year-edition/
“Cyberpunk 2077 is an ambitious project …” reads one truncated quote from a Kotaku review featured on the box. “It’s a … video game that … is impressive, but … features a giant open world that doesn’t … suck, because … it’s good. Keanu Reeves is … in it.”

In addition to collecting all of the game’s content in one place, it also includes every piece of damage control CD Projekt Red has released since its launch. It even features some brand new apologies addressing never-before-seen controversies.

“On behalf of CD Projekt Red, I’d like to own up to our mistake here and say we’re sorry to our fans,” says CD Projekt Red CEO Adam Kicinski in a new video. “While we were trying to be satirical, we can see how some of our various jokes about trans people came off as inappropriate. We truly apologize even though you have to admit it is kind of funny. Right? No? Shit. OK, someone get me a blank yellow apology background.”

The game is scheduled to launch this October and rescheduled to launch this December. It will receive its first patch next February, which CD Projekt Red says should allow players to access the game.

Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.22 - Released
Hotfix 1.22 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

This update addresses the most frequently reported issues since the last patch and introduces further improvements to stability and performance of the game.

No idea where to post this, but this looks great. The rainy scenes starting at 2:11 in particular are fantastically atmospheric.

Oh that was nicely done, thanks!

EDIT: Now I want to play again! Keep waiting for actual new content versus patches though :p

Cyberpunk 2077 Lawsuits have Joined Together - Eurogamer
CD Projekt has now confirmed that four lawsuits against the company from December and January have been consolidated into one. The court has now appointed a lead plaintiff, and all four lawsuits will now be subject to "potential common court proceedings".

Back
Top Bottom