Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread - Page 51 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Default Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

July 17th, 2019, 13:49
I'm loving my party's current outfit - I tried to match it to each of their portrait

https://imgur.com/g71dxDx.jpg
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)

July 20th, 2019, 14:22
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I'm loving my party's current outfit - I tried to match it to each of their portrait

https://imgur.com/g71dxDx.jpg
That's a fine looking party!

I have been modding the game this time around (its my third play through) so I would have more control over appearances. Plus a cool mod that tracks all your stats like BG did - like kills, hit rates, best hitter, # of X completed, etc., plus some mods that free up the camera and zoom more, and the visual adjustments mod of course. So can appreciate how nice it is when you get a cool group going!
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

July 20th, 2019, 14:33
Oohh, do show off your party outfit sometime as well!!
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

July 21st, 2019, 03:23
Another survey from Owlcats regarding dungeons in Kingmaker

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F…Hr6vg/viewform
--

purpleblob

Princess

July 21st, 2019, 12:58
Nice, filled out the survey. Asked for more light sources in dungeons. Also, more natural and organic dungeons. The first dungeon with kobalds and mites should be less confusing and way too dark for a first dungeon. I was fine with the traps and puzzles but you can make newer players rage quit with that dungeon. It was too damn dark though even with the light spell.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

July 21st, 2019, 13:01
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Nice, filled out the survey. Asked for more light sources in dungeons. Also, more natural and organic dungeons. The first dungeon with kobalds and mites should be less confusing and way too dark for a first dungeon. I was fine with the traps and puzzles but you can make newer players rage quit with that dungeon. It was too damn dark though even with the light spell.

Well, its a dungeon .
Immersion > convenience anytime imo. I ' d also prefer a few longer ones.

Svartie

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

July 21st, 2019, 13:13
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
I loved the Old Sycamore cave!! There's always the light spell available for casters
--

purpleblob

Princess

July 21st, 2019, 14:35
I'm talking about newer players. I know many did not like Old Sycamore for the first dungeon. The light spell is crap in this game. When you can't even see the dungeon walls why pay an artist to do the work? I would like to enjoy the dungeon environment more.

At least have an improved light spell at 3rd lvl. I get tired at looking at black and gray blobs after awhile.

That's a great picture Purple. I think I will always have to have an Aasimar in my group to have the light halo.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

July 21st, 2019, 16:17
I guess its differences in opinion but I felt the light spell provided enough vision in Sycamore cave

Thanks, thats my party for the Beneath the Stolen Lands! I've downed and collected 3 out of 4 mini bosses' special items. Only Fallen Enchantress' item left before I can face the final boss I'm on my 16th run now lol.
--

purpleblob

Princess

+1:

July 21st, 2019, 21:05
Good survey. I like short to medium dungeons. Not a fan of huge multi-level dungeons in any game. Maybe one good big one and the rest a mix of medium and short.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

July 30th, 2019, 09:50
Finally finished DLC3 - took me 19 runs to complete!!!

The final fight was a good fun, took me only 2 tries though since I went in there as max level and geared to teeth - it was a close call, all of my party was on very low HP (but so was the final boss), my crusader saved the day by casting mass heal just in time then the beast went down on next round!

Here's the screenshot of my proud heros:

https://imgur.com/xnq1DhW.jpg
--

purpleblob

Princess

July 30th, 2019, 10:06
Wait -- are you saying the endless dungeons are not endless ?

Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Finally finished DLC3 - took me 19 runs to complete!!!

The final fight was a good fun, took me only 2 tries though since I went in there as max level and geared to teeth - it was a close call, all of my party was on very low HP (but so was the final boss), my crusader saved the day by casting mass heal just in time then the beast went down on next round!

Here's the screenshot of my proud heros:

https://imgur.com/xnq1DhW.jpg

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)

July 30th, 2019, 11:46
Originally Posted by you View Post
Wait -- are you saying the endless dungeons are not endless ?
It is endless - you can continue to play after you defeat the "final boss" for the DLC3, which is what I'm doing.

How it works as a "stand alone" DLC is:

You need to find all "lore items" of mini bosses (Weary Traveler, Fallen Priestess, Wicked Chanter, Captor and Captive) before you can open up a portal for the "final" boss.

There are 4 "lore items" per mini boss - once you collect all 4, the mini boss will drop a "special item". So all up, you need 16 lore items and 4 special items before facing the final boss.

Only 1 mini boss spawns per run, then you need to import the save to carry over the lore/special items to the next run - this also reward you special randomised boon.

On average, 1 item dropped for me - sometimes I got 2 in one run, sometimes none. So it took me 19 runs to face the final boss.

My party is max level (20) but I'm only up to 36th level of the dungeon, and there's an achievement for 50th level, so I'm continuing on

I think it works a bit differently in the main campaign.
--

purpleblob

Princess

+1:

August 3rd, 2019, 14:09
Yay, I reached dungeon level 50!

https://imgur.com/TXC9X7B.jpg

Finally going to take break from Kingmaker (I think… we shall see - maybe will start another run in main campaign lol)
--

purpleblob

Princess

August 3rd, 2019, 15:07
nice shot!!
they look awesome

It's the next RPG I'm going to do after Tyranny, excited to start

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

August 3rd, 2019, 16:12
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
nice shot!!
they look awesome

It's the next RPG I'm going to do after Tyranny, excited to start
Thanks! I hope you enjoy Kingmaker - its one of my top 5 favourite!!
--

purpleblob

Princess

August 24th, 2019, 05:19
Another survey is out to improve Kingmaker and Owlcat's future games - this time around on sound quality!

https://forms.gle/kzG1zcMBiihEURBR9

--

purpleblob

Princess

August 29th, 2019, 09:18
I'm trying out a whole bunch of new classes:

Kineticist Knight (Earth) tank, Slayer with glaive, and Mystic Theurge (cleric/empyreal sorceress).

I have no idea what I am doing with KK tank but I seem to survive well enough. I have an off-tank (crusader) just in case but haven't had much difficulty so far

Slayer is pretty cool as well, studied target ability is insane!

On the other hand, MT thus far been meh… maybe because I'm not high enough level to take advantage of the class. At low level (currently level 10 - cleric 3/sorcerer 4/MT 3) I'm just busy managing all the spells without much benefit
--

purpleblob

Princess

August 31st, 2019, 02:39
My apologies for barging in, but I'm thinking of picking this up next time it goes on sale. I am utterly illiterate in Pathfinder, however, and was wondering how applicable a-not-very-extensive knowledge of D&D 5th Edition would be.

Gwydden

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

August 31st, 2019, 05:42
Originally Posted by Gwydden View Post
My apologies for barging in, but I'm thinking of picking this up next time it goes on sale. I am utterly illiterate in Pathfinder, however, and was wondering how applicable a-not-very-extensive knowledge of D&D 5th Edition would be.
I wish I can answer that question but I haven't played D&D 5e…

All I can tell you is that the Pathfinder is derived from D&D 3.5e, some people like to call it D&D 3.75e. I was wondering about how D&D 5e differs to 3.5e and did some reading, and to simply put it appears that 5e is a lot more streamlined compared to 3.5e. But that's really all I got… sorry
--

purpleblob

Princess

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread