KoA: Reckoning - Player Housing

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Reckoning site has a blog entry from Content Designer Kitty Hughes, describing the development of player housing in the game:
When building a player home, it helps me to think of it in layers. I think of it in terms of either building layers up, or tearing layers down. I decided to build player homes from their final upgrades and work backwards. This allows me to nail down absolutely everything I want in the space first, and strip away pieces layer by layer until I feel comfortable with the basic layout you’ll experience when you first acquire the home.
For those who are wondering exactly what I mean when I say “space,” this is how we refer to an individual area of the game (examples would be a tavern, a dungeon, or a player home). Basically, when you see a loading screen in a game, it is a sign you are loading into another “space” in the game. This can also be referred to as a “zone” in some games, and when loading into another zone that can often be referred to as “zoning.”
More information.

I really wish they'd fix the camera on the PC already...

Yup, no patch with camera fix, levels still locked at 40 and no extra space. No hard mode. Hope its coming soon

Back
Top Bottom