The SWTOR thread

I'm not a fan of that mount colors… It's a bit too flashy for my taste.

The community event pack also gives you a random idem (seems dyes drop the most, that's what I got on my 4 characters), all bound to character to avoid exploit (each character you create get the pack).

My Sith Warrior got a pink+purple dye with pink being the dominant color. His reaction was Nope!

Well, other Cantina Events will have other mounts. With other colours. Look into the Collection for more.
Another rare random drop seems to be a huge statue … ;) (Not wating to spoil anyone …)

Besides, I did create a new toon in SWTOR, on Harbinger, because I was invited to join someone …
My new character is a Smuggler called Alrikadaram. Level 10 right now.

Still playing SWTOR as well. Used this last week of double XP to play through the Shadow of Revan expansion with my Jedi Sentinel (DPS). It was a horrible experience compared to my Jedi Sage.
Sage is so much more fun. Once you have gotten used to AoE-forcequaking the shit out of everything, fighting mobs 1 on 1 as the Sentinel has to, just feels extremely tedious.
Anyway, finished SoR, brought my Sentinel to level 60 (thanks to double XP long before finishing the expansion actually), put him in level 60 basic gear (186 rating) and his healer companion (Doc) in the "devoted allies" 192 rated gear and now I'm glad to be back on my Sage.

I'm about "finished" with the game for now. The only thing left to do is grind Elite/Ultimate commendations or do ops for the real high level gear. I don't really want to get into ops since you probably need a guild and way more time than I have.
So I think I'll just be doing the weekly quests for a while now and the events. The current bounty week is kind of fun.
My Sage is in fully augmented 186/192 mixed gear so -ignoring ops- I'm about maxed out for now.
Oh, and I'm missing one final datacron... the one from the Republic fleet so got to try my luck one of these weekends when many people are online to see if we can form a group for that one. It was easier when the game was new... just gotta get lucky, I guess.

And then I'll probably quit until the next expansion comes around... the whole gear grind is kinda pointless anyway since the much desired 192/198 etc. rated gear will be crap -over night- once a new expansion and level cap is introduced.

Sentinel/Marauder are kind of a slug to play. That's why my Vanguard (Tactics) almost overtook my Sith Marauder in level when I was subbed last year despite spending way more time on said Marauder. Apparently, the Guardian/Jugg AC is better.

I'm also kind of surprised by the few gameplay changes done to the game since release too. Most MMOs revamp everything overtime, but SWTOR old stuff looks exactly the same. Hell, GW2 is going toward it's 3rd leveling revamp, trait acquisition are changing again...for the 3rd time or 4th time if you count beta.

.I'm also kind of surprised by the few gameplay changes done to the game since release too. Most MMOs revamp everything overtime, but SWTOR old stuff looks exactly the same. Hell, GW2 is going toward it's 3rd leveling revamp, trait acquisition are changing again…for the 3rd time or 4th time if you count beta.

Yes. And many old issues remain unfixed, too. For example, as I said, I went to collect all Datacrons on my relatively new Sage and it's still the same old annoying jump'n'run crap in a game that is totally not made for jump'n'run.
I've literally gotten stuck or fallen from bouncing off invisible ledges hundreds of times. The constant clipping and poor collision detection is unbelievable. I'd love to see some stats how often people are using "/stuck" every day.

They really should give the game a good general overhaul starting way down at the bottom. A lot of the content could use some revision including the typical MMO-ish world design. They should really open up some passages (shortcuts) and make some ways a little shorter. Those massively lame timesink world design "features" don't really make all that much sense anymore in a sub-free game.

In addition they should also maybe try a little harder with new content, too. It's very obvious they recycled many assets for Shadow of Revan. I'm also not a big fan of soloing flashpoints for the story content. Feels kind of dumb when you can re-run them daily later on. At least the story content should be unique (per character).
It's also a little sad how they repeated mistakes like the above mentioned collision stuff. Heck, there are simple stairs on Yavin that you can not run or drive up without the requirement of a little jump so you won't get stuck on some invisible texture seam. The world makes a pretty unpolished impression as if they slapped it together rather lackluster style.

Which server are you on ?

Edit : New ability from the PTS : Jedi Watchman : "Accelerating Victory" LOL ! :lol:

Last edited:
In addition they should also maybe try a little harder with new content, too.

I get the feeling that most of the team was moved to Shadow Realms until it was cancelled and the team was brought back to SWTOR in December/January so we might see improvements in the later half of this year.

But…if we exclude 3.2 which release soon, they haven't talked about anything for the rest of the year outside of one new playable race (Togruta), that FallenEmpire thingy that will be revealed at pre-E3 and that they have a plan for a not!CrossServer system at some point.

Wenn, Dulfy has a lot of stuff (mostly pictures) from the SWTOR Cantina Event at Anaheim (Annaheim ?).

There'll be a new Stronghold on Yavin 4, and it looks as if they were in part following an idea I had once written into their "suggestions" forum.

Which server are you on ?

Edit : New ability from the PTS : Jedi Watchman : "Accelerating Victory" LOL ! :lol:

Hi Alrik,

I started on the PvP server The Tomb of Freedon Nadd back when the game was fairly new and when it did not even have character transfers yet. Big mistake ;) . I got ganked all the time while questing. It was pretty horrible… so when they introduced character transfers, I immediately took the opportunity to switch to a PvE server and my active characters are all on Red Eclipse now. It's much more relaxing there.
I don't think I really want to know what running dailies on Yavin is like on a PvP server. That must be nuts unless there is some kind of unspoken gentleman non-aggression pact in place and people just leave each other alone.
Even then… it probably only works until Friday/Saturday night when all the drunkard gankers are on for the lulz. No thanks. I'm a happy PvE'er now :) .

Considering all the server-merge request I see on the official forums, the PvP servers have very low population these days (at least the NA ones). I doubt there is much PvP going on them.

The funny part, the PvPers are requesting to be merged to the RP servers (the largest ones). Nothing change with PvPers…

——
On another subject, I respecced my Shadow (my character from release days) into a Tank again after finding the other discipline was too fragile and OMG! I'm in love again (even just doing boring dailies). Shadow Tank used to take forever to kill stuff in the early days but now they destroy stuff on top of being practically immortal with a Healer Companion.

Yes, but exactly this thing is also resulting in frustration in the PvP forums as well : Tanks being able to produce quite a lot of damage - even in "tank stance" while wearing "DPS gear" …

They are constantly writing "DPS" instead of "DD" in the forums there, by the way …

I think I'm going to write a post there about "pressure compositions" in PvP and the resulting play style in general … The interesting thing is that everyone is so great with maths, analysing damage, healing and what not - but the WHOLE community utterly fails at one point : Psychology.

They are able to predict FOTM classes, but they are unable to see that their forum entries virtually create these FOTMs.
Or, in other words, if they had not written so much about FOTMs, the no-one would know about it.

And in my thread here I already wrote about different play styles and mentalities …

And right now, the boat seems to be swinging towards the imperial faction even more. I bet that at the end of SWTOR, there is not much of Republic side players left. Not only is the number of imperial faction playes exeeding republic faction players so much in PvP,
but now it's also so that certain classes (Bounty Hunters) are said to be an "must have" in end game raids, and people openly admit that swtitching towards the imperial faction makes it "so much easier". http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=808382

Besides, "Rise Of The Emperor" is now there : http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/4282015/game-update-3.2-rise-emperor

I bet that at the end of SWTOR, there is not much of Republic side players left.

People keep on saying that there are more people on the Imp side, but from what I've seen in the last week looking at planet/fleet population while playing, my server seems to have more Pubs than Imps (Jedi Covenant). At least up-to level 36, I don't have a Imp higher than that. What seems to be happening is that competitive players (raids/PvP) all rolls Imps. It's probably psychological (along with Pubs being more often than not bugged more than Imps).

