Darkflame - Kickstarter Coming

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
According to the steam page for Darkflame, this 2D action RPG is coming to Kickstarter on October 1. The page does say 2015, but it isn't anywhere to be found on Kickstarter with no news on why not, so that might say something about the level of communication.

I will be releasing my new polished demo on the 1st of October! Can we get some HYPE!? (yay)

I will also be starting my Kickstarter campaign on the same exact day... so if you want this game to be finished/polished up as much as I do, then you should stop by and lend your support!

For those of you who want a sneak peek at what the new demo will consist of, my buddy Mr. Mustachio will be playing the new demo on his twitch.tv site! You can check it out on 29 September @ 0:45 at Mr. Mustachio's Great Show of Excellence! He is very charismatic and worth the visit ;) (especially if you're a night owl.
That demo isn't available yet either, only the old one is on the games web site.

And here is the referenced video:

Thanks Eye.

More information.

When I sent in this news last week, on the 29th or 30th September, their Kickstarter was announced in bold on their website. The announcement appears to be gone now, I haven't seen the reason of this postponement anywhere on Twitter.

When I sent in this news last week, on the 29th or 30th September, their Kickstarter was announced in bold on their website. The announcement appears to be gone now, I haven't seen the reason of this postponement anywhere on Twitter.

Hey Eye,

This is Warren Smith (the developer of Dark Flame) - sorry for any confusion. I have a pinned Tweet talking about the delay here: https://twitter.com/BorishDugdum/status/649372618340958208. Also, I just created a post on my official site talking about the pushed date for the Kickstarter. Right now I'm aiming for a tenative date of 15 October 15 due to a recent investment from SeriouslyWeb who manages/runs Kickstarter campaigns. This is good news because it will help improve the quality of the campaign. I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused! Thanks for mentioning this game though!

v/r,
Warren Smith
www.DarkFlameGame.com

Give him kudos for his forum nick at least :)

Hey Eye,

This is Warren Smith (the developer of Dark Flame) - sorry for any confusion. I have a pinned Tweet talking about the delay here: https://twitter.com/BorishDugdum/status/649372618340958208. Also, I just created a post on my official site talking about the pushed date for the Kickstarter. Right now I'm aiming for a tenative date of 15 October 15 due to a recent investment from SeriouslyWeb who manages/runs Kickstarter campaigns. This is good news because it will help improve the quality of the campaign. I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused! Thanks for mentioning this game though!

v/r,
Warren Smith
www.DarkFlameGame.com

Hey Warren,

What an unexpected, pleasant surprise! Thanks for taking the trouble of registering and explaining the why and how. Much appreciated!

I'm sorry I missed that tweet of yours, may I be so bold to suggest to use the name Dark Flame in tweets that concern your game? It would help me greatly! :)
O, and now that I am at it: you can always use the Contact form ('Contact' > 'Contact us') to make sure important news about your RPG will reach the news editors of RPGWatch.

I wish you all the best with the development and hope the game will turn out to be the game you've always dreamt to create.
I'll keep an eye on Dark Flame and its progress.

Good luck with the Kickstarter. Fingers crossed! :)

Back
Top Bottom