Chronos - Official Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The official trailer for the Chronos, the RPG that is launched only for Oculus, has been released.

Gunfire Games Releases The Official Trailer For Chronos

Third-Person RPG Rift Launch Title Will Be Available March 28

AUSTIN, TX, March 23, 2016 – Gunfire Games, a leading independent developer of video games, today released the official trailer for Chronos, their Virtual reality role-playing game available only on Oculus. The hardware and the game both launch on March 28.

Chronos is an atmospheric RPG that chronicles a hero's lifelong quest to save their homeland from a great evil.  Grow wiser, stronger and more powerful as you explore the depths of the mysterious labyrinth. But beware, the labyrinth takes a heavy toll – each time your hero dies, they lose a year of their life!

Adventure RPG - Refreshing combination of Adventure Game elements and RPG mechanics.

VR - Explore an atmospheric fantasy world in full Virtual Reality.  An unparalleled level of immersion, scale and detail!

Deep Combat – A variety of weapons, abilities and powers are available to the player in the pursuit of their quest. 

Unique Aging Mechanic – Every time the player dies they age one year.  Player's must adapt to their advancing age as they progress their character; starting the game young, nimble and quick, and ending wise and more attuned to magic.

More information.

RPG that is launched only for Oculus
You mean only for hotel owners. :evilgrin:

Maybe it's good, maybe not, I'm keeping my fingers crossed it fails. While I might sound evil, after MMO craze, then phone craze I simply don't want to live through another plague spamming garbage over real games.

Besides that, a leading independant developer my arse.
For all I know, none of indie hits including recent Stardew Valley were not made by that anonymous company up there. But wait, I'm not sure completely, maybe those guys there made Flappy Bird.

I want to see VR succeed, but I think you're right, Joxer - it's going to be mostly very shallow stuff for a while. It's going to be a bit like early Wii games, relying on the novelty of the controller.

I think, though, it could be pretty amazing for games like Elite and Eve. I'd like to try it, but I want to see better prices and more comfortable-looking designs. I'm not interested in a battle helmet that hurts after twenty minutes of play.

Also, I will need to consider security arrangements in the man-cave. I can't have people coming in and doing amusing things to me while I'm lost in a distant galaxy.

Also, I will need to consider security arrangements in the man-cave. I can't have people coming in and doing amusing things to me while I'm lost in a distant galaxy.

That is an odd statement, as I get older I wish people would come in and do amusing things to me lol......

I want to see VR succeed, but I think you're right, Joxer - it's going to be mostly very shallow stuff for a while. It's going to be a bit like early Wii games, relying on the novelty of the controller.
That might actually work out well for me. I've got a Rift on order but I've still got a 780-not-TI card that isn't going to be able to run it real well. (I'm waiting for the Pascal NVIDIA cards to show up… and waiting… and waiting.) It might be able to deal with a game like this, though.

That aging mechanic sounds interesting!

Do I read this correctly, they made a game that won't play on monitors but only vr headsets? If so, how unbelievably deluded and arrogant.

That might actually work out well for me. I've got a Rift on order but I've still got a 780-not-TI card that isn't going to be able to run it real well. (I'm waiting for the Pascal NVIDIA cards to show up… and waiting… and waiting.) It might be able to deal with a game like this, though.

I suspect you'll be fine with a card like that. The VR headsets are designed to run at 90hz for each eye to avoid motion sickness, requiring an effective framerate of 180fps. The only way that's going to work out, for the time being, is to cut down the graphics of VR titles to the level of much older games.

I'm sure there will be exceptions that push the envelope, and games that are not VR-first, like Elite, will obviously require monstrous hardware to deliver the required performance. We're talking top-end cards in SLI. There's such a tiny enthusiast market with that kind of horsepower that I'm sure most games will be cut down to run on more standard hardware.

Back
Top Bottom