There is also an info-graphic made last November by the devs that shows 30 118 413 Imp characters vs 29 793 300 Pub ones created. That's a 0.542653487% difference.

Double posting because nobody posted here since me.

With the x12 XP, I finally finished the Sith Warrior storyline with a Marauder that I started like in January 2012. I loathe the class gameplay, the companions are so-so and chapter 2 was not that interesting so being able to speed through was really nice. I must admit Vowrawm is probably the bestest Dark Council member I got the chance to meet though. I also found the final quest satisfying. :D I was just a bit sad by the Sith Warrior story was basically "everyone personal assassin".

Now I'm moving to my "in chapter 2" Vanguard Trooper. I actually like the Vanguard Trooper gameplay a lot and I find the story much more interesting so far. For The Republic!

I'm playing with the 12x boost as well, and I'm struggling to stay interested. The boost more or less underlined how weak the overall design of the game is.

It's just good for people who want to see all the class quests (sometimes multiple times if you like them a lot). Like me. I'm not even interested in the expansion content.

I do agree that the boost highlight certain bad aspect of the game.

Once I'm done with the class stories (or to take a break), I'm going to move to something else. Might look at FFXIV again, I left a few weeks after release because I got pissed at elitist jerks on my servers despite liking the game. I'm amazed that people claim everyone is helpful now, maybe those guys left. Otherwise there is the new progression server for Everquest that opens next week, I might be masochist enough to try it (but it clash with TW3 release). I'm also keeping an eye on GW2 expansion, but that look far off.

I've started a new character on Harbinger. His name is "Alrikadaram".
He is level 24 now, soon 25.

EA press conference will have SWTOR news. You know the enigmatic Fallen Empire well EA press release about what the conference will have have this description:

The largest story-driven expansion to date, Knights of the Fallen Empire, marks a renewed focus on cinematic storytelling in Star Wars: The Old Republic. The expansion will deliver on the hallmarks of what makes a great BioWare™ game: new worlds to explore, new companions to recruit, and a dynamic story that players will be able to shape based on the choices they make.

edit:

Well, looks like EA got lots of money from Disney. They made another CGI trailer (screencap tease).

Last edited:
What's astonishing is in this picture is that both main persons are clothed in either "dark" or "light" clothing - which is interesting, since clothing in Star Wars was often - although not always - connected with Force association (Luke Skywalker was black clothed although he was Light Side - one very rare exception).

I'll probably resub to play this a few months after it has been released unless the reviews are totally horribad. Beggars can't be choosers. There is nothing else out there except for the very lame Battlefront rehash later this year and the unknown Visceral game (please be good).
So once that Star Wars game itch requires scratching again, I'm guessing this is it.
It doesn't surprise me that they are talking about the "largest story-driven expansion to date". It seems that Shadow of Revan was a smashing success so it's nice to see that they are (hopefully) investing those profits in improving upon their content delivery.

They had announced that they want to focus more on stoiry again. And that was somewhen during the Revan Expansion thing (which is in fact a bit bigger than it looks like, because of its Prelude "Forged Alliances").

If you resub, then you could use one of those "referral codes", which can be used by resubbers as well. I mean, that Kurtob Alliance speeder … ;)

I don't have one, I don't even quite understand how it works.

If I were you, I'd take one of these Star Wars Anaheim SWTOR Event codes as soon as possible, because there is that interesting looking speeder connected to it : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=807519

These work like a "snowball system" : Anyone who uses such a code gets a new code which can be used by 5 people who get their own codes which can be used by 5 people per code … Nice thing, if you ask me.

Drawback : This works only 60 days after the Anaheim SWTOR Event, so it'll run out soon, I assume ( I don't have any exact dates in my memory anymore).

Edit : SWTOR web page says it took place on April, 18th. So you'd better be quick !

Edit : Oh, I knew I had already been writing about this … Well, nevermind …

Back
Top Bottom