Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Medieval Dynasty - Q&A with Developers Video #3

A few weeks ago we asked you for your questions. Today we have the answers. Welcome to our third Medieval Dynasty Q&A with Developers Video.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - Title Update 5 Trailer - Capcom

Passed down from generation to generation as just a legend, Fatalis is said to have wiped out an entire kingdom overnight. Such power and potential makes for very scary stories, but little evidence was ever made available.
Solasta Kickstarter Update - Early Access Keys & Dice System Preview

Hey there folks, I honestly didn't think I'd manage to sneak in a Video Dev Diary so close to our Early Access launch, but turns out that one doesn't need sleep to survive when you ace those Constitution Saving Throws! And in case you didn't manage to succeed your Intelligence (Insight) check, I was just kidding. Crunch bad mmm'kay? Anyway today is a bit of a shorter video, but I think all of you dice lovers out there will be very much interested in it!
Mechajammer Kickstarter Update #30 - Character Creation Beta Update
Hope this reaches everyone safe and sound. For those with test builds, there's a new update with character creation and an area to run around and punt mutants. The community site is fixed and back up as well, and we’ll have the death matches in the beta back in good order shortly — some pathfinding stuff changed in this last update and we need refresh some maps, add some driving combat ones, etc.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Update - Modding Tools Beta
Currently, you will need to own the game on Steam in order to access the tools. To download them, you should head to your Library page and select TOOLS from the list filter. You can then search for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Modding Kit and proceed to download the tools after accepting the Mod Tools License Agreement. Please note that you will need to have the game installed for the tools to work. Likewise, your game version and tool version need to match in order for the tools to operate.

What's up with all those indies' prices lately ?

I will get this game eventually, but will wait till it's $15 at best. There are so many games out there that I never need to pay over $30 for anything. A little patience guarantees a better price and with the economy as it is I need to save my pennies.

Settlements mod for Fallout 4 is getting a Sequel

Gamedec Developer Diary - Character Design
Have you ever wondered what the character concept creation process looks like? We took our time and asked one of our Artists - Magdalena Krasiejko, to tell us more about the whole process behind character creation, from the concept up to the final model. Of course - Magda is not the only Artist in our Team. There are also other talented people who are working on the characters, including Sebastian, which you can remember from the game promo arts.
How an underfunded inexperienced team birthed a PC classic - PC Gamer
For me, System Shock 2 is one of the all-time greats. Tying together sharp storytelling, taut gunplay and RPG character development, all set on a claustrophobic spaceship that drips with horror-inflected tension, it was the gateway to the immersive sim classics to come, such as BioShock, Dishonored, and Prey. For its makers, though, System Shock 2 was a test.

It was the first project by a new studio called Irrational Games, a chance to prove it could deliver a game that matched the calibre of Looking Glass, the developer of the original System Shock, Thief, and other PC classics. "It was probably the most pressure I’ve felt in my life," says Jonathan Chey, one of its three lead developers. "My strongest motivation was not wanting to look like a fool, because we’d never done anything like this before in our lives."

Now, over 20 years later, Chey can say the gamble worked. System Shock 2’s sci-fi horror adventure made Irrational Games’ name, laying the foundation for a future in which it would make the likes of SWAT 4, Freedom Force and, of course, BioShock, and lately, Chey has found himself returning to it for inspiration. At the time, though, it didn’t quite light up the charts. Sure, it was critically lauded, but for Chey and his fellow founders, Ken Levine and Rob Fermier, it was simply enough.

9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil Releasing Next Week

Available on Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, iOS and Android on Tuesday 6th
Vaporum: Lockdown - Windows 7 Fix Available
Hey, guys and gals! After two quick ninja patches in the previous days, we have a bigger patch for you today. Apart from many smaller fixes, the major one is that the game should now work on Windows 7 without a hitch!
The 5 Best & Worst RPGs Released in 2019 According To Metacritic - The Gamer
The RPG genre is perhaps the most impactful genre in the history of gaming. So few games released nowadays that don't include RPG staples, whether that be character progression, looting systems, crafting, or non-linearity. With so much freedom in design comes a lot of experimentation, and it can be very hit or miss.

