Desperados 3 - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamesN Desperados 3 has been announced by Mimimi.

Characters old and new

The Desperados games stood apart from the Commandos series by putting its characters in the limelight – while Commandos had a varied cast of heroes, you never learned much about who they were. Desperados, on the other hand, told the story of gunslinger Cooper, and the likes of explosives expert Sam Williams, safecracker physician Doc McCoy, and gambler Kate O’Hara.

Desperados 3 won’t bring them all back, but Cooper will, at least, be on your team once again. He returns with his six shooter, silent throwing knives, and the classic coin flip – a tool to lure guards away from their post.

[...]
Thanks porcozaur!

More information.

I'm glad to see this genre making a comeback. The commandos games were among my favourites.
Me too.
Commandos 3 was really, really hard, though. I never passed the first mission :embarrassed:

Did you played Robin Hood: the Legend of Sherwood?

I've bought it on GOG already but haven't got around to playing it yet. I hear its supposed to be quite good.
It's a little less punishing than the Commandos series but it still fun.
The game is running slow on newer system but there's a fix (it's the same fix used for the old Desperados games).

Not sure i understnad the gameplay esp if it is real time. How do you set up all the events to occur in the right order ?
By failing a lot. And once you know the map and the cycle of patrols well, you just have to be quick.

The top-down view gives the impression those games are tactical games, but in reality they're more close to stealth games.

Last edited:
Played all of them back in the day (they were all great) tried playing commandos and Sherwood recently, just doesn't seem cut it for me.
A new Desperados, now that's something else:dance:

My favorite in this narrow, specific genre is the Robin Hood game. That said, I find these games to be a bit too scripted...too much of a puzzle game.

Commandos 3 was really, really hard, though. I never passed the first mission

Actually I found the first Commandos game the hardest, had no problems with Commandos 3 though.

Actually I found the first Commandos game the hardest, had no problems with Commandos 3 though.
Ah? Maybe the 3D confused me? I was more used to 2D games at the time.

If I find a moment, I will try again now that years have passed and that the genre seems to revive.

The game series where I never understood why it wasn't made to be turn-based.

Not sure i understnad the gameplay esp if it is real time. How do you set up all the events to occur in the right order ?

Trial & error, improvising and thinking on your feet when things don't go as smoothly as you predict. Ofcourse things such as studing the enemy placement and knowing ins and outs of levels, making use of the environment in the most clever way possible help a lot and so forth… That is what real time gameplay is all about.

Playing Shadow tactics at the moment, before Desperados 3 is released.

Back
Top Bottom