RPGWatch Feature - GOTY2020 - Most Anticipated RPG

Ha I called it in the other thread. So I'm not surprised once again. Shame none of you except me is interested it seems in Urban Strife. As I love Zombie TB RPG's.
You're not the only one: https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061626533#post1061626533
:lol:

Top 10 looks pretty reasonable anyway. Colony Ship and Realms Beyond won't be out in 2021. Throw out those two and Elden Ring and replace them with Urban Strife, Encased, and either Black Geyser or the Geneforge 1 remake.

Something else I just noticed ATOM RPG Trudograd didn't even make the top ten.

Man I'm so disappointed in you all.:p

It couldn't be in the top ten since it wasn't in the long list to begin with. I mentioned it but I was told it couldn't be there since according to him, it's a "DLC"...

I'm surprised to see Elex 2 so high in the ranking. Lot of Gothic fans, over here :) I've added Elex 1 to my wishlist, I might try it eventually when it goes on sale.

Just out of curiousity, @purpleblob, is this due to the developer's general silence, or do you know something more concrete?
Last main discord update was from last year. They need to find a publisher to get the game finished. There was some interest from a publisher but it sounds like it failed.

The project lead claimed they had backup plans but that was announced last year. As for source go check out the Codex thread or go on Discord for any updates they release.

Simply put it's a cursed with a troubled history with developers and publishers. It's safe to say development is either stalled again or it might be canceled/abandoned.

Edit: Here was the short discord update.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061618880&postcount=21

Last edited:
Last main discord update was from last year. They need to find a publisher to get the game finished. There was some interest from a publisher but it sounds like it failed.

The project lead claimed they had backup plans but that was announced last year. As for source go check out the Codex thread or go on Discord for any updates they release.

Simply put it's a cursed with a troubled history with developers and publishers. It's safe to say development is either stalled again or it might be canceled/abandoned.

Edit: Here was the short discord update.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061618880&postcount=21

Yeah, since it was originally the Chaos Chronicles, its been in development a long time. I guess I'll have to keep my expecations down, projects like this can go either way.

Just out of curiousity, @purpleblob;, is this due to the developer's general silence, or do you know something more concrete?

The recent discussion on discord revealed something like their co-CEO decided not to sign the investor deal that almost happened last year and currently not actively working/missing due to illness or something. In addition, one of the devs said that the KS goal they set was never going to be enough but then they decided to go with it anyway, hoping it will raise double their goal etc.

I read it in Codex + heard some similar on discord (not Realms Beyond one though)

Here's codex link if you are interested - Transfiguring Roar's post contains screenshot of discord conversation with RB dev:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...les-reborn-now-in-combat-beta.119661/page-102

I don't think things are looking good for Realms Beyond - I really doubt it will be released in 2021 (if at all).

Oh no! This is terrible news. I want to play that one :(

Missed the vote this year. Mine would have been BGIII, Pathfinder, Solasta, Realms Beyond. But sounds like only Pathfinder and Solasta are actually in play for 2021? Dang that's slim pickin's. I need to dust off the 'hidden gem' lists again :(

Actually I'll probably play Cyberpunk at some point too.

Back
Top Bottom