Post a Picture of Yourself!

OH! Thank you for that. I'm sorry then! :D Kinna sorry I missed that pic too. Amma go look now. I apologize for not understanding. :) I dunno if I wanna look at blood though.

Sorry again, I guess I'm a bit touchy atm. I'm embarrassed too now. Thank you for clarifying that for me xSam. I appreciate you!

(edit) I DID see the pig picture! I remember it NOW. I saw txa's pic and then Korplems but I guess blocked out. Not the man part but the open mouth and the pig thing. I'm reading Clive Barker now and everything is meshing together. And EW! LOL. Those pics made me start at the beginning. :)

@Korplem, I'm sorry again I misunderstood. I guess I'm used to rdama today. My other forum I peruse is filled with it. I guess I carried it over. Please accept my apology! :D OMG! I just created drama now! (end MY edit)

And, yes, the pig is fake. I saw it at Universal Studios and couldn't pass it up.

I *hate* Orlando. We went to Universal Studios and Magic Kingdom 2 years ago, and I wish I could have that trip back. Nothing but a giant tourist trap imo, and sooo many rude people.

My gf and I are in the process of booking a birthday trip for the first week of March. We almost went to FL because she wanted to go to Seaworld, and then we were gonna go to the Keys for a few days. Turns out we're just gonna go to Kauai for the week. :cool:

Nothing but a giant tourist trap imo, and sooo many rude people.

Did you really expect otherwise? ;)

And honestly I have found the folks in 2nd rate spots - like Sandusky Ohio (Cedar Point) *MUCH* more rude ... no plans for a return trip to Ohio ...

Why would you go to Ohio to begin with? :D

Well, we had been doing 'a state a year' for vacations, and now that we're in NY Ohio was an easier trip ... and our kids (and me) are roller-coaster fans ...

My point is that in Orlando you deal with herds of rude tourists, which is also true in places like Newport RI or on Cape Cod or San Francisco or whatever. But in second rate places you deal with herds or rude tourists AND rude people who depend on tourism for the livelihood of the area!

when you can go to Bergen, Norway!

The most rainy city in the world…..

My point is that in Orlando you deal with herds of rude tourists

Strange I touristed in Orlando and had a good time... of course seaworld was much better than disneyland but that was expected for grown-ups :p

Strange, most people who really depend on tourism are not rude, but then Ohio has always been the a$$hole of the US….especially to people from Michigan. (It's a rivalry thing ;) )

Bah, yer just jealous. Closest y'all get to a bowl game is spelling words with your Alphabits.

(actually, the only thing more annoying than an Ohio State football fan is an IU basketball fan, but someone's got to defend the honor of us bucknuts)

Strange, most people who really depend on tourism are not rude, but then Ohio has always been the a$$hole of the US….especially to people from Michigan. (It's a rivalry thing ;) )

I've been to Michigan for business travel ... I really don't even know what to say ... ;)

I've been to Michigan for business travel … I really don't even know what to say … ;)

I would think it would seem like paradise to someone from New York. ;)

Of course it depends where you went. If it was the Detroit metro area then you probably have the wrong impression of Michigan. The rest of the state is nothing like Detroit, which itself is nothing less than a huge joke.

Huh? Cowboys, Red Wings, and now Buckeyes dte? Get off the damn bandwagon already. ;)
I grew up in Ohio, but I only claim the Buckeyes under duress. Back in the day, I did my Ohio State application (Dad made me apply there, as a "fallback" to about the 7th power) in crayon...and I still got accepted (true story, I swear).

While visiting relatives in Ft. Lauderdale when I was 13 we went to Orlando (some part of Disneyworld, MGM Studios and/or Seaworld, IIRC). I thought you'd have to have some really cool roller-coaster rides in the US, but I was seriously disappointed with the ones I tried.

Haven't been to the US since. :/

While visiting relatives in Ft. Lauderdale when I was 13 we went to Orlando (some part of Disneyworld, MGM Studios and/or Seaworld, IIRC). I thought you'd have to have some really cool roller-coaster rides in the US, but I was seriously disappointed with the ones I tried.

Those particular parks aren't known for their roller coasters. Places like Cedar Point and Six Flags are a lot better in that regard.

Those particular parks aren't known for their roller coasters. Places like Cedar Point and Six Flags are a lot better in that regard.

Exactly - if you watch a 'worlds biggest thrill rides' show you will see mostly six flags and cedar point.

Don't forget King's Island in lovely Cincinnati, OH, home of a couple top-rated coasters. And, for that matter, upstart park Holiday World in the megalopolis of Santa Claus, IN has a coaster and a water ride that have gotten global recognition.

Six Flags Louisville has the craziest ride I've seen, though (probably not exclusive to that park). It's a massive A-frame about 200ft tall with a platform to one side. There's a single wire hanging from the A-frame, with a small harness at the bottom. You lay face down on the harness at the platform and they let you go. You pendulum back and forth like Superman. Very simple, supposedly very thrilling, and undoubtedly very @$%&(*@ crazy. You couldn't get me on that thing at gunpoint.

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind for next time. ;)

Six Flags Louisville has the craziest ride I've seen, though (probably not exclusive to that park). It's a massive A-frame about 200ft tall with a platform to one side. There's a single wire hanging from the A-frame, with a small harness at the bottom. You lay face down on the harness at the platform and they let you go. You pendulum back and forth like Superman. Very simple, supposedly very thrilling, and undoubtedly very @$%&(*@ crazy. You couldn't get me on that thing at gunpoint.

They have that at 6 Flags Magic Mountain, too. It costs about $30 extra for a swing. Does look like a major "oops I crapped my pants" moment. Although the people I saw doing it seemed to be enjoying themselves! ;)

X2 at Magic Mountain left me disturbed for a half hour, so I think I'll pass....

Back
Top Bottom