2019 was an alright year for the genre. We weren't hit with any generation-defining titles that will be remembered for decades, like Skyrim or The Witcher 3, but there were definitely some quality titles that may warrant a revisit down the line. Of course, there were also some not-so-quality titles that do not warrant a visit at all.
10 Turn Based RPGs To Play If You Like The Final Fantasy - The Gamer
The Final Fantasy franchise is one of the most influential in gaming, its impact reaching far beyond the confines of the RPG genre. From the series’ penchant for dramatic storytelling to ever increasing innovations on turn based combat, Final Fantasy is effectively synonymous with “JRPG” at this point. But recent entries in the series have moved away from the core tenets that once defined Square’s golden goose, and Final Fantasy XVI looks to be the franchise’s most radical departure yet.

Final Fantasy may be firm on leaving turn based gameplay behind, but there are plenty of RPGs that show the brilliance of turn based battles. Action RPGs may offer a reflex based challenge, but the best turn based RPGs demand a level of strategic thought that would put even Final Fantasy to shame.
The Viking Way Development Update - Land Combat System
To all Viking leaders! Whether at sea or on land, the Vikings would not have the slightest fear of war. Today, we will tell you about the land combat system.
Edge Of Eternity - New Daryon Design
As announced in early July with the Beta, we are reworking character designs and Daryon is our latest work! Here is a comparative between the two versions, do you have a favorite?

Geneforge 1 Mutagen Trailer - Steam

Geneforge 1 - Mutagen is a truly unique, open-ended fantasy role-playing adventure from Spiderweb Software! Choose between a host of rival factions. Use magic or your deadly pets to crush your enemies. Or, use trickery, diplomacy, and stealth to win the game without ever attacking a foe. Destroy the final boss, or switch sides and join him. Fight alone or create your own army of custom-made mutant monsters.

I really wanted Decay of Logos to not suck. I was looking forward to a not-excessively grim, colorful ARPG. But boy am I glad I waited to read reviews on that one.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gameplay - The Ultimate Preview

Join me as I look at everything we know about Assassin's Creed Valhalla gameplay, including what Ubisoft has shown us, and what we learned from hands-on gameplay impressions. I cover the world of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, the Animus, the combat, stealth, and more.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla "The Ravens Saga" Soundtrack

I share with you the second original soundtrack from Assassin's Creed Valhalla, "The Ravens Saga" composed by Jesper Kyd, Sarah Schachner and Einar Selvik !
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Herbalism Retrospective - Eurogamer
It never occurred to me that the herbs might be real. Why would it? I was used to picking things like Ghost Mushrooms and Dreamfoil, and I'm pretty sure they're not real. And so to me, walking around the wilderness of The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion - what a lovely game that was, and what a lot of walking I did, like some kind of possessed rambler in plate mail - there was nothing particularly notable about ripping handfuls of St. Jahn's Wort and Bergamot out of the ground while I explored. Just another made-up herb, I thought. And who came up with the name St. Jahn's Wort anyway? It sounds disgusting. What is it, shavings?
Black Legend - Steam Autumn Festival Developer Stream
Get an exclusive sneak peak at what lies beyond our Steam Autumn Festival demo by tuning in to our second Developer livestream!

Join our Creative Director once again on a trip through Grant, this time aiding some mysterious women dressed in white with their strange request…

The stream starts October 7th at 7.00 pm CET.
Make sure to be there on time. Those who may only walk the white loathe the unfaithful ones…

Grant us our wish.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Herbalism Retrospective - Eurogamer

This is really funny story - but it can go into the other direction, too ! :lol:

In an recent article an author of a novel taking place in the medieval times admitted that he was shocked to have found out that his poison (?) recipes he had copied from a web page into his book were no real recipes, but instead from a page listing crafting recipes from an RPG ! :lol:

The link might even be here somewhere ...

