Red Dead Redemption 2 - Review @ Bosshunting

Since console players are simple people I can understand why a riding simulator with a sprinkle of shooting gallery is GotY for them.

Just read some of the non-fanboy less than "10" ratings at Metacritic. Plenty of them ranging from Zeros to 5 points or so. You will see a lot of the same issues and complaints.

Super Clunky, feels like the main character has a refrigerator on his back at all times, horrible controls, not fun in general, empty boring world, boring repetitive missions, more like a really slow movie than an actual game, rockstar put in a bunch of stupid literal chores into the game that are boring as hell just like they are in real life - shave, eat, shower, clean your horse, clean your gun, whoooopeeee! what fun…. (sarcasm)

So what, i've never done it once. It's optional and it's hardly tedious.. If someone gives it a zero and you believe he's being unbiased, well, let's just say the joke is on you. You've understood that there are "fanboys", good. I'm sure you understand that there are haters too, neither are unbiased, a zero is not unbiased, it's just hating. I can't relate to anything of what you write about the game, but sure it's slower than GTA (more story, choices). If you prefer 100% pew-pew there's tons of games out there, call of duty etc.

Since console players are simple people

To even argue like this and even feel a grudge against people who also plays games on console you have to be a pretty…. "special" person.. It's how you think when you are around 10-14. Maybe you are this young or maybe you are just "special"? :)

If you like open world games you'll like the game, if not, move on… it's not more difficult than that really.

Just read some of the non-fanboy less than "10" ratings at Metacritic. Plenty of them ranging from Zeros to 5 points or so. You will see a lot of the same issues and complaints.
Nothing surprising in these reviews. It was stated that content drainers, content browses will have hard times with it.
Super Clunky, feels like the main character has a refrigerator on his back at all times, horrible controls,
The views can be changed.
not fun in general, empty boring world, boring repetitive missions, more like a really slow movie than an actual game, rockstar put in a bunch of stupid literal chores into the game that are boring as hell just like they are in real life - shave, eat, shower, clean your horse, clean your gun, whoooopeeee! what fun…. (sarcasm)
The same key words: empty, repetition etc

Gaming is about repetition. Repetition is at the core of gameplay. The claim that games should be devoid of repetition is an indicator of disdain for,lack of interest for gaming.

Content drainers were certain to have troubles with that one: a quest is issued, it pops at one end of the map, they travel, quest is solved, a new quest is issued, pops at another end of the map, they travel etc

The overarching story does a good job at setting the challenges and stakes so that a player know how to mix various gameplay elements to strike the balance of their gaming experience.

It is not a spoonfed experience, players must be involved in order to tailor their own experience.
Players coming with a dull approach will return a dull experience.
Players who do not know how to entertain themselves will not be entertained. No miracle.

Another point: players complain about historicity, stuff like that.
This game includes a historical feature to the gameplay: slow travel and what it meant. People used to fill their travel time with side activities. Driving 10 minutes to the supermarket, spend half an hour buying, driving back 10 min is a back product of fast travel.

The game is not built around fast travel. Players who can not accomodate that feature are up for a terrible experience. The inability to mix up content is lethal in this game's experience.

To even argue like this and even feel a grudge against people who also plays games on console you have to be a pretty…. "special" person.. It's how you think when you are around 10-14. Maybe you are this young or maybe you are just "special"? :)

If you like open world games you'll like the game, if not, move on… it's not more difficult than that really.
So you follow my funny generalization post with an attack on me directly.
Who is 10 here exactly?

So what, i've never done it once. It's optional and it's hardly tedious.. If someone gives it a zero and you believe he's being unbiased, well, let's just say the joke is on you. You've understood that there are "fanboys", good. I'm sure you understand that there are haters too, neither are unbiased, a zero is not unbiased, it's just hating. I can't relate to anything of what you write about the game, but sure it's slower than GTA (more story, choices). If you prefer 100% pew-pew there's tons of games out there, call of duty etc.

Fine. I just read reviews and those things I was quoting made me lose a lot of interest in this game. That doesn't mean other people might not enjoy it, I saw plenty of 10's and high scores looking at reviews, obviously some people love it.

But let's put it this way, I was once super excited and pumped to see this game eventually released to PC. now, after seeing certain criticisms being echoed by some players, I don't care that much, if they even ever release it for PC at all. But again, my opinion. Others opinions can and will vary.

I don't really understand why are extremes even taken in the picture.

Even if one will never touch it, it's pretty much obvious that RDR2 is not 0/10 nor 10/10 game. Game of the Year? To some it is, Bosshunting site says goty. Maybe they didn't play anything better in this year. To me… Sorry, based on what I've heard, seen and read it couldn't make in my current top 3 (Y0, VC4, KCD). And I dare to suspect it's not better than AC:Odyssey either - where a score is ruined because of stupid microtransactions as it should be.

The game is fantastic. Way more injoyable to actually play it than just reading shitty review about it.

Yea well, to each their own. I don't like brushing horses in RL, can't love it in games either. Reading about it however somehow feels more enjoyable than mushroomcontrolling it.

But you like petting dogs in Assassin's Creed… :-/

Brushing a horse in real life is about as therapeutic of an activity that I've ever experienced, honestly. Now, as for doing it in a video game, that I'd have no idea about at all. The horse loves the attention and will lean into it, and the brusher gets something out of it as well.

But you like petting dogs in Assassin's Creed… :-/
If you mean straw dogs. Petting dogs doesn't boost your horse stats nor skills in AC so I don't pet anything.
If you mean tamed animals, because pets are poorly implemented I'm not taming anything.

In other words, no I don't like it. The thing is, unlike RDR2, AC does not boost anything if you pet something. Maybe some mods make dogs turn into goblins if petted, but that ain't in the core game.

Now, as for doing it in a video game, that I'd have no idea about at all. The horse loves the attention and will lean into it, and the brusher gets something out of it as well.
In-game it takes litterally 5 seconds and it level up your bond with the horse. Horses are incredibly well animated and have a decent and credible IA, so it's a pleasure to do it.
It's far from a chore.

Same with shaving, those "reviews" make it sound like it's a side activity with a boring mini-game but it's not that at all.
Shaving in this game in faster than in The Witcher 3 (where you had to talk to a dude, sit down,etc…). It's just a cosmetic choice, no a side activity.
It's like complaining that you can change outfits in AC : "Changing clothes?! what a boring side activity!" :lol:

Some reviewers have decided that the game must be bad, no matter what.
Because it's Rockstar, because it's console only and because they have no life.

Last edited:
The first 24 seconds in this video must be photoshop then:
It's a pathfinding glitch, happens in every open-world since games are games. It's not the way horses are supposed to act in the game, and it's not how they act most of the time.
I shouldn't even have to explain that on a site full of veteran gamers like yourself ;)

It's also a whory youtuber who don't know (or is pretending to not know to make a RDR 2 video to have more likes) that you can talk to your horse in the game.
Just ask it to step back or flee…
It's actually pretty fun when your horse is doing stupid shits (like horses do IRL sometimes) because there's a lot of way to interact directly with them. It feels right!

But you know I'm evil. And a bit bored otherwise I'd leave this thread already… ;)
Will do now.

IA.... intelligence artificielle!

But you know I'm evil. And a bit bored otherwise I'd leave this thread already… ;)
Will do now.
Real evil would never say he is. Have fun!

So you follow my funny generalization post with an attack on me directly.
Who is 10 here exactly?

It wasn't ""funny"" and you're telling me I'm not allowed to reply back because then i'm just as childish as you? Are you're one of those really special people who also cover your ears and say "lalalalala!" really loud when someone gives you a lecture or tell you that you did something wrong?

I sense very low IQ here, there's just no other way to put it, even if it might be harsh.

Back
Top Bottom