Dragon Age 4 - Gamescom 2020 Trailer

Doesn't really tell you anything new, other than they're working on it. Just wait and see, I guess.

At least it's more footage and screen time then the EA Live event that had just just a few pictures. My guess is development is slow and they released something to placate fans.

No expectations for me... just happy they're working on another Dragon Age. If it's good then awesome - I'll play it. And if it sucks, on to the next game by another studio.

It's called early development. Seems many have forgotten it was scrapped by EA and re-started development over again. The last share holder meeting mentioned April 2022.

Link - https://kotaku.com/the-past-and-present-of-dragon-age-4-1833913351
In a fiscal yearly earnings call for EA's Q2 2020 report, chief operating and financial officer Blake Jorgensen said Dragon Age 4 will "probably" release after the studio's fiscal year of 2022.

Yeah, a pretty hollow corporate puff piece, to let us know that Bioware and the franchise are still with us, and haven't been taken out to the swamp with a bin bag and some bricks.

No expectations for me… just happy they're working on another Dragon Age. If it's good then awesome - I'll play it. And if it sucks, on to the next game by another studio.
Hard to admit that's true as I used to eagerly await playing every Bioware release.:(

Yeah, a pretty hollow corporate puff piece, to let us know that Bioware and the franchise are still with us, and haven't been taken out to the swamp with a bin bag and some bricks.
I'm remembering the the old joke memes from years past.:lol:

Havent+bothered+to+check+out+the+trailer+yet+hows+ea+_771cbd148dc887b84a06a90512926072.jpg fu4kobwqyd111.jpg

I've enjoyed playing DA games, but I also wouldn't lose any sleep over it if there was never another one. They're pretty bland games, overall. There are plenty of other things going on that are a lot more interesting.

I enjoyed playing Dragon Age: Origins, which is the only game in this series that I acknowledge. I might be due yet another playthrough in the next year or three, just to relive those great memories once again.

That's not a trailer. Heck, I'm not sure there's even enough content in it to call it a teaser. Perhaps a vision statement, maybe?

Well the official name of the video is Dragon Age 4 - Official Behind the Scenes Teaser Trailer. It was not meant to show off game-play but talk about the making of the game.
Go behind-the-scenes at BioWare and meet some of the passionate developers creating the next Dragon Age. Get a glimpse at new environments and characters as the team discusses how they are approaching the development of this epic fantasy RPG.
Anyway sorry about that I'm going in circles again.:biggrin:

Well I watched the PR video and now I am even more not anticipating Dragon Age. What the developers had to say left me with the feeling that it will be more of the same nonsense.

What was that bit about exploring what happens when you don't have power?? That worries me. Maybe they are just talking about the start of the game? Because, if there isn't SOME sort of power build up, it's going to get frightfully boring.

Ah well, there's just one question that matters and we won't get the answer to that for quite some time...

Enchantment?

Sad how quickly this series fell for me.

DAO I played and completed 3 times.
DA2 took me 3 attempts before I could stick with it and finish it.
DA3 I’ve attempted more than 3 times but have failed to stick with it long enough to complete it.
Doesn’t bode well for a DA4 but I’ll keep an open mind.

I wish they would have just built on DAO for DA2. Added classes, races, loot , monsters and better character progression. Then continued with the grey warden story line, maybe looking for a cure. The whole mages vs Templar religious crap bores me to death.

Earlier this year I completed a full play-through of Dragon Age Inquisition (DA3) and it was great. I enjoyed DA1 a whole lot when it was first released, and DA2 was only so-so, but DA3 is one of my favorite games. So I'm looking forward to DA4, though it will probably be a while.

After Andromeda, I promised myself that I will never buy another Bioware game again. I am happy to see that it will not be difficult to keep this promise. This studio insults people's intelligence with their stupid hollywoodinized cross-species love stories and world-saving plots.

Hopefully it'll only be another 3 or 4 sequels before the dumb sods at Bioware figure out that 90% of the Dragon Age fans just want a proper sequel to Origins, with similar gameplay & style etc.

Back
Top Bottom