Assassin's Creed Odyssey - E3 Demo & Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Assassin's Creed Odyssey was shown off at E3.

Reveal Trailer

From outcast mercenary to legendary hero, embark on an epic journey to uncover the truth about your past and change the fate of Ancient Greece in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Gameplay Walkthrough

Watch the first ever gameplay walkthrough of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey! Visit the beautiful Mykonos City in Ancient Greece where our Spartan hero Kassandra prepares for her next adventure. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will feature dialogue options, weapons and combat ability
More information.

Hmm that looked very good, although im not a fan of naval stuff.

The naval stuff looks incredibly boring. After around 5 seconds you have undocked some enemy turns up and the pew-pew can begin, almost like an arcade shooter, and you run into the next ship and the next. It also looks like its impossible to lose.

Something a little more atmospheric than this could have been done i think, more rare encounters and not every encounter should be enemies, sometimes it should be vague if its someone who might attack. Why not being able to ship different valuable cargo and try to avoid combat.. But maybe it's not as pew-pew as the trailer comes off..

Well I for one enjoyed the Naval combat in Assassin Creed 3&4. It was a shame when they moved away from this and back to the classic formula with Unity & Syndicate.

I hated naval combat in AC3&4, but adored it in AC Rogue and AC Origins.

Note that AC naval combat is simplified (mainstream) version of Sea Dogs naval combat but aiming/shooting works brilliantly with mouse. Con and pro.

I've never played AC games because darksouls. I've played them because of fun climbing/parkour, because of characters and because of story. Unity and AC4 failed with all these three points. While I skipped Syndicate, AC Origins returned to fun climb, characters and story.
Being everything except darksouls is what I expect from AC Greece too. Which means once I'm sure AC Greece is not darksouls clone but will give me what I want instead of QTE2.0, I'm buying.

The chick is definitely hot, exemplar Greek beauty. ;)
They've also improved dialogue flow and facial animations substantially, ACO had a lot of uncanny valley moments ( barring mo capped cutscenes).
Weird world. CDPR makes grand scale Deus Ex. Ubisoft makes Witcher-like game. Bioware a loot shooter, Bethesda online survival game…real question is, what's Obsidian up to?

My feelings are not the same. In my case it looks like this:
- "CDpr makes grandscale" dx/me hybrid (not gta, vehicles are supposed to function as nonracing mako).
- Ubisoft makes TW4 in ancient Greece, but also irrelevant shovelware with nice visuals.
- Bioware makes mmo(s).
- Square Enix continues TR, but also childish KH chore garbage because Goofy sells.
- EA makes everything that isn't singleplayer. Phone scams even more than mmos.
- Sony blackmails Death Stranding into exclusivity.
- Nintendo continues to run con job successfully.
- Konami makes pachinko.
- 2K hates PC.
- Warner… Dafuq? Were they even on E3 to show some more pisspoor optimizations?
- SEGA has crush on PC, there is a good chance it becomes love.
- Bethesda makes mmo(s) and phonegames. They should merge with EA.
- Someone dare to troll E3 with Sharknadolike singleplayer RPG and it worked.
- etc etc

Obsidian? They're MIA or work on another MMO. Or checkpoints based rubbish.
CA left and now works on DL2.

The chick is definitely hot, exemplar Greek beauty.
Well you can play as male or female in this new entry.
…real question is, what's Obsidian up to?
Well since you asked smugly they are teaming up with Take 2 for a new unannounced RPG, POE II expansions, and I have no doubt more crowdfunded games.

Just another E3 interview this time for Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

That actually looks mildly interesting. First time that's happened for me with an AC game in a long time.

Well, there was the historical tour mode or whatever in the Egypt one. But then they decided to cover up the statues with fig leaves, and I can't be bothered with nonsense like that.

Ubisoft makes Witcher-like game.
Wait a minute. Can you explain or give a link?
I didn't watch any video and just heard that there will be some dialogue choices.

Wait a minute. Can you explain or give a link?
I didn't watch any video and just heard that there will be some dialogue choices.
Here you go one with with eleven reasons.

And some of the games key features.
Key Features

• Become a Legendary Spartan Hero: Embark on your journey from humble beginnings to living legend as Alexios or Kassandra. Customize your gear, upgrade your abilities, and personalize your ship on your path to becoming a Spartan hero.

• Ancient Greece Awaits: From the heights of snowy mountain peaks to the depths of the Aegean Sea, explore an entire country full of untamed environments and cities at the peak of Greece’s Golden Age. Unexpected encounters will breathe life into your story as you meet colorful characters, battle vicious mercenaries, and more.

• Choose Your Own Path: Your decisions shape the world around you with over 30 hours of choice dialogue and multiple game endings. Experience a living, dynamic world that constantly evolves and reacts to your every decision.

• Fight Epic Battles: Show off your extraordinary warrior abilities and shift the tides of battle during one of the deadliest conflicts of the time, the Peloponnesian War. Charge into epic clashes between Sparta and Athens in big battles pitting 150v150 soldiers against each other.

• Sail Across the Aegean Sea: Find uncharted locations, uncover hidden treasures, or fight your way through entire fleets in naval battles. Customize the look of your ship, upgrade weaponry to suit your strengths, and recruit crewmembers with unique perks, tailoring naval combat to your style.

• A Land of Myths and Legends: Discover a world rich with myths and legends. From ancient rituals to famed statues, come face to face with Greece’s legendary figures and discover the true nature of mythological beasts like Medusa and the Minotaur.
The Lead developer even said its an RPG this time, and heavily inspired by Witcher 3.

Thanks!

Didn't watch the video but the paragraph with the dialogs seems to make clear that it's not some shallow gimmick but most likely an actual change.
First time I'm interested in an AC game after completing the first one and canceling the second.

Thanks!

Didn't watch the video but the paragraph with the dialogs seems to make clear that it's not some shallow gimmick but most likely an actual change.
First time I'm interested in an AC game after completing the first one and canceling the second.
Assassin's Creed 3&4 were the last ones I played, and I didn't care for the original games and it's many spin-offs. Though this game seems to be alienating fans.

I see it as evolution of an old stagnant game franchise.:)

What bugged me the most (after the inital excitement about the fantastic movement system) was the linearity and that I didn't have any choices at all. That seems to change now.
Is it known if there still will be the annoying small chapters in present time with the Animus and stuff?

Is it known if there still will be the annoying small chapters in present time with the Animus and stuff?
Some of the info available says it's a continuation of Origins. So it should have Layla Hassan at Abstergo's Historical Research Division using her machine once again.
In the modern era, Hassan's quest to find Isu artifacts leads her to discover a book written by Herodotus. The book refers to a Spartan mercenary (Alexios/Kassandra) that came into contact with Isu artifacts, and may have even wielded one.

Some of the info available says it's a continuation of Origins. So it should have Layla Hassan at Abstergo's Historical Research Division using her machine once again.
Well, then I hope it can be ignored or even somehow skipped.

I played the one with Enzio in renaissance Italy and liked it okay, but not enough to make me buy another AC game, but I have to admi
t that I love the ancient world so this and Origins look appealing to me. Have these games evolved positively since the original AC games?

I played the one with Enzio in renaissance Italy and liked it okay, but not enough to make me buy another AC game, but I have to admi
t that I love the ancient world so this and Origins look appealing to me. Have these games evolved positively since the original AC games?

That is the question that even the wisest among men cannot answer. ;)

LOL
You don't have to be wisest to answer it.
The franchise took a few directions and evolution wasn't always positive. I've posted about AC games elsewhere, but who'd find it now.

AC1 - skippit as it's tech demo

AC2, AC:Brotherhood, AC:Revelations - socalled Ezio trilogy actually completes another assassin's story too (Altair) has it's hiccups but "fixes" them throught the trilogy, for example atrocious timed puzzles design from AC2 never appears in other AC games again. These three games are mustbuy and mustplay before you die.

AC3 - I loved it, but many people didn't as it doesn't have spectacular towns like it's predecessor trilogy. Of course it doesn't, Boston was a village back then. But it made revisionists butthurt (saw that word at some JDR's post today so I have to use it). This one has a story twist unlike previous trilogy which is a great thing. Not so great is ending of Desmond's arc. What's horrible is mushoorms emulation on PC in certain minigame. Buy on sale.

AC4 - overrated unoptimized garbage. Don't even think about buying it.

AC:Rogue - a small gem that's sadly very short. Buy immediately.

AC:Unity - not only the worst AC game, but one of the worst games ever. It's mmo where you can play singleplayer. Just as other products advertised as such, scratch that "you can play solo". It's mmo and you must coop with unknown idiots who'll screw your progress in many missions. This mmo has bugs that remained even after numerous patches as if Bethesda developed it. Pretend this turd doesn't even exist.

AC:Syndicate - chariot races. If you love need4speed, well then, buy right now. If vehicle races are not your thing, forgeddit.

AC:Liberation or something like that, AC:China, AC:Egypt, AC:Russia… AC:Shovelware - phonegames and nintendo gameboy rubbish. Don't bother and don't support bullshit. Voting with your wallet will make Ubi not to make more scams. Hopefully.

AC:Origins - a huge shift to RPG. It's still an environment puzzler, but there are enough RPG elements to call it at least RPG hybrid. Optimization on PC is still horrible, the game hammers quadcore CPU like crazy. But even with that hammering, unlike AC4 where microstutters happen every minute, in AC:O you'll rarely see them. Most of the time you'll be able to enjoy it with smooth 60FPS on PC, so buy. Now please.

DLC… DO NOT BUY. Only AC:Origins expansions are worth your cash. DLC in the rest of AC games is plain crap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom