Raji: An Ancient Epic - Has a Demo

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamer reports that Raji: An Ancient Epic now has a playable demo.

[...]

Raji stars, well, Raji, a young girl cloaked in red on a mission to save her brother from demon lord Mahabalasura. As Nodding Heads explains on the game's Kickstarter, its stunning world its based on Hindu and Balinese mythology and uses hand-painted scenes as the basis for its art. To get the look just right, its developers actually visited Rajasthan and Bali for reference.

You can really see that authenticity in the demo. The introductory level—or at least what I assume to be the introductory level—is set atop a crumbling, overgrown temple, all budding moss and collapsed stone. Areas are punctuated with elaborate murals, towering statues and stained-glass aisles, a thick cloud blanket bobbing in the background.

[...]

More information.

The music and art are amazing. The attention to detail is breathtaking, even her staff is beautiful without being overdone (Korea I'm looking at you). Although the combat seems familiar, I'll probably give the demo a go, just to look and listen to the wonderful world they've created.

Okay this line is just stupid "You can really see that authenticity in the demo." Really? I've never been to Rajasthan or Bali, like 99% of the world's population, so I wouldn't recognize it's authenticity if it shouted at me. I couldn't tell it from fantasy.

If they're going for authenticity and realism, how about not having a girl in a red dress fighting and if she is in a dress, it should be torn to shreds after one battle. Outside of the realism and authenticity claims, it seemed like your typical action game like Path of Exile or Titan Quest or something.

Last edited:
Okay this line is just stupid "You can really see that authenticity in the demo." Really? I've never been to Rajasthan or Bali, like 99% of the world's population, so I wouldn't recognize it's authenticity if it shouted at me. I couldn't tell it from fantasy.

If they're going for authenticity and realism, how about not having a girl in a red dress fighting and if she is in a dress, it should be torn to shreds after one battle. Outside of the realism and authenticity claims, it seemed like your typical action game like Path of Exile or Titan Quest or something.

The population of Rajasthan is about 70+ million so thats about 1.2% of world population. So you are wrong, more than 1% of world population has been to Rajasthan!

Also I never been to Egypt but I can tell something about Egypt is authenticity or not at layman level!

However I agree that this does looks like typical hack and slash, which isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Is this another case of you waking up on the wrong side of the bed? :lol:

I for one am looking forward to seeing different cultures myths in game instead of the usual stuff. You never know, it can be breath of fresh air!

Yep, and I sleep against a wall! Okay, I really hate people saying authentic in a game with lightning bolts and magic, etc. It's silly. That fireball looked just like a real one!

The Avatar signage does not lie. I'm a grumpy role player :D

Yep, and I sleep against a wall! Okay, I really hate people saying authentic in a game with lightning bolts and magic, etc. It's silly. That fireball looked just like a real one!

I know what you mean. :) They simply had to say they are borrowing stuff from Rajasthan culture and hoping that might breath some fresh air into their game!

I am sort of interested but this doesn't look Indian enough for me...

Well, I'm from the States and we have no culture :D

Well, I have travelled through Rajasthan a fair bit and this doesn't really remind me of it at all. There are some Mughal architectural cues in there that sort of echo some of the forts you'll find in various places, but otherwise I agree that it doesn't feel very Indian to me but if I had to put a finger on it, I'd say it has a more Southern India vibe (architecture aside).

That all said, it is still a very pretty game and I'm intrigued!

Oh yeah, I'm not against the game at all, just the statement I whined about :D I may give the demo a look at some point too.

Skipped along the vid and saw the babe fighting the exact same monster (?) over and over again using the same skills over and over again. Nice music and look though, I agree.

Did someone try that demo?
Or all went let's watch some streams/teasers/trailers chien-mode? :evilgrin:

If they're going for authenticity and realism, how about not having a girl in a red dress fighting and if she is in a dress, it should be torn to shreds after one battle.

Listen here. If I was fighting in a red dress it would be thick felt or many linen layers glued together. Looking awesome and still not totally shredded.

Back
Top Bottom