This is really funny story - but it can go into the other direction, too ! :lol:

In an recent article an author of a novel taking place in the medieval times admitted that he was shocked to have found out that his poison (?) recipes he had copied from a web page into his book were no real recipes, but instead from a page listing crafting recipes from an RPG ! :lol:

The link might even be here somewhere …

Aye just read that - a very fun article :)

Everything You Need To Know About Demons Soul's Remake Gameplay

DemonsSouls originally launched for the PlayStation 3 in 2009, which means that for a lot of players, the Demon's Souls Remake launching on the Playstation 5 in November will be their first experience of the grandfather of all Soulsborne games. What are the main differences between Demon's Souls and Dark Souls? How does World Tendency work? And what the heck is the deal with the sixth broken archstone? Don't worry, if you're new to the Demon's Souls Remake, all will be explained right here
Mass Effect Analysis - The Shared Ownership of Commander Shepard

-- This video contains full spoilers for the Mass Effect trilogy, and depictions of virtual violence and sex --

When Mass Effect launched in 2007, the heroes of western RPGs were typically blank-slate nobodies. But Commander Shepard is different. What does it mean to have a character whose personality and identity is shared between the player and the character?

Last edited:
Remnant: From the Ashes Co-op Design Interview - Gamasutra
David Adams, creative director and president of Gunfire Games, joined us for a quick conversation last week, to explain how the Texas-based game developer was able to break away from the broad standards of live games and woo players with a different kind of shared online world.
ZeniMax Online New MMORPG in the Works - TweakTown
ZeniMax Online, the dev behind Elder Scrolls Online, is currently working on a brand new IP. We've actually known about this for a while: the project was first known in 2018, it's likely another MMORPG, and Colin Campbell, who worked on Jedi: Fallen Order and Mass Effect, has signed up as a level artist.

Now we have a few more details about the project. According to ZeniMax lead graphics engineer Alex Tardiff, the new IP is being built in a fresh new games engine. "Not much to say about this yet, but it's been so much fun creating a brand new engine. With how rare this kind of thing is nowadays, I feel fortunate to be at this studio while we invest heavily in our own technology," Tardiff said on Twitter.

Microsoft's recent buyout of ZeniMax (Bethesda, id, ZeniMax Online, etc) also gives more color to this upcoming project. Tardiff's words align with what Todd Howard says about Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6, both of which are getting a massive engine overhaul for next-gen consoles.
The Way of Wrath Events - Beta 2 Update and Preview of Arena Progress
Instead of the Steam Autumn Festival, we’ll be taking part in Steam Winter Festival. But you’ll still get to play the demo we’d show at the Autumn Festival. We’ll just move it to date aimed a short while after Autumn Festival ends. We expect to start on the 20th~25th of October. With the exact date coming soon. You can join beta here: https://www.thewayofwrath.com/beta . If you already signed up for the previous beta you are good to go, we'll send you the key.

In this demo/beta you’ll play a special combat-focused game mode. (Working title “Arena”. ) You’ll create a party of four characters and fight in life or death rounds against vicious enemies. After each battle, you’ll chill in a special party camp where you can use the loot won in battles to craft weapons, armor, medicine, shaman tools, and more.

Solasta Dev Update #22 - Less than 2 weeks before Early Access
Hey there folks, As we're in our last sprint towards Early Access release, today's Dev Update is going to be much lighter than usual! Still, do keep reading as there is plenty of information you may want to have for our release day. And of course, cat pic!
ATOM RPG - Patch 1.172 Released
Now for the changelog:
- Fixed load times, memory overload and FPS issues;
- Updated the game engine;
- Camera rotation fix for controllers;
- Arina related bug fixed;
- Certain sounds volume fixed;
- Item navigation with controller fixed;
- Doors locking when having sex in Krasnoznamenny fixed;
- Player character now automatically moves aside to let the companion he asked to lockpick for him get to the lock;
- Target indication added to situations when health is being indicated;
- Very rare bug with infinite loading of locations fixed;
- Modding issues fixed;
- Barter window auto-closing in rare situations glitch fixed;
- Cursor issues on Linux fixed;
- Cloud services and sync with Switch, Android and iOS fixed;
- Multiple minor fixes of typos and small bugs;

Thank you for your help and let there be ATOM!
Hades Interview - PC Gamer
"Before we decided anything else, we decided that we wanted to make an Early Access game," says Hades writer and designer Greg Kasavin. It was a surprising approach for indie studio Supergiant after Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre, none of which were developed in Early Access. But that wasn't as surprising as Hades' announcement back in 2018 as a roguelike—not what you'd expect from a studio best-known for its narratives and sumptuous art.

The Outer Worlds Patch 1.4.1 - Release Notes
We have released Patch 1.4.1 for players playing on PC, Xbox consoles, and PlayStation consoles and you should see this the next time you launch The Outer Worlds. This patch is required in order to fix specific issues and apply any changes included. If you do not see this update right away, please know that it may take some time to populate and become available.
The Outer Worlds - Steam Launch Date
The Halcyon Colony will be expanding employment opportunities to players waiting to join through the Steam platform on October 23, 2020.

New players will be able to purchase the game through the Steam store page on that date and will be able to join their Halcyon colleagues as they perform their tasks while exploring the different regions this colony has to offer.

Work will start in two weeks for these new employees, and The Board is excited to welcome them into the Halcyon family.
Phantom Brigade - Alpha Sign Up
Phantom Brigade is a single-player tactical RPG that blends turn-based and real-time gameplay as you command a squad of mech pilots and they attempt to literate their war-torn homeland.

Previously featured on Alpha Beta Gamer way back in 2016, Phantom Brigade is a tactical RPG game where huge mechs blow the crap out of each other in fully destructible environments. In the game you take control of the last surviving squad of mech pilots in a war-ravaged country. You will lead them as they sabotage enemy weapons, recapture equipment and infiltrate facilities as they attempt to recapture their country.
Whalenought Studios - [Quest for help] Visual design for ground items/loot
One visual / UX we’re still pondering is how to best display ground items. Having the inventory items in world scaled to ‘sprite size’ means armor and fuel tanks are larger than your character, and bullets are absolutely tiny on screen.

We have the UI where items nearby the character pop up next to the inventory panel, but we’d still like them to have an in-world presence if possible. Thrown items we’ve conceded will be unique particles instead of the items themselves, for the same reason of the size being too chaotic.

Any suggestions welcome!
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Live-Action Adaptation Announced - Variety
Former Netflix exec Erik Barmack and Prague-based Warhorse Studios are developing a live-action makeover of “Kingdom Come: Deliverance,” a video game set in the Medieval Holy Roman Empire, which has sold over 3 million copies, making it one of the biggest games in its genre.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Development Update #4: Perks and Maps

In this video, we take a look at the progress we are making with perks, before taking a look at some of the new maps and UI changes that will arrive in upcoming beta patches. We hope you enjoy the video, and for those that prefer to read, a text version is available below.
System Shock Remastered Edition Update #74 - Kickstarter
This week, we start with The Bridge concepts by Robb Waters. In creating this level, Robb was deeply inspired by the Neo-Gothic aesthetics with a touch of old school Doom.

In the original level, the environmental textures implied subtle facial elements, with the modernization we didn't want to lose this vibe but instead, we transformed it.

