Supreme Commander Games Released on GOG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Good games if you're into RTS. I'm not much into that genre anymore myself, but Supreme Commander was one of the last RTS games I really enjoyed. Never played the sequel.

Good games if you're into RTS. I'm not much into that genre anymore myself, but Supreme Commander was one of the last RTS games I really enjoyed. Never played the sequel.

Lucky you, keep it that way.

Supreme Commander can spoil other RTS games in a number of ways. I remember the waypoint queuing system being very impressive. It's so well done the kind of things you could pull off with that would take a while just to describe and end up sounding overly convoluted.

So a simple example would be having a flying transport pickup and delivering a harvester to various locations all over the map letting the harvester clear out each area, airlifting it between each location and finally returning it to base, then both going their own way along their separate waypoint queues.

It's so many leagues above anything else, it's not just a great waypoint system, the waypoint queues for different units can interact, and then you also have things like pickup/dropoff zones if I remember right.

That game did so many things that should have become instant standards for RTS games.

Wish the campaign/levels itself were better designed though.

Same. The last great RTS I enjoyed. There was just something so supremely satisfying in watching giant mechs go at it.

Back
Top Bottom