SteamOS Sale

Ripper

Зичу Вам успіхів
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/steamos_sale

Some good deals on here. Although this sale is in honour of the Linux releases of some big games, I think the sale is for the Windows versions too. I'm just on my Android, so maybe someone could check?

Ripper most of those games are on sale for windows. You can tell by the Windows Logo on the sale picture, and after you click the game for information.:)

You also get the option to play on different OS's after buying the game.

Yes - I think the idea is all these games are coming to Linux, but you can buy the Windows versions in this sale, and then run them on Linux as they are released later on. Thanks for confirming - I just didn't want to send Windows players to a sale that didn't apply to them.

Its for windows also. Theres also more than just what they are showing. Related games seem to be also on sale not to mention package deals.

Great - thanks.

Seems like I have been sleeping in class. Is steamos available now? And are there games for it already?

Pibbur who is confused, but not a cat.

Seems like I have been sleeping in class. Is steamos available now? And are there games for it already?

Pibbur who is confused, but not a cat.
The OS has been available since last year for free. You can even buy custom console PC's to use the new OS. As for the SteamPlay machines Valve will release them this year.

Also, there's no distinction between games released for Linux and SteamOS. There's nothing all that special about SteamOS - it's just Debian Linux preconfigured for gaming through Steam Big Picture Mode. Pretty much any distro with the proper drivers and Steam for Linux installed should play the games too.

The main thing about SteamOS is that it becomes a standard, so all testing and bug fixing is targeted at one reliable distro, rather than studios having to try and support games across a multitude of distros and configurations.

Exactly - and then you can buy a (relatively) cheap box that is essentially a console - plugs into your TV, and just works with these games.

Back
Top Bottom