Champions of Anteria - Action Strategy RPG

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer has previewed Champions of Anteria - an Action Strategy RPG that was planned as a Settlers game first:

Champions of Anteria: the action RPG with a clever non-linear campaign

In late 2014, the new Settlers game was mauled in public beta. Mihnea Dragoman remembers the negative feedback and describes how they redesigned the game completely to fix it, almost stripping out the city building altogether. “We took a step back and realised that it was no longer a Settlers experience,” he says “There was no point in tricking the players by calling it that.” The Settlers: Kingdoms of Anteria was no more, and Champions of Anteria was born.

Dragoman is the game’s Creative Director. He’s showing me the revamped title today, as well as giving me a couple of hours to play it myself. The game looks straightforward—an action RPG where you control cartoony heroes—but is in fact one of those cross-genre titles that’s hard to pin down.

[...]
More information.

Scrapped Settlers my arse.
Ubisoft smelled $ in genre they've been avoiding for years and now they need a small door to enter the market.

Lemme be a parrot once again.
If there is season pass, I'll skippit. Releaseday purchase of everything without months of wait for whatever DLC, I'll buy.

Completely forgot about this game after sharing a few links on the forum. All I can say is after playing the Alpha I agree with the developer as it was definitely not settlers game.

Anyway I hate to say but the Settlers IP is dead after the last few games.:(

I see that vegan did a lot of bulking.

Thanks but no thanks

Looks like single-player WoW.
Might give it a try once it gets bundled or a very deep discount.
Definitely not a day one purchase.

I think if this was the vibe of game one was looking for, they might do a lot better with Folk Tale. It's starting to look really promising (the recent reviews are 1000% better than when it first launched on early access) and the devs are working nonstop to add a whole lot of content. Plus, there's no risk of being swindled and strongarmed by Ubisoft. :)

Back
Top Bottom