VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Interview

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
USGamer interviewed the Bloodlines 2 devs:

Bloodlines 2's Developers on Next-Gen, Immersion, and Seattle in the World of Darkness

Hardsuit Labs isn't winding up to miss the mark.

Hardsuit Labs had stayed fairly quiet in the months leading up to last month's Xbox showcase. Since the Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 developer announced a delay in October of last year, pushing the sequel of a cult-classic vampire RPG into the latter half of 2020, the studio seems to have been mostly heads-down in development.

[...]

A City in Darkness

The world Gregg and the Hardsuit Lab team wants to immerse players in with Bloodlines 2 is Seattle, or at least, a fictionalized version of it. Where the first Bloodlines played out in California, with depictions of Hollywood and Santa Monica, the sequel heads up the Pacific Coast to rainy Seattle, which entails a bit of a change in scenery.

Mitsoda has stressed the importance of place in the past for Bloodlines 2; in making sure that the Seattle portrayed in Bloodlines 2 is honest to the real-world version, and not shying away from the real issues Seattle faces.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Really hope it lives up it's hype, and is not delayed again to 2021.:fingerscrossed:

Still no talk of a date. I feel like it's about 80/20 in favor of a 2021 release at this point.
The last update claimed sometime in 2020, but yes no concrete date was ever given.

Link - https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/dev-blog-post
To all fans of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. For the last three and a half years, we’ve worked hard to bring you a worthy successor to Bloodlines 1. To us, that meant not only making good on the ambitions of this remarkable game, but also a duty to ensure we would not repeat its mistakes. Today, we have to tell you that we need some more time to get you the game you’ve been waiting for. Although Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will still launch in 2020, we have decided to value quality over making the Q1 launch window.

Doing it in Seattle means they have GOT to put in some sort of dig at Microsoft.

Ugh, Why did they choose Seattle? Yuck. At least they are acknowledging the serious real world problems there - widespread homelessness, drug addicts, and so on (a lefty liberal paradise, indeed! sarcasm)

But besides that, it just isn't a very inspirational choice for a vampire game in the first place. IMHO

Just rechecked GOG and they predict a release date of December 31, 2020?

Probably just a placeholder.:(
Ugh, Why did they choose Seattle? Yuck. At least they are acknowledging the serious real world problems there - widespread homelessness, drug addicts, and so on (a lefty liberal paradise, indeed! sarcasm)

But besides that, it just isn't a very inspirational choice for a vampire game in the first place. IMHO

After the Chad/CHOP debacle I have to agree. Its spineless Seattle.:lol:

Probably a perfect feeding ground for Vampires though.

Last edited:

A city filled with zombies is a perfect place to develop a vampire game.

As opposed to the splendid condition of the rest of the country?

:rotfl:

Huh, pretty much anything & everything I know about Seattle comes from "Frasier", so I'm considering that to be the "canon version" of the city.

It will be fun to see if I can notice any differences in this version. :)

As opposed to the splendid condition of the rest of the country?

Seattle is the major city with the fifth highest homelessness rate in the country (348 per 100000 population). The four cities that are worse are Eugene, Los Angeles, New York and San Jose. The nationwide rate is 168 per 100000 population, so Seattle is approximately two times worse than 'the rest of the country' by the numbers.

Seattle is the major city with the fifth highest homelessness rate in the country (348 per 100000 population). The four cities that are worse are Eugene, Los Angeles, New York and San Jose. The nationwide rate is 168 per 100000 population, so Seattle is approximately two times worse than 'the rest of the country' by the numbers.

There's a screenshot of this post under "cherry-picking" in the dictionary.

Yes, though I was responding to the idea that Seattle gets a “yuck” as a terrible “leftie liberal paradise”, rife with homelessness and drug abuse. I could think of several backwards, benighted places in the US that I would far less wish to visit than Seattle. I would say that poverty and drug addiction are quite well distributed around the U.S., with the red states being very well represented in that regard.

And, I’m also suggesting that the country is in a parlous state in general, and that picking Seattle out as a singular example of poor governance makes little sense. This stuff belongs in P&R, of course.

Yes, though I was responding to the idea that Seattle gets a “yuck” as a terrible “leftie liberal paradise”, rife with homelessness and drug abuse. I could think of several backwards, benighted places in the US that I would far less wish to visit than Seattle. I would say that poverty and drug addiction are quite well distributed around the U.S., with the red states being very well represented in that regard.

And, I’m also suggesting that the country is in a parlous state in general, and that picking Seattle out as a singular example of poor governance makes little sense. This stuff belongs in P&R, of course.
True but I'd say every large city is a mess, most are liberal, and they are usually run by democratic leaders. Not a myth either plenty of articles are available on this topic.

Example - https://ballotpedia.org/Party_affiliation_of_the_mayors_of_the_100_largest_cities

I know plenty of small towns that are a mess also.:)

True but I'd say every large city is a mess, most are liberal, and they are usually run by democratic leaders. Not a myth either plenty of articles are available on this topic.

Well, to a large extent that's because all big cities are a mess, to some degree. Mo' money, mo' problems - wherever you have a concentration of economic activity and a dense population, you will tend to see a concentration of social problems, too. Perhaps Democratic governance has not been good in some cases, but I think it's also worth considering that it's these places that tend to be the centres of economic success, too.

The only large conservative-dominated population centers are the ones we see in science fiction, from Metropolis onward. Lovely places all.

The only large conservative-dominated population centers are the ones we see in science fiction, from Metropolis onward. Lovely places all.
Be sarcastic all you want facts are facts.:)

Americas largest cities.

64 are run by democrats.

29 run by Republicans.

Also facts are the larger the city the more liberal it leans.

Called the the Urban-Rural Political Divide.
Liberal cities and conservative countrysides.
I'd love to debate this in the PR political forum if you want to.o_O

Back
Top Bottom