Din's Curse - Preorders Open

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Soldak has opened preorders of their upcoming game, Din's Curse. In return for placing an order, you'll get the game for the discounted price of $19.99 and get to download and play the current beta version.
Edit: here's the official PR.
Dallas, Texas, February 3, 2010 - Pre-orders of Din's Curse are now available at http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Buy.html

Gamers who pre-order Din's Curse will receive full access to the latest beta build, a reduced pre-order price of only $19.99, single player and co-op multiplayer (both LAN and internet), the opportunity to give Soldak feedback on our forums which can influence the game, and of course, the final game version when it becomes available.

The pre-order price will last until the game is released in about a month.

Din, champion of the gods, has cursed you into a second life of service because you selfishly squandered your first one while causing misfortune to those around you. To redeem yourself, you must impress Din by building a reputation for helping others. Travel the spacious western plains of Aleria and save desperate towns from the brink of annihilation. Until you're redeemed, you're doomed to wander the earth alone for all eternity.

In Din's Curse, you will explore an extensive underground, slaying dangerous monsters, solving dynamic quests, dodging deadly traps, and in your spare time, plundering loot. Quell uprisings, flush out traitors, kill assassins, cure plagues, purge curses, end wars, and complete other dangerous quests or the danger WILL escalate. Not all is as it seems though, traitors will gladly stab you in the back, renegades can revolt against the town, spies can set up ambushes, and items might even curse or possess your friends.

Choose one of 141 class combinations and journey to an infinite number of dynamically generated towns with vastly different problems. Every game is a surprise! Your actions have real consequences in this dynamic, evolving world. Your choices actually matter!

Open the door to Din's Curse. Surprising adventures await!

Din's Curse is scheduled to be released in the 1st quarter of 2010, however it will be released when it's done.

For more information about Din's Curse, head over to http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Overview.html
More information.

This game just sounds really cool and innovative. I can't wait to try it out. I'll deff. be putting in for my pre-order copy. Can't wait to experiance my first earth quake. It sounds like there may even be some emergent game play. At that price, I'm not going to pass this one up. I'll probably wait to download untill full release though. Don't want to spoil it with the beta.

Big fan of Depths of Peril, so I've already preordered and downloaded the beta. Sadly, no time at the moment to play.

Exactly - I have DoP and Kivi on both Mac and PC, decided to go Mac version first with this one.

I've thought about this a lot over the last few days and think allowing 1 copy per family would be a good idea for us, so we are going to try it with Din's Curse. I'm not sure future games will do it or not (depends on how it works out with Din). Below is the relevant part of the EULA. If anyone sees any problems with it please speak up.

Under this license, you may:

(i) install this Software on as many computers as you personally own and only on computers that all physically reside at the same location. This only applies to a single family within one dwelling (house, apartment, etc), everyone else must purchase one license per computer

just read this at the official site.....I love these guys!

That's super! Would be nice if it worked Mac /PC as well ... but hey, another $20 to support them isn't bad ...

I preordered and played the beta for a little while. I received a quest and the quest giver told me to "hurry". We all know what that usually means. Do it when you get around to it. After clearing out some of level one I levelled up. As I was browsing the skills I received the "quest failed" text. Apparently you really do have to hurry. A great feature. I will play some more. So far, so good.

Under this license, you may:

(i) install this Software on as many computers as you personally own and only on computers that all physically reside at the same location. This only applies to a single family within one dwelling (house, apartment, etc), everyone else must purchase one license per computer
Actually I was thinking of pre-ordering this, but I didn't see much info about how the game actually plays, and found a post by a guy who wanted to put a copy on his work(nice company, must be self-employed) computer as well and enquired about this. Peeler told him that while it might be against the "letter" of the EULA, it was not against the "spirit" of the EULA and so told to go ahead and install it. He also gave him a tip that BTM or whomever he distributes to might cut him off if he downloaded from a different IP and so suggested burning a CD!

How's the gameplay? When he says you play in a "world" is that world like single town and dungeon? Or is it world as in multiple towns and dungeons and outdoor areas? (Played DoP a long time ago and don't remember much but is it similar to that minus the guilds or factions or whatever they were?)

OTOH I might just do the mid pre-order level for Grim Dawn instead as I've got a pretty good idea what that'll be like already… (TQ in a grimmer setting with blood and, hopefully, random dungeons but smaller. Sounds like 1/2 the size of TQ + IT to start, same engine.)

Last edited:
I said it was NOT against the spirit of the EULA, although that is probably what you meant.

Within each world there is just one town and a dungeon. However, there are essentially infinite worlds.

If you played DoP here's my really quick comparison: Din's Curse = DoP - factions + way more dynamic stuff + lots of world interaction + more random features + prettier + 141 class combinations + co-op multiplayer

I said it was NOT against the spirit of the EULA, although that is probably what you meant.
You're right. I didn't pay enough attention to the phrase when I edited it…

Within each world there is just one town and a dungeon. However, there are essentially infinite worlds.
Sounds OK, but I'm a bit dungeon crawled out ATM("finishing" Torchlight seems to have put the capper on dungeon crawls for me now — not even playing roguelikes…), and this sounds like it's mostly a dungeon crawler then…

If you played DoP here's my really quick comparison: Din's Curse = DoP - factions + way more dynamic stuff + lots of world interaction + more random features + prettier + 141 class combinations + co-op multiplayer

I may need to order this. I bought DoP during the big $9.99 sale and while I appreciate the variation on the Action RPG theme (namely the faction system), I found it cumbersome to worry about interacting with all the other factions and recruiting members and what not. Granted I have not been able to devote much time to it, so by no means am I upset with the purchase. Din's sounds a little more straightforward and what I'm looking for.

I haven't played that much yet, but what I *have* played is a blast.

hmmm... maybe I'll get the pre-order anyways dunno... S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat just came out on Steam too for the same price(loyalty -- have the other two)...

OTOH the CoP price is indefinite... maybe I'll go play a little Titan Quest and see how that goes, if it sparks any interest I'm sure that I'd enjoy something new even more, i.e. Din's Curse...

Back
Top Bottom