RPG Crawler - Top 5 PC RPGs of 2017

Hey guys - give RPG Crawler a break -

• Hand of Fate 2
  • West of Loathing
  • Battle Brothers
  • Nioh
  • Divinity Original Sin 2
is an excellent 2017 RPG selection. RPG Crawler is a very well informed guy and collects RPG news every week. He created his personal list and has chosen only from games that he played enough.

NO! The games I like are the best! Screw you guys!

;)

Can't really comment on his selection as I didn't play most games. For me it's good enough that DOS2 is listed. ^^

Whoa, a mention here. Color me surprised. And no need to cut me a break. Any list like this is going to necessarily miss out on some rpgs that were really solid, it's the nature of such things. I appreciate the different opinion sets, especially when accompanied by alternate suggestions. For instance, Elex, Grimoire, and Seven were all pretty high on my inclusion consideration. But when push comes to shove I had to look back over the year and pick games I came back to more often (compared to how long they'd been out).

It's heavily indie biased because I deal with a lot of indie games. I admit this skews these lists when I do them each year.

And as for me considering battle brothers an rpg? I admit this is mostly because I also do a lot of tabletop gaming, and lately I've been on a grim & perilous rpg sandbox kick. And for me, that game has enough rpg elements regarding character advancement and quests, even in the form of fetch quests/missions, that it captured that feel. At least as much as any general roguelike might.

As for video quality? Yeah, not gonna lie, I should've picked better clips. <_<

Battle brothers qualifies as a role playing game, without a doubt. Choices and consequences it has, more that your average so-called role playing game. It also has extensive character building and inventories, which contribute greatly to any game being consider a rpg.

Don’t cave and add Elex. Even Gothic 3 was better IMO which isn’t saying much. PB needs to think long and hard about what made G1 & G2 / NOTR such great games. Many will disagree of course

@RPG Crawler;

Interesting to hear that you'd place Seven quite highly. It seemed to divide opinion, but I liked the look of it. I've been waiting on a bit of patching, as usual.

I like this list though I only played DOS2 and Battle Brothers I did quite like Hand of Fate 1 and will get #2 at some point as well. Undecided on West of Loathing. Not a Grapics snob but Stick men???.
Far as I can see RPG Crawler got my kind games in his sights.

Anyone that has Battle Brothers on their list is good in my book. My game of the year. I thought it was a good year with Elex and Divinity.

I love this list. Now and forever more if I read an RPG review from this guy, in the back of my mind I'm thinking . . .. " oh yeah, this is the guy with that crazy best of 2017 list for RPGs" . . . .

Khannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I'm mean

Crawlerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Back
Top Bottom