The TV Series discussion thread

So bad even modding can't save it? :p
Sorry, I disagree with your negative points 100%. The show is not Matrix nor is trying to be.

My only problem with the series is its taking forever for a prequel. I want them to move on from Slipping Jimmy and move onto Gene.

I have never watched Breaking Bad and I see too much wasted time with shoutouts to the origin of Jimmy's pinky ring and Salamanca's dinner bell and, "hey remember this character from Breaking Bad? They're back!". Like any prequel it just feels something interesting or colorful is made lame by attaching too much of "an important" backstory to it like in Rogue One or Solo.

I was hoping for the end of Kim and Jimmy this season and to resolve Nacho's and Mike's story arcs so we can get onto what happened after BB.

So bad even modding can't save it? :p
Sorry, I disagree with your negative points 100%. The show is not Matrix nor is trying to be.

Bron or Better Call Saul? Bron is a very ridiculous show with two good actors.

I should say that i generally really like Swedish crime series and sometimes even movies (we have a few good ones actually). This is too ridiculous, it's over-the-top and just overall not even close to being believable, the 3 sub plots are (or were) very stupid.. I have no idea if the story about this supposed "mastermind" continues in the next seasons too, if it doesn't i might still give it a shot since i like the 2 main actors.

Said it's not Matrix, it's not DC comics either. The villain there is not an overpowered immortal.

I'm not expecting or wanting it to be Matrix or DC Comics, obviously, and while the villain isn't supposed to have super powers it's bordering to that, it's too over the top and cheesy (kung-fu super hacker, lol..)

Edit: Also, what's up with the intro song lol.. i was sure it was in Danish (with some english words thrown in here and there because it sounded "cool"). It's completely in English it seems (googled the lyrics) but garbled by absolutely awful Danish accent (possibly even worse than Swe-Eng accent). This singer should stick to Danish.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Iron Fist even got a second series, to be honest. I know there's a lot of friction between those that do the Marvel movies and the others that do their television shows, maybe that had something to do with this cancellation. Perhaps it might show up on the Disney inter-web thingie, who knows.

That finale this week for Saul was excellent. My only gripe was a total lack of Nacho. Seeing Chuck again was awesome, and watching him channel some inner Spinal Tap almost made me swoon! And that part where Jimmy lectures that young lady, then uses the fuel from that anger to augment himself.....well, that's just some stellar telly right there.

Watched the first season and endured only because supports made an awsome presentation. But the show isn't called Iron Fist's "family&friends", so…
Still didn't try the second season, but won't cry for it being gone.

Edit: Also, what's up with the intro song lol.. i was sure it was in Danish (with some english words thrown in here and there because it sounded "cool"). It's completely in English it seems (googled the lyrics) but garbled by absolutely awful Danish accent (possibly even worse than Swe-Eng accent). This singer should stick to Danish.
I don’t agree with your other points on the show, but I do agree with the intro song. It took me four series to realise it wasn’t a Danish song with some English thrown in.

I actually finished Bron S1 since i was so far into it anyways.. Just had to take a break from it.

It did have at least 1 surprise, which i did like.
Seems like i even got the Jason reference right (kind of, at least). The plot of the killer was however even more dumb than what you initially think it is.

I also don't understand why the writers can't write for Saga though, e.g she should not be the best investigator they have for solving crimes related to social issues, which is something she does again and again. If they didn't try to create these super humans but instead more down-to-earth characters it could have been a great show.

Kim Bodnia's performance in the last ep was fantastic, too bad Saga ruins it (the writing, not the acting).

Been real sick for past few months so spent a lot and I mean a lot of time watching TV.

My takes on the noteworthy

New Doctor Who. Very good. The actress got right into the role, no problem at all with suspension of belief. She looks to be fun like Baker. I Look forward to this new take.

House. (Amazon) Wow!!!! been skimming through the series and of the approx. 60% of the series I have watched in the past couple months, not a dud in the bunch. Yeah the show has kind of a plot rail but the show is technical enough and witty enough that its plotting is pretty much invisible. This time around I find I like Chase.

The amount of B movie sci fi on Netflix, Amazon and Hulu is amazing. Beware because many of the movies they have are Plot stories for a potential series. And the movie ends unresolved.

Father Brown: (Netflix) PBS series on Netlix about a 1950s priest in a small village in England. My gawd the number of murders in this little hamlet (over 7 seasons thus far) just has to give pause. The English do love their murder burrows, hey Agatha. Fun show

Tom Clancy (Amazon) with the office guy. Way to many head shots of John K. Is he supposed to be some sex symbol? Plotting is fine and each show ends on a frenzy like Game of Thrones but I have two episodes to go and if they don't resolve the story I will not be back for season 2.

Forest of Pianos.(Netflix) Japanese anima series that involves a rich kid and poor kid competing to be the best pianist in the world? Well actually the poor kid is kind of like Mozart and the rich kid is kind of like Salieri. And they really are friends and root for each other. And the poor kid was raised by his prostitute mother in the whore house. The rich kid has daddy issue but pops is really pretty cool. The violence in this series, is piano violence and deals with who can master the old master piano pieces and yet....make it their own. The series covers all the greats like Shubert, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, etc. Wonderful take on a gentle kind of drama.

Anon. (Netflix) Imagine a world where Google glasses took off. Clive Owens plays the cop who finds a person on the street he can not identify. Excellent film to watch in 4k. The detail is amazing and the story is also not too bad.

Time to watch more TV . . . . . . .

Anon. (Netflix) Imagine a world where Google glasses took off. Clive Owens plays the cop who finds a person on the street he can not identify. Excellent film to watch in 4k. The detail is amazing and the story is also not too bad.
IMO it needs a warning to watch it only on 2 meters horizontal displays. All "tooltips" are so small, watching it on normal TV that didn't took half of your wall is a pain in the arse.
Google glass? No, it starts with hammering on noprivacy facebook. Ssadly doesn't push the criticism to extreme but rather turns into an odd whodunnit case where in the end we don't really care who and why as it changed nothing in such society. A missed opportunity.
While could have been a masterpiece, authors weren't brave enough to push the "big brother" story and not ignore the "evil" chief who's obviously just another puppet of the system (or a person at the top of "foodchain").

Still, the movie is pretty good so I have to recommend it.

No reason to reboot it - something like Youtube Red's karate kid "what happened after 20 years" would be more appreciated. By me.

Cobra Kaï! Really stupid show, loved it!

It's the first show where grounded means you can do anything and go anywhere but - "all your phones belong to us". Superb!
Here's hope someone won't have a stupid idea to set phone access a human right in constitution. Any country as others will just copy it.

Doctor Who seems to be doing well, I'm impressed with the two episodes that I've seen so far. Right now, it is consoling me to the serious loss I find myself experiencing now that Better Call Saul is done for this series. =xxx

i started Elite - a spanish show, 2 episodes so far, its really good; seems it gets even more complex as the story goes on.

I've been enjoying better call saul tremendously. I think it is better than breaking bad. Highly entertaining and fascinating to watch how Jimmy becomes Saul Goodman we know from breaking bad. It is not the end result which matters, its the journey. :)

Back
Top Bottom