Tainted Grail - In Early Access

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Tainted Grail is now available in Early Access on Steam.

TAINTED GRAIL: EARLY ACCESS NOW AVAILABLE!
Today is the big day! Today we finally share with you the Early Access version of Tainted Grail, and we couldn't be more excited about it. We probably couldn't be more stressed about it, too :D

This was an extremely long journey for us... We've spent almost 2 years of our lives on this game, learning as we went. The project kept evolving, the team kept growing, and we've all learned so much from working on this title that it's almost unbelievable.

And when we think back on how it all started - we're really proud and honestly amazed that our company actually got to this point.

You see, the journey of Awaken Realms was much, much longer than our two years. The company was formed about six years ago in the basement of an old house located in a small village near Wrocław, Poland. At first, it was run by two guys (they say they were "extremely passionate about games and stories," but they are just geeks, like all of us! :D) with zero capital and no experience whatsoever. But they decided to start a miniature-painting studio... and we're pretty sure they never would've thought that, in time, their company will be able to break Kickstarter with its board games and start working on ambitious digital games!

A lot happened on this 6-year-long journey from painting miniatures, and most importantly, a lot of talented people joined the company and managed to create some great games... or even open up a board game pub in our city :D

And so, we at Awaken Realms Digital, are incredibly proud to share with you an early access version of Tainted Grail. The first video game Awaken Realms ever started working on - and the first one we're publicly launching!

You can imagine why this feels exciting and stressful at the same time. We've worked days and nights, we've put our hearts into this game, and we are incredibly proud of what we've been able to achieve.

We REALLY hope you're going to enjoy Tainted Grail!

But OK, we probably got a little carried away with this intro... Let's write a little bit more about what is waiting for you inside this Early Access!

TAINTED GRAIL: CONQUEST

As we announced before - our main focus during early access is going to be Conquest, our narrative-driven rogue-lite/RPG hybrid. An endless game mode, we're going to support with regular updates all the way until our proper launch.

Here's the introduction to Conquest's storyline!

[...]

More information.

Don't care for the graphic style at all. It's like low detail everything and that's a big turn off for me. I also don't play deck building games, but the graphics are the main detractor.

I'm hoping to play this, this weekend. I played the previous alpha and really liked it, but some of the changes they made, I'm less certain of. We'll see.

Don't care for the graphic style at all. It's like low detail everything and that's a big turn off for me. I also don't play deck building games, but the graphics are the main detractor.

Really? I'm not seeing much, if any, in game stuff but it looks like it has an Icewind Dale feel about it.

i do too dislike deck games but yet this looks quite intriguing

I would buy this in a second, if it weren't a deck-of-cards game.

I own the board game and have been playing it with friends, although our campaign has been interrupted by the coronavirus and it's unclear when (if ever) it will start back up. But it's an interesting game with a lot of story and lore. Not sure how closely the computer game will follow the rules, but if we were talking about the board game I wouldn't remotely call it a deckbuilding game. But it does use cards for both combat and diplomacy and the rules around those cards are pretty complex and like nothing I've ever seen before. Almost more like solving a puzzle. It is very abstract so if you don't like that you won't like the game. I'd say the heart of the game is exploration and the choose your own adventure style encounters though, and not the combat. There is also a very heavy survival element which some consider the weakest part of the board game, not sure if that will make it to the computer version.

I don't care about visuals much if the game is fun. But…
Procedurally generated world – every time you start a new run, you will find different things on your way!
Imagine if your paycheck was a random sum of money. Of course, noone here has enough luck to win lottery otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum in the first place, right?

Not buying the random generator product.

I don't care about visuals much if the game is fun. But…

Imagine if your paycheck was a random sum of money. Of course, noone here has enough luck to win lottery otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum in the first place, right?

Not buying the random generator product.

You really have a hard time figuring out the difference between random and procedural. This has scenarios that are added based on a formula, not totally random. Don't buy it, you win.

Back
Top Bottom