Call of Cthulhu - October 30th Release Date

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Call of Cthulhu will release October 30th on Steam and is now available for pre-order at 10% off.

About This Game

Call of Cthulhu, the official videogame inspired by Chaosium's classic pen and paper RPG, brings you deep into a world of creeping madness and shrouded Old Gods within Lovecraft's iconic universe.

1924. Private Investigator Pierce is sent to look into the tragic death of the Hawkins family on the isolated Darkwater Island. Soon enough, Pierce is pulled into a terrifying world of conspiracies, cultists, and cosmic horrors.

Nothing is as it seems. Sanity is an irregular bedfellow, all too often replaced by whisperings in the dark. Strange creatures, weird science, and sinister cults dominate the Cthulhu Mythos, intent on realizing their mad schemes to bring about the end of everything.

Your mind will suffer - between sanity and psychosis, your senses will be disrupted until you question the reality of everything around you. Trust no one. Slinking shadows hide lurking figures… and all the while, the Great Dreamer prepares for his awakening.
More information.

See, now that is just plain smart!!! Dropping this game on the audience right before Halloween makes perfect sense, I'll never comprehend why scary movies/telly shows don't do this habitually. I'm sure some marketing cause is the true factor, but I believe you'd reap more if you hit this time period for scary/frightening productions.

See, now that is just plain smart!!! Dropping this game on the audience right before Halloween makes perfect sense, I'll never comprehend why scary movies/telly shows don't do this habitually. I'm sure some marketing cause is the true factor,

Yes. And Vampyr was purposefully released at the time of E3. Focus has real "focus" on marketing now. :)

Its a pity that Drakensang didnt have similar marketing and was published by dilettantes from dtp.

Yes. And Vampyr was purposefully released at the time of E3. Focus has real "focus" on marketing now. :)

Its a pity that Drakensang didnt have similar marketing and was published by dilettantes from dtp.
A Halloween release sounds like a good idea for Call of Cthulhu. As for Vampyr that wasn't a good idea to release at E3, and DTP ruined the English Drakensang version.

As for Vampyr that wasn't a good idea to release at E3

Why? If your game is not AAA but gets some attention its good to use this opportunity and have the game on the market.
The game sells so it seems it wasnt bad idea.

and DTP ruined the English Drakensang version.

Thats what I mentioned.

Why? If your game is not AAA but gets some attention its good to use this opportunity and have the game on the market.
The game sells so it seems it wasnt bad idea
My fault thought you meant the release was ill timed.:beer:
Thats what I mentioned.
I remember waiting years and getting only vague promises on the games forum. It was the same with Larian's Divinity 2:Ego Draconis many years back. Glad DTP went bankrupt.

Not going to pre-order, but I'm definitely getting this sooner rather than later :)

Back
Top Bottom