|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - 67% Off Sale

Default Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - 67% Off Sale

January 24th, 2018, 11:22
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is 67% off on Steam. The offer ends January 27th.

About This Game

Features

• Dynamic combat experience – Cut off the four heads of a Hydra, climb atop griffins and fight airborne, or defeat dragons and other creatures by finding out their weaknesses.
  • Tons of content – Includes all previously released DLCs, pre-order bonuses, retailer-exclusives, and the Dark Arisen expansion content. Features the highly praised combat experience and rich customization, plus a huge underground realm to explore with terrifying monsters.
  • Customization options galore – Nine different vocations for players to choose from with a variety of skill options for each, armor that can be upgraded and enhanced, plus Pawn companions that can be trained to fit your desired combat style.
  • Stunning visuals – Beautiful high res graphics with increased fidelity.
  • Full Steam platform support – Includes Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud Save, Trading Cards, Leaderboards, Big Picture Mode support
  • Expanded controller support – In addition to supporting the traditional keyboard and mouse control scheme, the game natively supports Xbox 360, Xbox One, Steam Controller, and other DirectInput-based game pads such as the DualShock controller.
  • New Achievements - 9 brand new Achievements for both new and returning Dragon’s Dogma fans! Get ready to delve deep into Bitterblack Isle…
Set in a huge open world, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen presents a rewarding action combat experience. Players embark on an epic adventure in a rich, living world with three AI companions, known as Pawns. These partners fight independently, demonstrating prowess and ability that they have developed based on traits learned from each player. PC users can share these Pawns online and reap rewards of treasure, tips and strategy hints for taking down the terrifying enemies. Pawns can also be borrowed when specific skills are needed to complete various challenging quests.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

January 24th, 2018, 17:03
$10.. is this good? Tempting
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 24th, 2018, 17:56
Surprisingly fun in the beginning but eventually becomes a grind-fest. Too much respawn for me.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

January 24th, 2018, 18:19
I never got past the first half of the game. But it can be good fun, once you get the hang of the controls.

basharran

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor

January 24th, 2018, 18:31
Bought it. Why not
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

+1:

January 24th, 2018, 19:24
Yes, I enjoyed it, especially being able to hire pawns.

skally_wag

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

January 24th, 2018, 19:50
It is fun and (imho) for the type of game it represent it has really decent mazes/maps. The combat is a bit of a bore and the pawns are unique system for companions.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

January 24th, 2018, 21:34
Yeah, decent game but does get boring after awhile. Respawns make traversing the world too tedious… which is a shame because it's a pretty big, interesting world.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

January 24th, 2018, 22:30
Riding the dragon was fun

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

January 24th, 2018, 23:58
Climbing the giant monsters to quickly slay them was a neat mechanic. However, all of the fodder on the roads just got old and there wasn't nearly enough portal stones for a pc game. Worth the money easily though. I paid full price and don't regret it. I probably played 80 hours or so before boredom set in and I still like loading it up occasionally and playing through to the first city.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

January 25th, 2018, 00:37
I was surprised this game doesn't use the full screen space in fullscreen-mode, but there are black bands on top and bottom and displays like a movie. That "feature" immediately reduced Dogma to JunkWare for me..

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

January 25th, 2018, 00:46
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
I was surprised this game doesn't use the full screen space in fullscreen-mode, but there are black bands on top and bottom and displays like a movie. That "feature" immediately reduced Dogma to JunkWare for me..
Black bands made the game into Junkware for you? Really? To each his own but that seems like a pretty slight reason to miss out on a pretty good game.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

January 25th, 2018, 02:01
The capacity to complain about trivial things is alive and well I see
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

January 25th, 2018, 03:05
I’d recommend sticking mostly to the main quest. I’m a completionist and explorer so I went out to explore everything and do everything. As others have said the respawns are just too much and I got burnt out before I could finish. The respawns are exacerbated by enemies with insane amounts of HP. Bigger enemies, like dragons can have several hit point bars that you have to go through before killing it. If they would have taken a dark souls approach where battles other than boss fights are over in just a few hits it might have been tolerable but lots of respawns + long fights becomes too much after a while.

Having said that though I did get 90 hours out of it. With several restarts. So if you like action rpg’s I’d definitely recommend giving it a try but beware the respawns.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

January 25th, 2018, 09:53
In the last couple of years there have been two games that I didn't finish despite buying them. One of them is Dragon's Dogma.

Biggest letdown was the dull gameworld. I just didn't feel any motivation to explore or interact with NPC. I like well implemented cities in RPGs. The capital Gran Soren was the worst implemented city I've seen in a game of this scale. Felt as alive as a graveyard.
Bigger enemies just had a tons of health (with mutliple health bars), so it was a lot of repitition in combat.
Also it was said that it was the best or one of the best console ports. To me especially the UIs like inventory felt clunky and ugly.

So, well… not a recommendation.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

January 25th, 2018, 11:05
I found the game dull as dishwater, personally. Had some neat features, though.

My impression was that it was all about the spectacle of combat - and that doesn't work for me at length.

Sort of like the recent Mordor games.

NewDArt

Mentioned: Post(s)

January 25th, 2018, 12:07
Oddly the most frustrating quest I found was the one where you run in a circle (no combat).

Originally Posted by NewDArt View Post
I found the game dull as dishwater, personally. Had some neat features, though.

My impression was that it was all about the spectacle of combat - and that doesn't work for me at length.

Sort of like the recent Mordor games.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

January 25th, 2018, 12:51
Yep, some nice ideas and quite fun in the beginning but overall too much forced running around and killing respawns. So I put some hours into it but never got around to finish it.

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

January 25th, 2018, 12:54
Decent action rpg, with extensive character customisation, interesting pawn system, decent combat, and very good world/monster traversal mechanics.

However the world and npcs felt lifeless, quests are oriented on fetching or killing (which is understandable for this action oriented game), and respawning just killed it for me (which is also understandable for this action oriented game). The UI was also akward.

I was not driven to progress into the story or world and left after playing for about 10 hours. The game was also confusing as I felt on the boundary between playing in a realistic mythical world, and the absurdity of the lifeless pawn system and the npcs.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

January 25th, 2018, 20:55
A Dogma thread and no Bobo? Wow
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - 67% Off Sale