Bethesda's E3 reveals.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
These are my impressions of the titles Bethesda revealed at E3 yesterday. They're only first impressions based on the limited information and footage revealed, so don't interpret them as any kind of review or final opinion.

Without further ado…

:thumbsup: = Gimme!

:| = Don't really care either way

:thumbsdown: = WTF is this?

Fallout 76 - Reveal - :|

Given that I was originally expecting nothing more than another smaller spinoff game like Fallout Shelter, I can't really be too disappointed. I lost interest after they revealed it's going to be online and co-op focused, but I expect it'll be enjoyable enough for people who were waiting for something like it.

Prey - Mooncrash - Reveal - :thumbsdown:

I can't stress enough how disappointed I am by this. Prey was one of my favorite games last year, and I was really anticipating an expansion. Instead, we get a $20 DLC that's apparently nothing more than a timed escape mission with randomly generated levels. No bueno…

Doom Eternal - Reveal - :thumbsup:

It's being described as a modern version of Doom II: Hell on Earth. Nuff said… just take my money!

Wolfenstein: Youngblood - Reveal - :|

I'd normally be a little more excited about a new Wolfenstein release, but I'm not seeing anything here that gets my wheels turning. It appears to be a co-op focused game set in the 1980's where the protagonists are BJ Blazkowicz's twin daughters.

I find the twin daughters thing a somewhat odd decision. Why not make them fraternal twins so that the player can choose his or her gender?

Rage 2 - Reveal - :|

I might change my mind about this one later, but I haven't seen anything yet that really excites me despite liking the setting. It looks like it could have potential, but the awful marketing campaign so far has had the opposite effect from what it's supposed to.

The Elder Scrolls: Blades - Reveal - :|

Personally, I have little interest in mobile games and zero interest in a mobile version of TES. That said, I know there are plenty of people out there that do enjoy stuff like this. I hope they enjoy Blades, but it's not for me.

Starfield - Reveal - :thumbsup:

I'm giving it a thumbs up on potential alone. That said, there was nothing really revealed here other than the game does exist. Still, it's hard not to be at least a little excited at the prospect of an open-world RPG in space.

Last edited:
Not really excited about shooters for some years so ill pass on those announced.

Starfield, they did said the genre? Could be something like a combo mass effect/elder scrolls, so im definitely interested if its like that.

TES 6 - will probably come 2-3 years from now, no reason to be excited yet.

According to some gaming magazines, Starfield will be a singleplayer RPG in space. As long as Todd Howard doesn't say otherwise, that's the most likely genre.

Bethesda has exclusively developed RPGs since 2006, and almost every article I've seen about Starfield refers to it as an RPG. I'd be shocked if it turned out to be anything else.

Im currently reading an article on Starfield on the German gaming website 4Players.
http://www.4players.de/4players.php...piel_von_Bethesda_offiziell_angekuendigt.html

According to this, you're travelling through space on your own space station, that you can improve and enlarge. Happy building. Also, quests should depend on your reputation.
Unfortunately, they're just summing up the rumors, nothing of this has been confirmed, as far as I know.

Spiderweb releases excite me far more than anything Bethesda throws out to us these days. What they consider role playing games resemble straight-up garbage to me, and the only game above that has any potential for me seems to be Starfield, and that might be entirely because we know so little. Bethesda, for me, is quickly becoming as relevant to gaming as Electronic Arts.

Okay, following JDR's format, here's mine:

Fallout 76 - :thumbsdown:
It's like a perfect shitlist: Online only; no NPCs; focus on multiplayer action; focus on survival and building. Not a CRPG. Not what I'm looking for in a Fallout game.

Prey - Mooncrash - :thumbsdown:
Prey is still on my "to play" list. I've only played "demo" content and it looks like a well crafted SP experience. Good writing, suspenseful stuff, like System Shock. Rogue-lite is not what I would be looking for from an expansion.

Doom Eternal - :thumbsup:
More DOOM! :devil::devil::devil:

Wolfenstein: Youngblood - :thumbsup:
I really need to catch up on Wolfenstein games! I'm a big fan of two-player co-op (I have a long-running weekly session with a local pal), so this sounds great to me.

Rage 2 - :thumbsup:
My attitude has changed since that awful first trailer. I think this has definite potential now. The Just Cause guys doing post-apoc seems like a win to me.

The Elder Scrolls: Blades - :|
Meh. My kids are excited by this. Looked a bit basic to me, but time will tell.

