Fallout 76 - E3 Trailer

The question is who'll be watching. ;)

Not me. I won't be streaming, watching, or playing. I was just doing my Chien impression to see who would notice.

Last edited:
Does not look interesting to me at all. I didn't buy Fo4 and I will certainly not buy this one, and since it is always online I will not even get to try it so to better bash it.
I guess my bashing will be based on watching twitch.tv gameplay

Wow, so it turned out to be an online garbage game in the end?

How massively disappointing. Thanks goodness I'll always have the first three Fallout games to play, at least!!!

I for one have enjoyed every single Fallout game. If this is simply a new Fallout, with the option to play with friends, I am totally down. Now what I *hope* is that the world is given the same attention as any Fallout release, and not simply bloated to fill space. HOWEVER; Bethesda consistently proves themselves.. I think it really will be quality.

Repeat after me: "It's a Rust clone. It's not Fallout 5."

If you like the survival genre, you might like Fallout 76. There's no need to delude yourself with what you would like Bethesda to do with the Fallout license. It's shown to be pointless.

The best part of the presentation is when Tod Howard announced that Fallout 76 would be online only, and more then half the audience was not happy at all.
Howard did an incredible job of communicating the concept of this game to a player-base that might not interested in playing an online version of Fallout. "It's a little bit scary," he admitted, but tried to communicate that it was a journey he hoped to take with a community used to single-player experiences.
Then he goes all out in a compassionate voice that he understands this is new territory for Fallout, but he needs his rabid fanboys to understand the change.

I'd say that is quite telling, why not lead with that information? Saving it until the very end sounds sneaky and deceptive to me. Wait, it doesn't sound that way, it is that way!!!

Another thing that always bothers is most developers saying "well you can play solo if you really want to". No shit Sherlock but that's not the problem now is it.

Look here's a lesson for them you see playing solo in an online only game is not the same as playing solo in a game designed for single-player. Marketing at it's best.

If this is game cannot be properly enjoyed as a traditional single player, then I guess that's why they aren't calling in Fallout 5. It might be better to see it as more of a spin-off than the next game in the series, just like ESO is separate from from the Elder Scrolls series. It doesn't mean the end of the Fallout franchise as we know it, it just means it's gotten even broader. No once was expecting another fallout game, so it's not like it's replaced anything.

If it is on-line only, I certainly won't be playing it. The same goes for Stalker 2 :(

WTF does playing solo in an online only game even mean?
Playing online by yourself and not in Co-Op or with others on a server.

Which is usually boring as hell in MMO games due to their design. I can still remember playing WoW on a private server solo, and basically seeing how it's not designed for it.

I played solo in ESO for 3 months. It was fun. I play solo in 7 days to die and Conan Exiles and it's fun. It depends on how the content is generated. I'm online but not connected to a server in 7 Days. It's just Steam verifying my game or whatever. However, I've played several MMO-type survival games that are just boring with little to do if you don't group up and/or you will just be fodder for PVP groups. Time will tell. If I can't play where the online folks are unable to affect my character, then I won't play at all. If I can solo, then I'll definitely be interested.

We know that all games you played longest times were those with no boobs. :p

I like to keep abreast of what's going on.

Saying you can play it solo and having game design toward the solo experience are two very different things. If the settlements are playing a larger role and really require group efforts to get involved with, then the solo experience is not only hampered, but annoys those on the server trying to make a difference.

But if you can load up a solo game that's tuned for that experience, even if you're still technically online, that's a whole different ballpark.

Sadly I expect it'll be the former. For me, Fallout is an immersive exploration experience and this footage makes me want to explore it. I hope I can do so without a chat window debating modern politics in increasingly vulgar language, or a bunch of people running in and insta-killing the boss I'm listening to monologue. Etc.

Well, if you pre-order the $79.99 version from Amazon, not only do you get a neato Power Armor helmet, but you get a special emote that only pre-orderers can have! Goodness, I almost hurled typing that. I'd have to name my character Special Ed.

Well, if you pre-order the $79.99 version from Amazon, not only do you get a neato Power Armor helmet, but you get a special emote that only pre-orderers can have! Goodness, I almost hurled typing that. I'd have to name my character Special Ed.

Ha! They may as well kickstart it. Next tier you get a special mini khajiit pet.

I personally think a power armor helmet without a full power armor looks stupid, but okay. Anyways, they should call it the "Fallout 76 Power Armor Helmet Edition" for the sake of clarity. Rolls right off the tongue if you ask me.

(OOH oh oh… Maybe we can sue them, and force them to ship a real power armor to us?)

Back
Top Bottom