Throughout the Bridge, you will encounter this blend of organic and cybernetic nests of building blocks for SHODAN's networks created by the Nano-Bots.
Cyber Knights - Schedule & Q3 Progress Update
Far too many Kickstarters wait until there are already major problems to update their backers. As we wrap up Q3 of 2020, we want to share our realistic estimates that it is now more likely that the Cyber Knights Alpha will start in Q1 2021 rather than late 2020.

As many other game and movie studios -- big and small -- have found this year, it has been challenging to keep to previously planned schedules. There are many reasons for the slowdown including COVID-19 which has impacted not only on our team but each of our partners. We’ve also made some decisions this year to focus on refining and expanding parts of the game’s foundation, which has traded some time for significant future benefits of features and speed of delivery. This includes rebuilding our UI kit, adding cross-platform cloud sync capability, language translation support and integrating Wwise to achieve both reactive and dynamic music/SFX.

To help everyone stay on the same page, we’ve updated the Progress Bar to reflect the revised timeline. With every update we will continue to share as transparently as we can about any schedule changes and will always post the most up to date Progress Bar in each update so these milestone dates and progress on stretch goals and rewards are all clear.

Torchlight III “Welcome to the Frontier” Trailer

In Torchlight III, it’s been a century since the events of Torchlight II, where the great heroes of old defeated The Dark Alchemist and sealed the Netherlord’s heart inside the Clockwork Core. The heroes brought peace to the world of Novastraia, but now the Ember Empire finds itself on the brink of collapse as it’s under threat of invasion by the Netherim and its allies. To save Novastraia, Torchlight III players will need to gather their wits and brave the frontier in search of fame, glory and new adventures to become the legends the world needs them to be.

Available on Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4 on October 13!
Cyber Knights Gameplay Design & the Cyberpunk Setting

Cyber Knights was one of two games featured in a 24-hour celebration of all things cyberpunk. We did a game preview stream sharing details about the heist-style gameplay design and the original cyberpunk setting 10 years in the making. Lots of viewer questions answered as well. Hope this will help many more cyberpunk fans get the game on their Steam wishlist! Thanks to the Cyberpunk Coalition for featuring us.
Cryptic Studios Interview - Part 1, Part 2
CEO Stephen D’Angelo has been on the Cryptic coaster for 13 of those 20 years. In that time, he’s seen the studio change and grow, along with the MMO industry around him. While there, he saw Cryptic dodge an early bullet, pioneer free-to-play in the PC and console market, and work on some of the biggest IPs in gaming. Of course, that’s no surprise for someone who, before he even started working on video games, had a career that dealt with paper gaming. Over the summer, I chatted with D’Angelo about his time at Cryptic Studios.
Revolution: The Spark Events - The Steam Game Festival: Autumn Edition
We are happy to announce the demo release of our first game: “Revolution: The Spark”.

Here at MOR/ANN games been working hard for slightly more than a year. Our team has been through thick and thin together. On top of the Covid-19 that everyone experienced, our country has also been through a war, and we have been through the stress that comes with it too. However, we did everything that is in our power to provide you with the game where you can explore parts of the beautiful city we have created. In rushing to do so, we didn't manage to meet all our goals.

I'd consider this version, early beta at best, it's very raw. So please, adjust your expectations. That said, we at our team still believe that the game has a huge potential, and we are passionate to reach the best end product that we can share with you guys. Overall the game is in desperate need of polish, and finishing touches to get it to the level it deserves to be at. Please support us if you can, and don't judge our game by its current state.
The Van Helsing team unveils dark fantasy XCOM-alike King Arthur - Eurogamer
I don't know why they didn't just call it Mordred. If you're going for a dark Arthurian vibe, why name it after a fluffy Heath Ledger film? Joust kidding. I'm sure there's a good reason. Maybe Heath's handsomeness didn't get as far as Hungary, and so we've got King Arthur: Knight's Tale instead.

It's the new game from a Hungarian studio called NeocoreGames, which you might know as the maker of the Van Helsing series of action RPGs, or Warhammer 40K Martyr, or, longer ago, the King Arthur series of games. But those Arthur games were different, quite Total Warry. This one, the new one, is more XCOM.
XCOM meets a nightmarish Arthurian legend in King Arthur - PCGamesN
If you’ve ever sat there and thought, ‘The Arthurian legends are great and all, but what they’re missing is a touch of nightmarish horror that turns the promise of the ‘Once and Future King’ into a bleak hellscape’, then you’re in luck. King Arthur: Knight’s Tale is a grim take on the legendary story that’s here to give you just that.

Starpoint Gemini 3 - Delayed & Almost Ready
Hello space captains, As we’ve entered final stages of preparations for the release of version 1.0 , we’ve started very long testing runs to make sure game plays and feels as best as possible. And based on our own assessment and feedback from beta testers, we’ve realized we’re nearly there, but not yet 100% satisfied. There are things that can be made better and we’re introducing changes daily in our internal versions. A bit more of game mechanics polish, balancing and fine tuning is making a huge difference.
Star Traders: Frontiers - Major Milestone "CATALYST" and 45% Off
With Update #232 we're hitting another major milestone, dubbed SCIENCE with huge raft of new content, a new playstyle to chase and a 12% raise to the maximum level cap.

Major Milestone CATALYST introduces the Scientist who can fill the iconic position aboard your starship as your Science Officer or perhaps your xenobiologist or part time xeno hunter. Your Scientist eagerly seeks the unknown -- and in the void the unknown is inexorably intertwined with the dangerous. Along with the Scientist comes an entirely new type of Scientific Intel that can be gathered when encounter xeno, exploring, salvaging or traveling space under terribly conditions such as Radiation Storms.

This Milestone also raises the level cap from 40 to 45 and all jobs have had their max level expanded from 32 to 36. This is a major new infusion of Skill points for everyone and up to 2 new Talents for both Captain and Officers.
Medieval Dynasty - Language Update
Attention Tribe Leaders!

We’ve now added new languages to the game! From now on, you can enjoy your medieval adventure in Russian, Ukrainian, Italian, French, Czech, Turkish, Japanese, Portuguese, and Brazilian Portuguese languages.

And if your language is not on the list, don’t worry. We are also working on adding: Swedish, Dutch, and Simplified Chinese. We will let you know when these languages will be added, so stay tuned to our Social Media channels.
The Viking Way - Hotfix V0.12
Bug Fix: Game-breaking bug when entering combat, when player's ship gets deleted.
Bug Fix: After loading the game, ships' attribute increased.
Bug Fix: Repetitively entering the town. (right after leaving it)
Bug Fix: Supplies reset to 200 after loading.

Reduced the siege force strength.
You can sell or equip the family amulet now.
Friendly ships will cease fire on empty enemy ships.
Reduced ship collision damage.
Remapped keys for quick save/load. now is ctrl+f9 for saving and ctrl+f10 for loading.
Adjusted gift price.
Adjusted price for the Cog ship.
Settings are getting saved now.
Dialog will not be triggered during naval combat now.
Added boarding interval, to avoid repetitive boarding.
Added more fleets on the ocean.

We will fix the city commanding problem in the next update.
Torchlight III Review Roundup

1. Game Informer - 8/10
  2. WCCFTech - 6.5/10
  3. Shacknews - 7/10
  4. Windows Central - 3/5
  5. COGConnected - 68/100
  6. Critical Hit Gaming - 7.5/10

Gamedec release postponed to 2021
During the Kickstarter Campaign, we were fully open with our decision to make Gamedec a community-driven project - We wanted you to be an active factor in helping us create the game you would like to play. We try to keep you informed about the production status and provide you with information about our activities as often as possible.

Right now, two months after the Backer's Build release, we sat down and discussed the feedback many of you provided in the surveys or previews both by press and content creators. We realized that they were sincere, sometimes rough, but always beneficial and mind-opening, hence our decision to postpone the release date.

This made us understand that we're heading in the right direction with the game's production, and our branching system works well, but there is still room for improvement and much work to be done. We know that the decision to delay the release will help us deliver the consistency in the quality of the premise you've backed.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister - The Keys are here
Hello there you beautiful people!

Yesterday was chaotic, wasn't it? Receiving an old Forum URL, getting 3-hit combo'd by empty emails asking you to redeem a non-existant DLC Code… And for that we really apologies, CrowdOx ran into some issues but their support team did their best to fix the problem.

… Which they did! You should now have received both the Steam Game Code and the Steam DLC Code.

Considering the amount of questions we received over the last 24h, here is a guide to understanding the different rewards you received and where to redeem them.
King Arthur: Knight's Tale - Developer Interview and 1,000 Backers reached!
In just two days we’ve reached 1,000 backers and we’re getting close to 40% of our goal! You rock and we cannot thank you enough for your support! Please tell your friends about us and keep getting the word out there!
Path of Exile: Heist Lore Facts - Games Website
Before we get too deep into this, this article is likely to contain spoilers -- both major and minor. Read at your own peril!

Yep, Yakuza: Like A Dragon Is Gonna Be Great

Yakuza: Like A Dragon is a new direction for the much loved franchise, and if my ten hours with it is anything to go by, I don't think fans will be disappointed.
King Arthur: Knight's Tale - FAQ update and Social goals
We can't be grateful enough for all the support you've given us in these past three days! Knight's Tale is already 40% funded - and we do not plan to stop! Of course, it all couldn't have happened without you, the amazing backers and followers of the project
SKALD: Against the Black Priory - Beta 1.2.0 and Combat Revision
The beta build (1.2.0) is up on itch.io for testers right now! SKALD has gotten a huge update to its combat system (as well as some new features) and I can’t wait for you to have a look at it!
Why Obsidian's New Vegas 2 Could Save Fallout's Setting - Gamerant
With the recent acquisition of Zenimax by Microsoft, rival RPG giants Bethesda and Obsidian Entertainment are finally under one roof. For fans of Fallout, this is great news, as it makes an Obsidian-made sequel to 2010’s Fallout: New Vegas more likely than it’s been in years.
Dragon Age 4 Has Big Implications for the Darkspawn and Thedas - Gamerant
The Darkspawn were a looming demonic threat in Dragon Age: Origins, but it might be Dragon Age 4 that finally pulls back the veil on the Blight to reveal the true nature and origins of these creatures. Different factions in Dragon Age have their own explanations for the origins of the Darkspawn, but there are a few big hints Dragon Age that fans have got in recent games that point to some big answers coming in the next installment.
Outriders is Leading the Starfield, Mass Effect 5 Pack - Gamerant
Outriders is the upcoming third-person RPG shooter from People Can Fly. The game is set for release on February 2, 2021, which could give it a significant advantage among the other sci-fi games with RPG elements coming out on the next-gen consoles.

This generational transition has left open a particularly big window for sci-fi RPGs and studios that want to take advantage. Two major developers, Bethesda and BioWare, are also releasing sci-fi RPGs on the next-generation consoles, but there are a few reasons Outriders may be able to lead the pack.

I played about two hours of Yakuza 0. It's such a weird, jarring experience. There's this elaborate, gritty crime story going on. The it suddenly switches into an old-feeling arcade style beat 'em up type game for a few minutes. Then back to the gritty realism.

It... didn't click for me. I still might give it another chance.

@FizzyShellfish; - yeah, it does that. The main quest is deadly serious (or maybe I should say "main quests" - each character has his own). The side quests are mostly for laughs.

I remember the first few hours being pretty confusing (and having an awful time figuring out that you save the game by going to a phone booth) but, once I got a handle on who's who, it got really fun.

The beat-m-up is the battle system. That expands a lot into 6 different styles (3 per main character).

Back
Top Bottom