Starfield - :|
No idea what to think, because nothing of significance has been revealed. It's good it's an SP CRPG, but for all I know the setting could be truly naff.

Anyway, that's what I think. Toodles!

Fallout 76 - looks fun:party:

Prey :thumbsup:

TES Blades - light hearted TES, what's not to like :biggrin:

TES VI - on it's way, that's all I wanted to hear:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Starfield - filling the gap until TES VI :smitten:

Doom/Wolfenstein/Rage :bored:

My attitude has changed since that awful first trailer. I think this has definite potential now. The Just Cause guys doing post-apoc seems like a win to me.

Yeah, I'm starting to suspect Rage 2 might end up being a lot better than my first impression. The actual gameplay does look fun, and I like the large variety of driveable vehicles they've shown.

That marketing though… what were they thinking?

Fallout 76 :thumbsdown: - Ok, I was at first giving it a chance, but reading various comments here convinced me - I was being too soft and optimistic. I think that yea, this will probably suck.

Prey expansion - :thumbsdown: - Just not a fan of this game. (tried the demo, hated it)

Doom eternal - :thumbsup: yea, I have to learn more about it, but it does sound good. I love a good shooter, always have.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood - :| I am not sure about this one. I don't like co-op, but it might be a cool game. I do respect the studio. If they make it worthwhile for solo play and the other character is controlled by AI, and its a fun style shooter, I wouldn't say no.

Skipping down to starfield, those other games I don't know about or care about either.

Starfield - :| - Hmmm, could be good, could suck. Need a lot more info.

Elder Scrolls 6 - :thumbsup: I'm just glad they are going out of the frozen arctic, *hated that setting* and it looks like they have green forests and ocean and it just looks quite promising. I am also eternally optimistic, or try to be. :)

Elder Scrolls 6 - :thumbsup: I'm just glad they are going out of the frozen arctic, *hated that setting* and it looks like they have green forests and ocean and it just looks quite promising. I am also eternally optimistic, or try to be. :)

Watch it again, there are no forests in the video, it's rocks and tiny bushes. Skyrim had a boring landscape, but in comparison to this it's quite exotic.

Looking forward more to the new assassins creed RPG than Elder Scrolls 6 tbh. Origins was fantastic, way better than what Bethesda are doing these days, while they not there with CDP's Witcher 3, yet.

Fallout 76 - :thumbsdown:

After the announcement it will be online only, no single-player option, optimized for PvP, and will not allow mods at launch, and no non player NPCs to interact with.

Not interested is my final verdict.

Prey - Mooncrash - :thumbsdown:

Never Played the new version of Prey only the earlier game so not interested.

Doom Eternal - :|

Never played the new Doom either so not interested just indifferent.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood - :|

After the move to JB's daughters being the focus, and going Co-Op my interest is lukewarm. Though I might purchase this game on a cheap sale.

It looks to be Wolfenstein on steroids so I'm interested.

The Elder Scrolls: Blades - :thumbsdown:

Little to no interest in playing mobile games. So Pass.

Starfield - :thumbsup:

Thumbs up very interested and looking forward to a new Space SC-Fi RPG. Just hope it doesn't get turned into some type of Co-Op, or shared world game.

Elder Scrolls 6 - :thumbsup:

Excited and can't wait to play it. Bad news is it will be a while though as Starfield is the main game in production right now, and Elder Scrolls 6 just started pre-production.

Last edited:
I'm interested in Starfield but, as mentioned by so many, we know next to nothing so it's hard to get hyped.

Elder Scrolls is so far away I can't really get hyped but it's fun to try and figure out where it might take place based on the video and the music.

Mooncrash - eh, maybe. I'll probably be too busy with other games, though.

I might catch up with Wolfenstein if there's time.

(Jeez, I've seen a LOT of trailers tonight. Most with no gameplay.)

Starfield and TES6 certainly hold a ton of potential, but it's hard to know at this point. It would be nice to get a bit more information, even if it's just a few keywords.

Looks like there were quite a lot of streamer friendly products.

Streaming future is ensured.

Starfield and TES6 certainly hold a ton of potential, but it's hard to know at this point. It would be nice to get a bit more information, even if it's just a few keywords.

Okay, but don't let them know I broke the NDA:

Bethesda
Elder
Scrolls
Nirn
Dibella

Back
Top Bottom