Which of the three do you like best?

• Divinity: Original Sin

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Wasteland 2

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Pillars of Eternity

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters
Interesting, thank you for sharing. We are in much agreement, particularly in regards to how we rank Round 1 and our opinion that D:OS2 is at least one of the best RPG's ever crafted. I much prefer TB combat in general, but thought the rtwp was okay in the first PoE, and will probably play PoE2 that way as well. I thought I had read on these forums other opinions that the TB combat dramatically *improved* the experience for most. Interested in hearing more opinions about that…

but thought the rtwp was okay in the first PoE, and will probably play PoE2 that way as well. I thought I had read on these forums other opinions that the TB combat dramatically *improved* the experience for most. Interested in hearing more opinions about that…

The RTwP in the first POE worked as well as RTwP works in most games with RTwP ^^
But that's a different topic.
Regarding TB, you can check a section of my LP here:
https://youtu.be/D_OmlIwTJXg?list=PLNU8jxMn6ejqo03PV3wq5yW0m0K_8gb5U&t=1234

At 20:34 you can see that the AI has struggles with moving to my team, instead they are just running around wildly. They probably have the same issue in RTwP, but in TB modes these things become more obvious and more broken and arent covered up in "action".
In general the system feels like modded in. I never played any of the TB mods, but that's how I imagine it would play with them…it just doesnt feel designed for that (well, it wasn't) and more of a crutch. Also the very first combat on the ship is already buggy and comes with incorrect displays (but that works after this initial fight).
If I remember correctly there are also skills which are borderline pointless, like stuns which don't stun anymore but merely interrupt and things like that.

Kingmaker >> PoE1 >WL2 > PoE2 > DOS1 > DOS2.
  • Kingmaker was, far and away, the best RPG in that time period. It took me back 20 years to my feelings of wonder w/ BG's release.
  • The first Pillars of Eternity after 200 patches and DLC worked in was a damn fun game; however, the game at launch infuriated me with its sloppiness and bugs. I've come to wonder if my enjoyment of the game didn't have a bit more to do with my choice of monk for the main character (great class).
  • WL2 Director's Cut was also terrific fun but it suffered in a couple big areas. First, the game was divided into two parts and it made for a stilted experience. Secondly, getting a wide breadth of skills in your party practically forced you into researching online on what was available from companions; they needed a limited respec option, or anything else to make those companions more customizable.
  • After WL2, my ranking is a wash, to be honest. I find DOS to be HIGHLY overrated and greatly disliked the armor system and the cover-everything-in-elemental-clouds mechanics of the sequel. Both DoS games' stories are trite, boring, and completely forgettable. As for PoE2, I got through ~90% of that game (level 18) and just stopped playing altogether; the entire setting was mundane, the copy/paste islands a bore to bother visiting, the plot to track down a god and his soul-thirst uninteresting.

Old thread from 2015 getting Necroed.:lol:

I don't have time to go into justifications, but I'll share my ranking real quick:

POE2 > DOS2 > WL2 > POE1 > W3 > DOS1.

(Kingmaker would get an incomplete... I disliked it when I first tried it, tried it again months later and played ~30 hours and thought it was alright)

Fine I'll play along as well.:)

POE2 > P:KM > WL2 > Tyranny > DOS2 > POE1 > W3 > DOS1.

PoE was the only one I played to completion. It's definitely much better with the white march expansions.

The other two I've played more than once but never quite finished. I'd have to say:

PoE > WL2 > D:OS

although they are all good in their own way.

For me: Pathfinder: Kingmaker > D:OS1 > PoE2 > PoE1 > D:OS2 > WL2

Enjoyed hell out of Kingmaker. D:OS1 was fun when playing with hubby but the fun wore out pretty quick. I managed to finish PoE1 which wasn't the case PoE2. I really disliked some of key features in D:OD2 which completely ruined it. I barely played WL2 because I got bored very quick :(

D:OS2 > D:OS1 > PoE1 > P:K > PoE2

Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children might beat the entire lot.

getting a wide breadth of skills in your party practically forced you into researching online on what was available from companions; they needed a limited respec option, or anything else to make those companions more customizable.

I definitely agree with you on this. I also feel like this has carried over to Wasteland 3. I generally don't like respec'ing in games but in the Wasteland games it seems specialization carries a lot more weight. Definitely have lamented picking up companions that have doubled up on my characters' specializations. Of course, you can always use an entirely custom squad, but you'd miss out on all the special stories and banter that come along with the companions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom